5 deaths and counting: How do you die? (spoilers)

Monster meat does a little bit of damage when you eat it.

Edit: Yes cooked monster meat does do more damage.

Oh my.. :( I didn't even know this. I guess I won't be cooking it then?

I just died for the first time (after 20-some days).. I had 20 or 30 health.. I took a bite out of the meat and died. I was confused!

I think it'd be nice if we were told how we died. of course I saw how I died, but in this case I was confused and unsure of what exactly had killed me. :(

Oh well! A new world awaits me now

I started playing about a week ago, the first time I died on day 2 because I wandered too far away from my camp.

Second character got up to day 57, and the save vanished somehow. He did die at one point but got saved by an effigy, because I pissed off some beefalo just before dusk and there were spiders near my fire. Serves me right for laying spider eggs next to my fire in the pig village...

so I've just started over and currently on day 6.

first game died on day 5, i attacked a spider nest and got owned. second game now on day 9

- - - Updated - - -

first game died on day 5, i attacked a spider nest and got owned. second game now on day 9

- - - Updated - - -

My first few deaths were because I was experimenting.

1)Died to bees because of hitting the hive.

2)Buffalos for... trying to kill it with no wood armor

3)Spiders... first time I died to them because... well... they bum rush me.

Right now, Its pretty hard to die. Got 7 turbo farms going with a Crock Pot on the Pasture Island where Buffhalo and rabbits lives.

How do I die?

If there is a way to do, then that's how I die. I die from everything possible in this game.

Bees? Yep

Spiders? Of course

Werepigs? yeah

Big ent-like things? that was a bugger, but yes, first time I saw one it killed me

Tentacle? Yes

Tall bird thing with 1 huge eye? Shouldn't have taken so many eggs from so many nests at once I guess.

Big monster thing in the darkness? Yep, was wandering trying to find stone, lost track of time and night came and I was away from camp and had zero wood, it was all in a chest at camp. Could only make one torch, when that went, I died.

Honestly, if there is something that kills you in this game, it either has killed me, or it will once I come across one.

My best "score" so far has been day 19, and was killed by werepigs.

While I am here, can I ask, is there anything you can do about werepigs? I thought it was great I had 5 followers killing everything for me, and it was a nice way to get rid of the monster meat I had found, they seemed to love it. Then full moon they turned (I didn't know they turn into werewolves) and chased me around camp until they killed me. Not fair at all. Once you have them following you, how can you stop them?

First death: Spiders

Second death: Spiders

Third death: Spiders

Fourth death: Spiders

Fifth (and youngest) death: Tentacle

I was so happy to not die at spiders for once.

I basically only die from spiders because i overdo it. I am always like "Meh, just spiders, they can't kilAAOH GOD STOP STUNLOCKING ME!"

I should really get the logsuit already.

Well, so far I have died by almost every possible death. -.- I died just a few minutes ago on day 25 (that was my record ffs) when I tamed little pigy and it changed to the werepig at my campfire. Moment of pure pain, when I realized a have no torch nor stuff to make it - no possibility of running. However treeguy and tentacle are the mates I fear the most. Death Counter would be amazing by the way.

First time when i played i got killed by 2 dogs day 10 :D , and now im playing for the second time im in the day 10 and i killed 2 dogs XD

- - - Updated - - -

First time when i played i got killed by 2 dogs day 10 :D , and now im playing for the second time im in the day 10 and i killed 2 dogs XD

Nearly everything that can kill me has killed me at some point. I've encountered two treeguards so far, but I was able to placate both by planting new trees near them, and I've had some close calls with hounds and werepigs, but they haven't managed to kill me (yet).

I'm currently on day 83, the longest I've ever lived so far. I have so many defenses set up (4 meat effigies, 12 amulets, loads of supplies) that it would take either a really stupid mistake or my base being completely overrun by fire hounds for me to die at this point.

I have only died some three times now. First time I saw a spider nest i knew to wait a bit... five minutes later...X.X... Another one was to those tentacles when i had my armor and stuff thinking "they can't hit that hard"... I was sadly mistaken. The latest one was to the spiders again... it is not a good idea to build next to the nest... they still come out if there is a fire near them. I wish to have met some of the mobs in the lists of deaths above like the beefalo or the treekin, werepigs and other monsters but I'm doing great for my 35th day in the demon world with pretty much all o could need for another 100 days.

About half of my deaths have been from Abigail...

She has popped up at the WORST time twice, and killed me.

The other times, I have angered mobs of things, trying to farm them using Abigail... but she tends to disagree with this most of the time, resulting in my slow, frustrating death.

The rest are generally when I'm silly and forget lighting supplies and end up in unlucky places when evening comes.

4 times, all because of a black and brown pig like creature, idk what it is and it's pretty annoying to get situated and killed at your base camp by this creature, it seems invincible and powerful. anyone else having this issue?

Are you talking about the pigmen? becqause at full moon or fed a steady diet of monster flesh turn into werepigs.