If there were Darkest Dungeon skins for DST characters.

I could've sworn at some point Klei helped Red Hook in the publishing of Darkest Dungeon? Maybe I am just misremembering.

Regardless, if each Don't Starve Together character had a skin based off one of the Darkest Dungeon classes, which do you think they would be?

I can think of a couple obvious ones, Wigfrid as Hellion and Maxwell as Occultist, maybe Wolfgang as the Man at arms? Share your thoughts.

Klei was involved but I not sure the role.. I think they had to do something with publishing DD but the store page says Red Hook published themselves... Dunno for sure.. 

And yeap... A DD character would be nice but tbh I don't think it's very likely

Wolfgang could be MAA, Crusader, even Leper lol. 

Wes... Ofc.. The Jester... I think I don't have to say much about thst cuz kinda obvs xD

Woodie no brainer Houndmaster... He has tons of quotes referring doggos 

Wortox as Vestal xD... Kinda opposite but kinda same function in game .. Or maybe the flagellant. Not quite sure there... Maybe even Abomination 

Wicker as plague doctor. 

Winona maybe Shielbreaker or Musketeeer/Arbalest. 

Wilson as... Hmm.. highwayman? .. 

Not sure why i always find a lot of people who think that DD skins would be cool for DST. Not that i'm complaining, me and my friends would also like to find out.

They just happen to be friends, as their businesses were close at the time. I think Red Hook moved though.

Might add more to FreyaMaluk's comment.

Maxwell could be Occultist.

Wendy could be Grave Robber, both of them relate to a family member dying.

Wilson seems more fitting to be a PlagueDoctor, considering PD is willing to cut someone up for science.

Wickerbottom - Plague Doctor ("The doctor has both the knowledge to heal a body and to poison it")
Wilson and Maxwell - Occultist (two who seeks science, the true knowledge of nature, with all the horrors it hides)
Willow - Gester ("Around the round, on fire all the world,
burn all the Earth,
all ash on the ground... ")
Wolfgang - Crusader (For God, with God!)
Woodie - Houndmaster (the dog is to him as the ax is to Woodie)
Wx-78 - Leper (KILL)
Wendy - Shieldbreaker (tormented by nightmares, lost a hand such as Wendy lost her sister)
Winona - Man-at-Arms 
Wigfrid - Hellion ("forged by the fire of a thousand battles")
Wortox and Webber - Abomination
Wes - Bounty Hunter (silent and deadly)

3 hours ago, RogueGamer12 said:

Not sure why i always find a lot of people who think that DD skins would be cool for DST. Not that i'm complaining, me and my friends would also like to find out.

They just happen to be friends, as their businesses were close at the time. I think Red Hook moved though.

I think it was more that friendship otherwise why would they include them in the open credits with the logo. I remember the DD community manager saying in a stream something about some sort of collaboration but I don't remember exactly Klei's role. 

9 hours ago, Terra M Welch said:

I could've sworn at some point Klei helped Red Hook in the publishing of Darkest Dungeon? Maybe I am just misremembering.

Nope you're kinda right, Klei appears in the Special Thanks.

6 hours ago, RogueGamer12 said:

Might add more to FreyaMaluk's comment.

Maxwell could be Occultist.

Wendy could be Grave Robber, both of them relate to a family member dying.

Wilson seems more fitting to be a PlagueDoctor, considering PD is willing to cut someone up for science.

What actually made me think of this thread was seeing this fanart a while back of Willow as the antiquarian. So that's where I got the idea to make this thread.

1 minute ago, Terra M Welch said:

What actually made me think of this thread was seeing this fanart a while back of Willow as the antiquarian. So that's where I got the idea to make this thread.

I personally don't see Willow as the antiquarian... I think Walany might be better there?? but yeap... nice thread idea... I'm a big DD nerd fan :) 

What about Maxwell as the ancestor, they both messed up big time. 

Also, I drew a Wortox/DD picture like a week ago so funny you bring this up. 

I think Woodie would be perfect for the Abomination since they both transform it just makes sense.

Wendy would be funny to see as Occultist, just because of how darkly themed the characters are. Willow as Vestal, and Wickerbottom as the Plague Doctor.

I think WX would look amazing with a Leper skin. Hellion I could definitely see on Winona or Wigfrid, either/or really. 

(BTW for people who haven't played Darkest Dungeons, you should really show the game some love. It's amazing and I think would appeal to many of Klei's fans.)

Yep!

20190419150853_1.png.840b0f54b9fcb677a7d57708a37f8f34.png

Says so right on the intro page, before even the title!  One of the first things I noticed, in fact, since I didn't get into Darkest Dungeon until AFTER I'd already been playing Don't Starve.

I NAMED my very first Hellion "Wigfrid".  XD  And that's not the only reference, but I can't remember the others now.  Generally I go with (a) what the character looks like or (b) a combination of sounds that seems nice at the moment, when naming them.  I DEFINITELY had an Arbalest named Winona, though.  (Then again, I already have kind of a habit of putting Don't Starve characters in other things, such as Sim-Willow's "Wilderness Lot" in Sims 3. She sleeps in a tent and can even garden, fish and keep bees!)

Aaaand, I even downloaded the Darkest Forge mod, which now I'll never have a chance to use again.  Good times, though.  Having The Ancestor yell at me to "CONTINUE THE ONSLAUGHT!  DESTROY.  THEM.  ALL.:" was definitely fun.  XD

I do believe Darkest Dungeon and Don't Starve together are why I have "Lovecraftian" listed on my personalised Steam tags.  Heh.

mysteamtags.thumb.png.8ad620c4697d39ddf0680e1269cbeca7.png

Lol, "Relaxing" "Atmospheric" "Agriculture"...vs. "DIFFICULT" "LOVECRAFTIAN" "DARK FANTASY".  XD  Am I a weird player?  Maybe.  I like relaxing turn-based roguelikes that kill the beep out of you.  That's why I have so many hours in Dungeons of Dredmor, for ANOTHER example of a difficult Canadian-made game. :)

...Notorious

Archived