[Game Update] - 323841

"Soiled suit"... The dupes are peeing their pants, walking around soaked in their own urine, and then spilling it on the floor when they take them off.  That's kinda hilarious but also... eww.

If your dupes are running around so long that they have an accident... you should be giving them a bathroom break already.  Poor fellas.

2 hours ago, 4ewka said:

Then why do we need a blocker, which can not respond to the necessary resources or temperature indicators? It's like making a motion sensor in the water pipe section. So that they stop the flow of water when there is a duplicate.

I'm open-minded about this. Because it has same "shut-off" name and a similar functionality, doens't mean it should be able to be used in an exact same way. But it will be useful where it's useful. But it doesn't have to be water/gas system's counterparts. That's my opinion, i'm happy with what i guess since i'm not the game designer. But it could be just a design mistake. But i odn't care.

2 hours ago, natanstarke said:

I think dupes are getting skills way to slow now.

I agree! And that also removes the need to keep up morale in the early game, which used to be one of the driving forces to expand and do new stuff.

If you're a bit careful with your early dupe picks, it's entirely possible to have a core team of 6-8 dupes with the essential skills (I use Dig, Research, Supply, Build, Research, Supply, Farm, Dig but should probably revise that) with their main interest on level 2 or 3 by cycle 40-ish. 

Where a level 2 scientist used to be a major decision point for me (the question being, can I keep morale in the 12-16 range?), now a dupe with Research interest can get to level three (morale req 3) without even needing a Great Hall. I have no idea what a better system would be, though...

• Like 1

I have to agree that the skills leveling up is WAY too slow.

I just started a brand new game to test out and even set the game to sandbox -  and its taking FOREVER to get 2 skill points enough to put into Ranching so I can test the grooming station.

My dupes have researched pretty far up the research tree before anybody gained a skill point.  Which makes the job board a mid game research option.     Normally I'd research job boards early on.  But  now its just sitting there for 20-30ish cycle before I gained skills to do anything worthy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

A have the same issue but just on an liquidlock on the right side of an exosuit checkpoint.

(My base is mirrored and just one liquidlock to leave the base on the right side got broken.)

And I take about "full" 700kg naptha tiles beeing replaced with CO2.

@Lilalaunekuh now that you make me notice, in my base too only the liquid locks standing on the right side of an atmosuit checkpoint are getting broken. 

What's even more oddly is that i am always finding CO2 in the middle tile of the lock even if there's no co2 any where around. 

I'm more convinced now that is related to the release of dupes' CO2 emission from atmosuits at this point combined with some weird gas/fluid mechanic ingame.

• Like 1

@Tenedas I could easily see that the radius of CO2 coming out of the suit could be dispersed randomly in a bigger area then just right next to them when they exit the suit.  Would be interesting to test out this with a dupe in a atmo suit outside the base all day doing tasks or locked out then let them back in but paint in O2 over all CO2 in the area and see where it spawns when he exits.

Edited by FiannaTiger

4 hours ago, FiannaTiger said:

Couldn't you in that case use a ore dumper to drop it in a pool and have a sweeper pick it up that is tied to a temperature sensor where the ore/whatever is being dropped to kick on after a certain temperature is reached back into another conveyor?

You could, yes.  However, when you drop materials onto the floor, they don't transfer heat very well.  Additionally, as you drop more material, the mass builds up.  If you then load the materials into a container -- again, they don't transfer heat well and you get a lot of mass built up in a small location.  On the rail, you have a 50g "packet" of mass that is trading heat with the rail, and with the material the rail is in (gas, liquid, or solid) meaning that your material cools down quickly and consistently.

symetrie.thumb.png.bc10685dfafbc44e68656e3149aedf43.png

Wasn´t able to replicate it either.

But the first time it happened, I let the game run unsupervised for a bit more than an hour.

The insulated tile adjacent to the lower tile of the exosuit checkpoint seemed had a "lighter" graphic/look.

(I saw something similar when I was messing with debug mode: Seems the tile got permeable after the CO2 was released.)

Algae Distillers still weak, such a cool design getting basically no use for me at least. " i can be wrong on these but i do not see anyone using it ever in twitch or youtube, at least in survival ".

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.c7a68fb5ccc29ca5c10a5b0a57c25fe6.png

image.thumb.png.cc6ffdb85f2971c42d79d43e57f62c96.png

image.thumb.png.184c2580111d83d769ea3507caf3bb4a.png

I use it for supplement my pincha pepper plants whit polluted water when my toilets don't give enough for continuous grout. I don't need slime so....

• Like 1

@Ipsquiggle Can you confirm that the Shearing Station also received the same treatment as the Grooming Station in this update to only work in a proper stable? I found my dreckos which are in a open ranch not getting sheared unlike before the update.

Spoiler
9 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

symetrie.thumb.png.bc10685dfafbc44e68656e3149aedf43.png

Wasn´t able to replicate it either.

But the first time it happened, I let the game run unsupervised for a bit more than an hour.

The insulated tile adjacent to the lower tile of the exosuit checkpoint seemed had a "lighter" graphic/look.

(I saw something similar when I was messing with debug mode: Seems the tile got permeable after the CO2 was released.)

Nice base!!!! Can you post a full screenshot ?

I will use that "bedroom + bathroom" concept in my next base!!! 

One question: 
Why did you use oil instead of water in the airlocks? 

On 4/9/2019 at 7:37 PM, goboking said:

All we're missing now is a critter-borne disease (think ONI-fied rabies) - colored orange or red, naturally - and we'll be all set as far as diseases are concerned.

Wild animals sometimes have fleas which could get on dupes and cause itching. Cured for animals by grooming and dupes by bathing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fredhp said:

Why did you use oil instead of water in the airlocks? 

I use naptha airlocks for the low thermal conductivity and high temperature tolerance.

1. My liquid locks show one of the lowest possible changes for body heat ;)

2. My liquid locks can withstand a higher ouside temperature.

3. My liquid locks conduct can be easly kept at the inside temperature by using a single diamond tempshift plate.

Spoiler

There should be a couple pics of my base ;)

He

• Developer

We've figured out why the liquid locks are being broken and are investigating a fix now! :) Thanks for the screenshots and saves!

9 hours ago, Xyer said:

@Ipsquiggle Can you confirm that the Shearing Station also received the same treatment as the Grooming Station in this update to only work in a proper stable? I found my dreckos which are in a open ranch not getting sheared unlike before the update.

Yes, it is also true that the Shearing Station must be in a stable.

• Sad 1

On 11. 4. 2019 at 6:38 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

Yes, it is also true that the Shearing Station must be in a stable.

So instead of incentivizing us with stable bonuses, we are forced with hard requirements. So much for open air wild drecko shearing.

I hope, there will be mod to revert that.

• Like 1