5 deaths and counting: How do you die? (spoilers)

About half of my deaths have been from Abigail...

She has popped up at the WORST time twice, and killed me.

The other times, I have angered mobs of things, trying to farm them using Abigail... but she tends to disagree with this most of the time, resulting in my slow, frustrating death.

The rest are generally when I'm silly and forget lighting supplies and end up in unlucky places when evening comes.

Um who dis abigail you speak of?

I usually die when thinking:

"My log suit was just destroyed, but I can hit them once or twice more without beeing hit myself, right?"

Turns out the answer is mostly "no".

This is what killed me about 6-7 times

well 2 times was for some research tho.

Are you talking about the pigmen? becqause at full moon or fed a steady diet of monster flesh turn into werepigs.

Was this what just killed me? Day had finally dawned and I was just getting ready to cook the rabbit I'd trapped overnight, and set out for the day, when a couple of hairballs with teeth attacked me. I thought I'd be safe in the day as long as I minded my own business and didn't poke any monsters with a stick. Guess I assumed too much. Oh, well. Only been playing a couple of hours. I'll learn. But I'd like to know how to defend myself against those things in the future.

but sorry if this was asked and i`m asking again but if you use a effigy and then repair it with the hammer then can t be used again ?

you can't repair it with the hammer, you can only get rid of it's leftovers. sometimes the graphics glitch out and show you a restored effigy, but thats a bug and it is not working.

Was this what just killed me? Day had finally dawned and I was just getting ready to cook the rabbit I'd trapped overnight, and set out for the day, when a couple of hairballs with teeth attacked me. I thought I'd be safe in the day as long as I minded my own business and didn't poke any monsters with a stick. Guess I assumed too much. Oh, well. Only been playing a couple of hours. I'll learn. But I'd like to know how to defend myself against those things in the future.
that propably were the new hounds, they came with the last update and spawn at randome, night or daytime, does not matter. the longer you play, the more and more frequent they will appear.

spider,spider,monster meat,tree man...and my fave Beefalo LOL, ofc this is when i have no idea what im doing...now i do >.<

How'd you get killed by Optimus pine? He's like the easiest creature to deal with thanks to the slooooow movement speed. Also, you can just set a bunch of trees on fire and lead him in.

How'd you get killed by Optimus pine? He's like the easiest creature to deal with thanks to the slooooow movement speed. Also, you can just set a bunch of trees on fire and lead him in.

pure skills LOL....well this was when i was new to the game haha, i was running from him forever not knowing what to do >.< o btw how do u burn spider nest? do u make fire near it? cuz i tried atking it with the torch and it does burn =p.....i have much to learn

I die repeatedly from my own recklessness. This last time I decided to steal a tallbird egg because I didn't see the parent around. I led him a merry chase around and around and out onto a land bridge, where he stopped following me just as night fell. I made a fire and sat out the night. Once I stoked the fire to max, and by the glow I saw the bird running, apparently ,away from me, but stuck on one of the jagged edges.

When morning came, I thought, "I just have to find out if I can kill him. I just have to." But he was gone. I continued to cross the bridge to a new island, and suddenly there he came again from behind.. Took me by surprise and killed me.

The time before that, I tried to see if I could catch some bees with my new bug net, but I didn't know the technique. It was bloody.

I loaded the game, gathered some berries, grass, sapplings and some wood. I see a bee's nest and immediately think of honey, but I did not know if honey existed in the game. So I hit the nest, bee's fly out, I get mobbed and die. Second go around, I learn my lesson with bee's, just not spiders. 4 spiders on 1, forgot I could move with my native WASD and boom, dead. Third go around, I make it til day 5, I am actually glad I have a little system in place and things are flowing well.

Move to a better spot, plenty grass, have a decent amount of flints and sapplings and my food is plenty. Damn hounds come, that was the end of that one. lol Fourth go around, I have food, berries, petals, grass, sapplings, flints, logs.. Man I feel I am on a roll. Problem is, my stomach is about to explode, so I eat. But I only have 1 berry and 1 meat. My health was barely in existence due to running into spiders again, now I have no food, no way to heal and its night time. I set a trap with what I had and just as I die, I catch a bird in my trap when the sun was coming up. So wrong. hah

My friend I had given my extra copy I had received on Steam to, decided to take on the spiders. Teach them whose boss if you will. Well they showed him that not only was he not the boss, but he was not even good enough for the mail room. Death by pushing his luck. We both got a lot more dying to do. =D

First time (16th day) was by a tree monster. tried getting more logs.

Second time (12th day) was my first encounter with the wolves. I was lucky enogh to have an amulet.

Third time (42th day) was perticuly annoying. had just finished moving my base closer to a beefalo island decided to get reeds for a

panflute got cornered by to tentacles.

Forth time (7th day) i don't really count this one. Just trieing willow

current (15th day) Had a close call with wolves at night but luckaly the beefalos & spiders wher kind enogh to help.

The first time I died I tried to make a camp fire near some trees,I was going "OH THE FIRE LOOKS NICE ON THOSE TREES,WAIT IS THAT ME ON FI- R.I.P. Wilson"

The second time I died by the hounds,I heard the sound but did not knew at that point what the sound was for..

The third time I died while fishing.I was very low on health thanks to the tentacles,and decided to get something fresh to eat.As I reeled in two fishes I felt all was going well,untill I tried to reel in the third one.It was not a fish,but a piece of grass.It landed in my face and it killed me.I died by grass T.T