What do y'all think of woodie?

Woodie used to be my favorite character back when I was still a beginner. Werebeaver is such a fun form that I always used to cheese winter and boss fights.

Now he's just such a hassle to play as, I can't grab Glommer's flower without the use of a Lureplant, dropping all of your items upon transforming is annoying, can't take advantage of full moon nights, you lose your boat and drown if you happen to be sailing in the night of a full moon and keeping track of the moon cycle on your own is annoying (Especially with the lack of a moon dial like in DST).

Woodie doesn't have an Handicap, more of a Curse that really makes it hard for him to be played with.

There should be some pills or something that make him stop turning into Nut Cracker for a while thus allowing players to do stuff under the moonshine.

like how Nettle leaves/Seed pods prevent you from sneezing, something should do the same to prevent his curse for a while.

7 minutes ago, MWY said:

Woodie doesn't have an Handicap, more of a Curse that really makes it hard for him to be played with.

There should be some pills or something that make him stop turning into Nut Cracker for a while thus allowing players to do stuff under the moonshine.

like how Nettle leaves/Seed pods prevent you from sneezing, something should do the same to prevent his curse for a while.

Silver Necklace time

A difficult to play with character that requires you to know how the game works and keeping an eye on the moon cycle , strong in combat since he can constantly heal in werebeaver form and good at gathering but has to collect the drops in his human form. 

Overall interesting character but needs some attention from Klei 

I love Woodie single player. Werebeaver form is so damn good. 

You can go crazy in summer and winter cuz u don't overheat or freeze as a beaver... 

U can fight everything with strong dmg, natural armor and speed as a beaver. 

U are immune to poison as werebeaver 

Nightvision

U can both mine and chop quickly at the same time without to change minions like max... 

Werebeaver is a fun form

Things I dislike from Woodie:

- Drops inventory as Werebeaver. It's a bit annoying. 

- He looses a day after transforming. 

- CAN'T SWIM IN SHALLOW AND MEDIUM WATERS IN SW AND HAMLET in Werebeaver Form. Shameful really!! A beaver who cannot swim. So saaad. T_T

- Moon cycle affects him in the caves and ruins even tho u don't see moonlight except for green areas. This aspect is much better handled in DST. 

4 minutes ago, PriscaMitica said:

Now that you mention it Werebeaver should totally be a ble to swim in Lily Ponds and Shallow Oceans! Such a missed opurtunity...

Already mentioned

2 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

CAN'T SWIM IN SHALLOW AND MEDIUM WATERS IN SW AND HAMLET in Werebeaver Form. Shameful really!! A beaver who cannot swim. So saaad. T_T

21 minutes ago, JosePapp said:

Which dlc would you choose to start in for an all 3 dlc run with him?

Clearly RoG... He is **** in SW cuz he cannot swim... 

He is good in Hamlet as well tho... Pig ruins exploration in Lush season as beaver is awesome.. Cuz no hay fever and nightvision 

2 minutes ago, Namelessgamer said:

My least favorite character.

i hate dropping my inventory And i don’t like sitting on island on the full moon.

maybe we should suggest a character rework for DS Woodie too. Tbh he just needs two simple things:

- Werebeaver doesn't drop inventory.

- Werebeaver can swim in shallow and medium waters in SW (no deep ocean to make it fair) and in ponds in Hamlet.

-----------

Maybe change the "skips one day after transforming" too...

9 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

well that's soooo insightful xD

care to explain why?

-Can't get glommer flower without a lureplant

-instantly dies on a boat when going werebeaver

-always a werebeaver during aporkalypse

-drops everything when you turn into a werebeaver and dropping all your items near monkeys or especially splumonkeys may make them nearly impossible to get back

-his positives allow him to collect logs quickly to bad tree stacking and big foot exists

-lucy is annoying

6 hours ago, Computer-7 said:

Can't get glommer flower without a lureplant

I don't see a problem here, you still get it anyway right?

instantly dies on a boat when going werebeaver

No he doesn't, if he turned into werebeaver the boat will break and Woodie will wake up next day with enough resources to build a boat (similar to life jacket)

his positives allow him to collect logs quickly to bad tree stacking and big foot exists

1-Bigfoot has limited use VS Woodie who can collect logs quickly Anytime

2-werebeaver is another advantage which useful to rush ruins.

1 hour ago, Namelessgamer said:

I don't see a problem here, you still get it anyway right?

No he doesn't, if he turned into werebeaver the boat will break and Woodie will wake up next day with enough resources to build a boat (similar to life jacket)

1-Bigfoot has limited use VS Woodie who can collect logs quickly Anytime

2-werebeaver is another advantage which useful to rush ruins.

That only happens in SW, if you're on a lilly pond, you're just dead

Bigfoot may have limited uses, but it can clear dozens of trees in moments, can do that 3 times, and can be crafted every full moon while also farming Krampus

16 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

That only happens in SW, if you're on a lilly pond, you're just dead

Bigfoot may have limited uses, but it can clear dozens of trees in moments, can do that 3 times, and can be crafted every full moon while also farming Krampus

Aside from old bell even Wilba is better at being Woodie than Woodie

She doesn't drop most of her items when she transform and she still can use a map 

She can do practically all the stuff werebeaver can do while also being able to pick up items and craft stuff 

You can transform easly with just 2 monster meat instead of chopping a lot of trees 

Werewilba constantly regenerates health and fills her hp upon transforming no matter how much Wilba was wounded before in exchange for bigger hunger drain and also fills her hp after returning to her normal form while woodie skips a day and lowers his stats by a huge amount 

They both do simmiliar dmg however Wilba runs much faster than Woodie 

On top of that Wilba has her necklage allowing her to control when she wants to transform in the full moon unlike Woodie .

She doesn't transform on the boats so she won't destroy them

And she has a better music theme xD

18 minutes ago, Hx380 said:

Aside from old bell even Wilba is better at being Woodie than Woodie

She doesn't drop most of her items when she transform and she still can use a map 

She can do practically all the stuff werebeaver can do while also being able to pick up items and craft stuff 

You can transform easly with just 2 monster meat instead of chopping a lot of trees 

Werewilba constantly regenerates health and fills her hp upon transforming no matter how much Wilba was wounded before in exchange for bigger hunger drain and also fills her hp after returning to her normal form while woodie skips a day and lowers his stats by a huge amount 

They both do simmiliar dmg however Wilba runs much faster than Woodie 

On top of that Wilba has her necklage allowing her to control when she wants to transform in the full moon unlike Woodie .

She doesn't transform on the boats so she won't destroy them

And she has a better music theme xD

I hope the devs give Woodie a bit of love cuz Wilba def feels like an improved version of his curse. 

Archived