5 deaths and counting: How do you die? (spoilers)

I decided to tweet my game. Or is it Twitter my game? Went to post a tweet and forgot to pause the game. I heard Wilson trumpeting about how dark it was and alt-tabbed back to the game to light my campfire. Picked up a log and couldn't find the fire in total darkness even though I WAS STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO IT! Heard the first growl. Made a torch, heart going a mile a minute. My hands and inventory were full and I couldn't use the torch. Frantically tried to drop stuff and equip the torch, but it was too late. CHOMP.

Do I get some kind of dumbass award?

https://twitter.com/LetsDontStarve

1st death:39th day with Wilson. Thought I could defeat Optimus Pine with a spear. I think I almost had him. He was near my camp and I was darting back and forth hitting him.

2nd death:11th day with fire girl (forgot her name.) Stole an egg and ran for the whole night starting fires with my feet. The tallbird wouldn't go away, and when it was almost daytime, I ran into a rock and the tallbird killed me in a couple of hits.

3rd death:12th day with Wendy. Walking through swamp without logsuit on dodging tentacles. One burst out of the ground in front of me and swung twice, killing me.

4th death: Yet to find out.

1st death - 6th day due to the hounds/dogs

2nd death - 10th day due to a tree

3rd death - to be determined. So far on day 37 and have a camp next to beefalo, the rabbit things XD, and a rock biome. Have bees, spiders, 4 gardens, practically everything except the pigs nearby :( Did kill 2 trees though with lighting campfires.

I've died three times. First time it was by a hounds, an actual legit death, and it was on my first day of playing so.. Next time was by a tentacle, I was really low on health and tried to drop a item. Yeah well I dropped it too close to the tentacle and I got one hitted. But I had a meat effigy. The third one was when I tried helping pigmen killing spiders and by an accident I attacked the pigmen. Yeah. You know what happend next.

I have faced many obstacles.

The 3 treemens I have fought ? Child's play

The zillion hounds that keeps coming at me ? Never even lost half my health.

The pigmen ? They end up like they should.... in bacon strips.

The spiders outswarming me and especially the nasty tentacles are what got me most of the time. I think it's safe to say that all my deaths are due to my logsuit breaking and me being overconfident.

I have only died one time so far, now i had a nice camp set up by a ton of rabbit holes. I managed to get a good stockpile of food(50 cooked morsels, 30 cooked carrots, 50 cooked berries, and some amount of monster meat from hounds), good enough that I was almost confident enough to go exploring an two islands away. Then because I had planted a small forest next to my fire I decided I should chop it down in the middle of the night to prepare for my trip. I got about halfway through when a tree came to life and started swinging at me. I tried to kite it and kill it but due to the fact that I didnt have log armor and that at the time I was terrible at fighting I died pretty fast. I survived something like 40 days I think. Now when ever a tree grows I jump.

Since others are including current games I might as well, so far I am at 29 days and i have killed 2 treeguards, but i am gearing up for a trek into the swamp and i dont like my chances, and im to scared to kill a beefalo for the meat. Maybe if im lucky another treeguard or two could spawn and give me the meat I need.

Edited by Quincy

heh First death was i kinda got the hang of it right off the bat and so no silly mistakes till i found the pigs, had alot of monster meat with me i gave it to two of them and noticed them changing and right then i knew my life was over. second time was OP tree D:then the little twin ghost... i just wanted a hug it wanted to murder me so now i have to restart QQ

My deaths?

1. Monster meat, i also thought it would be perfectly fine if I cooked it.

2. optimus pine, if i didn't know better, i'd think that the devs put this tree with a grudge in there just to see what people would do...

five honey, 2 log suits, and a spear later, and what did i get? MEAT and 3 logs... not... worth... it...

3. invisible bees, yep, they exist, wish i'd known.

4. Hellhounds

5. the gru/ night monster that one shots you, from not paying attention while looking at my inventory

that's it so far, but i have no doubt that i'll die more as updates are added

Underestimated bees in the new update.

The rest of the deaths have almost always been tentacles. I'll be walking somewhere, take my eyes of the screen for a second, and find out I walked by a tentacle and get killed. Those things will seriously kill you if you don't pay attention. Also my log armor was low. All around I just wasn't really paying attention.

I've died from getting mobbed by spiders (4 nests where close and i thought i could manage to kill 1 before dusk....nope), pigs (i just wanted some pig skin for the football helm... D:), boars? (the hairy pigs...5 came from forrest and murdered me..lol) and the dark (was oh so close to camp thinking "i don't need another torch!"...wrong!). We learn from our mistakes and survive (sometimes) longer than before. I am currently on day 48 with only 1 death (the pigs..) and saved from my effigy :).

Just died a few minutes ago! It was my First play through since I only got the game yesterday. Made it to Day 34 till I decided to snatch a Tallbird Egg, to make a Baby Bird... probably should have learnt when I tried it before only to die and resurrect from my Meat Effigy. Darn those Tallbirds! Easily catches up to you and do 50 Damage per hit! I will never take on Tallbirds again without an Amulet, Spear and Logsuit...

Hey I unlocked Willow at least! :p and 10XP away from Wendy!