What do y'all think of woodie?

17 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

BTW that works too with with a weather pain

I forgot to add... relog after u plant them.. 

I also forgot to tell, Steaming Rhinosaurus (Rook) can be used to uproot trees very very quickly.

the only drawback however is that no pinecones drop, you only get 4 logs (the entire tree uproots leaving nothing behind)

and Treeguards also pop up a lot since he smashes trees one by one.

1 hour ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Use a controller to drop all pine cones in one single spot.. relog.. let it grow.. smash.. enjoy

you burn the pine cones extinguish them then relog also you can use a wormhole instead of a controller or a mod. 

since he's already a Canadian stereotype why not allow him to harvest sap from trees then put that in croockpot

to make syrup witch would be like taffy

like 15 hunger 12 sanity and -1 hp (around there)

also would somehow effect the beaver form in what way idk but yeah would be good

Apologies for the late responce, However, After much pondering on Woodie's situation, I've realized that Woodie's main issue is that he has a serious case of Wigfridism. Which is to say, There are other characters that do his job better, though Woodie has it much, much worse than Wigfrid.

For starters, Woodie's lumberjack niche is already a bit niche, especially due to him *only* being good at collecting wood, and not other resources such as Stone, twigs, or grass. And not only is his Niche Niche (I am just now realizing how confusing this may be), but there are other characters that fill his niche better.

I'm not to sure how Maxwell compares to Woodie in DS, but in DST maxwell wipes the floor with Woodie when it comes to wood gathering, in addition to also being able to harvest stone efficiently.

Wagstaff is also a better woodie than Woodie, though this only applies to the base game. The Thumper is basically a large, consistent, controllable, and cheap Bearger smash. Wagstaff is able to harvest Hundreds of wood in moments, and can do this extremely early on.

However, the main nail in the coffin is that not only are there characters that are better Woddies than Woodie, but there are other methods available that are much faster than Woodie at collecting wood, but These methods are available to everyone.

Obviously in DS there's the old bell, but that's already been covered.

In DST the old bell was removed, but Now the Bearger is much more reliable as a Lumberjack, and is able to quickly harvest tons of wood.

you also have the Reanimated Skeleton in DST. While it's not as fast as the Bearger, it still is much faster than Woodie, is decent at fighting off the Treegaurds, and can be indefinitely respawned due to it dropping everything you need to respawn it.

So yeah, Woodie isn't the best lumberjack in the game by a longshot. 

He's also got Werebeaver, but that's outclassed by Werewilba in DS, and in DST it was absolutely butchered.

So yeah, Just what I've determined.

19 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

So yeah, Woodie isn't the best lumberjack in the game by a longshot. 

He's also got Werebeaver, but that's outclassed by Werewilba in DS, and in DST it was absolutely butchered.

So yeah, Just what I've determined.

Yeap.. I mean in DS he has some annoying features like dropping his inventory and skipping days, but he us much much fun to play in compared to his dst version 

However... He needs to be able to swim.. That's just overdue... He is very annoying in SW

Dst woodie doesn't drop core inventory which is nice.. But his werebeaver state got destroyed.. And they gave him a sanity recovery and longer befriend time to compensate? What? 

TL:DR

DS Woodie needs:

- don't drop inventory as beaver

- swim as beaver

- doesnt get affected by full moon cycle in the caves and ruins

-maybe don't loose a day? 

DST Woodie needs:

- cold and wetness immunity as beaver

- higher dmg as Werebeaver (50 Dmg) 

- some natural armor as beaver

- more effective wood and rocks gathering mechanics (less Gnawing to chop and mine).. 

- only one gnawing for tree stumps 

Archived