When will the new update come out?

In Brazil, 10:30 PDT is 14:30 in local time.. sadly i will arrive home at 23:30, need to wake up at 05:30  ( work + traffic jams + college == No free time, or sleep, ever :(:(  ). I will try to play ONI for some 30 minute tonight, just to see the new update! 

Well, when I launch the game, the bottom left corner on the menu screen tell me that the next update will be in 2 days. You all seem to behave like the release will be today. Don't you have the same time displayed as me ? It could be possible, as I am located in Europe, however I doubt as it never was a problem before.

It seems to me that the beta branch has been displaying a different "Next update" message than the current release version of the client? 

It said 1 more day in beta branch version like 3 days ago - and yesterday it was still saying "1 more day" 

However in the release version it was a different number of days yesterday

I'm not home right now but... I think one of the versions is displaying a wrong timer

I don't use the beta version this time, and so I have the last released version personally.

Furthermore, wasn't all the updates usually the thursday ? I might be confusing with Don't Starve or another game however.

4 minutes ago, Caochu said:

I don't use the beta version this time, and so I have the last released version personally.

Furthermore, wasn't all the updates usually the thursday ? I might be confusing with Don't Starve or another game however.

How many days does it say in release version right now? 

4 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

Sure about that?

image.png.c1f52a6aa0a7560b52075537b2184897.png

Just checked for the third time in 10 minutes. Sure. We are talking about the last official released, not the beta branch. 

Are you sure you checked the one we are talking about here ?

3 minutes ago, Caochu said:

Just checked for the third time in 10 minutes. Sure. We are talking about the last official released, not the beta branch. 

Are you sure you checked the one we are talking about here ?

I don't need to ;)

I already know they changed the update date :D

It's here: 

Do I have to play the open testing build?

Nope! If you'd prefer to only play a stable build, you can continue to play in the current Early Access branch until the QoL Upgrade Mk 3 releases in full on April 16th.

7 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

I don't need to ;)

I already know they changed the update date :D

Oh great ! Thanks for this information I ignored, ONI forum afficionados :D

So I suppose the timer on the official branch is the wrong one, and we all will be granted tonight with the update. Glad of that.

Sorry to have put some suspense in that thread :p

Just now, Caochu said:

Oh great ! Thanks for this information I ignored, ONI forum afficionados :D

So I suppose the timer on the official branch is the wrong one, and we all will be granted tonight with the update. Glad of that.

Sorry to have put some suspense in that thread :p

I think Klei realized that Friday, or Good Friday, is a national Holiday in Canada, so if needed there'd be no way to issue an emergency hot fix before the prolonged Easter weekend.

Hitting F5 and still no update.

1 minute ago, Saturnus said:

I think Klei realized that Friday, or Good Friday, is a national Holiday in Canada, so if needed there'd be no way to issue an emergency hot fix before the prolonged Easter weekend.

There's still a few days left in the week so I doubt that would cause a delay. Even if it did, they can continue updating the beta branch.

Archived