Jump to content

Short stories for DST


Recommended Posts

pergamentrolen.jpg.71b5c119fea8dd45a1ee67e9531ce817.jpg

Watching others companies, I been thinking would be nice if Klei start publishing short tales about the world of DS & DST.

I'll explain more: 

Games like Overwatch, Endless Space 2 and Minion Masters has started to release small stories or comics in pdf format since a while, pleasing the communities and expanding the lore as result.

People enjoy read chronicles involving some minor characters, protagonists, antagonists and supporting characters in different adventures.

By example, a story explaining what happened with Wortox after the events of Possessions trailer. That sounds interesting, right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

I personally like the few comics and graphics they've released like the Cyclum Puzzles, the Winter's Feast mural, and the Valentine's Day one.

Yeah, when they do those out of nowhere, it's a nice surprise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Klei does have a growing collection of universes to explore, and though the hands-off approach is fun for allowing m y s t e r y, extra content is always welcome. They seem to be drawing back the curtain on certain things anyway.

Personally I'm partial to comics, which are typically more labour-intensive than written prose, but I'd happily read the prose stuff too.

Maybe, with DST specifically, they could incorporate short little tales/notes/diary entries/whatever into the drop system. Drops occasionally have little clues anyway, so maybe expanding that into a paragraph or two would make for an interesting drop for people who are in to this sort of thing. Which isn't everyone, but if they were uncommon enough, maybe that wouldn't be a problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Klei does have a growing collection of universes to explore, and though the hands-off approach is fun for allowing m y s t e r y, extra content is always welcome. They seem to be drawing back the curtain on certain things anyway.

Personally I'm partial to comics, which are typically more labour-intensive than written prose, but I'd happily read the prose stuff too.

 

2 hours ago, Canis said:

I mean, we're getting shorts for every revamped character this year, so that counts as something, yeh?

 

39 minutes ago, Unn0ticedShadow said:

Certainly, but how hard is it to make these “trailer” videos, even though lore is cool we most certainly want content over lore.  The character introductions are perfect for this, just have to wait for the third Metheus puzzle...

Yes, Klei is working in videos right now, but I suggested the pdf material as a thing for the future.

The world & lore of DST is full of opportunities for expansions, and would be good see more new horizons after the Characters's Updates.

3 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Maybe, with DST specifically, they could incorporate short little tales/notes/diary entries/whatever into the drop system. Drops occasionally have little clues anyway, so maybe expanding that into a paragraph or two would make for an interesting drop for people who are in to this sort of thing. Which isn't everyone, but if they were uncommon enough, maybe that wouldn't be a problem.

Personally I think it's better see those short stories complete and available to everyone, instead of being limited by something like Drops.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

Also (emphasis mine):

Quote

Responsibilities:

  • Write and implement in-game text in the tone and style of Don’t Starve Together
  • Pitch and script animated character shorts and gameplay trailers
  • Work with our team of talented designers to implement upcoming lore and marry new mechanics with established world narrative
  • Help write and maintain lore documentation for characters, worlds and events
  • Break story on new DLCs, story arcs and character backgrounds
  • Provide edits and feedback to fellow writers
  • Test all implemented strings to ensure function and quality within the game
  • Occasionally draft forum posts and marketing copy
  • Provide support to localization teams when required

Every single one of these sets my lore-loving heart a flutter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ModsterMash said:

Also (emphasis mine):

Every single one of these sets my lore-loving heart a flutter.

this is my dream job. but i'm in no status or skill level to be there writing for them :/

i must improve...

 

Anyways, what i would rlly love as another story would be a conflict arising between the survivors. May it be Maxwell and Wilson arguing over the next best course of action after the Gorge, or Wicker trying to restrain them, or Wig and Wolfgang arguing over petty things like their strength, or Wendy and Webber fighting over Abby's constant spiderslaying. Y'know, something that fleshes out their bonds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

this is my dream job. but i'm in no status or skill level to be there writing for them :/

i must improve...

 

Anyways, what i would rlly love as another story would be a conflict arising between the survivors. May it be Maxwell and Wilson arguing over the next best course of action after the Gorge, or Wicker trying to restrain them, or Wig and Wolfgang arguing over petty things like their strength, or Wendy and Webber fighting over Abby's constant spiderslaying. Y'know, something that fleshes out their bonds.

I'm imagining Wolfgang and the Werebeaver having an arm wrestle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

Or Wendy breaking down for the -nth time and finally breaking everyone's patience

Or Woodie breaking down for the (first?) time because he had the thought that Lucy isn't actually real and everyone is just going along with it because he's crazy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...