What is the new way to push\move morbs through doors?

1 hour ago, Soulwind said:

I haven't tried yet, but I believe they will still fall through vertical doors just not horizontal ones.

Nope. Unfortunately critters now walk on top of open doors just like dupes do. As. @goatt showed, the trick now is to close a door (pneumatic work best) on the critter while it's over another pneumatic door (open or closed, doesn't matter). Falling things fall through doors and closing a door on a critter forces them to start falling. 

I'll bet they'll fix this, which is sad for me and my hatch pez dispenser... 

9 hours ago, beowulf2010 said:

Nope. Unfortunately critters now walk on top of open doors just like dupes do. As. @goatt showed, the trick now is to close a door (pneumatic work best) on the critter while it's over another pneumatic door (open or closed, doesn't matter). Falling things fall through doors and closing a door on a critter forces them to start falling. 

I'll bet they'll fix this, which is sad for me and my hatch pez dispenser... 

I love that pez dispenser. It getting broken is a big reason why I'm taking a break from the game right now. I hope they add something like mini pneumatic tubes for critters.

1 hour ago, nonoxyl said:

Can someone explain why this is a thing? I have always just left the outhouse in an enclosed area and all the morbs I could want will spawn. 

Others want more Morbs than you ;)

Seriously though, with your set-up you only get new Morbs after you load the game. The door-constructions give you new ones all the time, for example if you leave the game running overnight.

The problem is that my goal is to push it DOWN and this build pushes them UP. I still don't understand why Morbs won't fall through open doors and why this have been changed. Dreckos could pass open doors just like other creatures but morbs always "levitate"

8 hours ago, Technoincubus said:

The problem is that my goal is to push it DOWN and this build pushes them UP. I still don't understand why Morbs won't fall through open doors and why this have been changed. Dreckos could pass open doors just like other creatures but morbs always "levitate"

So change your goal?

Want you want is unachievable. Adapt.

I find it silly that they removed a working way of transporting critters. I find farming critters too difficult/annoying as it is even without such restrictions. It quickly turns into micromanagement and automation is all about getting your base up and running without micromanagement.

It should be possible to make a mod, which makes critters fall through open horizontal doors. The problem is that I don't know where to look for it and just looking around in the code at random could take a while to put it mildly.

On 5/24/2019 at 11:01 AM, Nightinggale said:

I find it silly that they removed a working way of transporting critters. I find farming critters too difficult/annoying as it is even without such restrictions. It quickly turns into micromanagement and automation is all about getting your base up and running without micromanagement.

It should be possible to make a mod, which makes critters fall through open horizontal doors. The problem is that I don't know where to look for it and just looking around in the code at random could take a while to put it mildly.

I mean, you can still automatically transport them, it's just up instead of down.

ezgif.com-optimize.gif.36ad6a34284f3da1af6b82fed1f94a20.gif

Edit: Morbs, dreckos, slickters, and hatches go up.  Shove voles fall.  Pufts and shine bugs get stuck so a lure is probably easier.  You can replace the weight plate with a critter sensor for dreckos and shove voles since they sit on the walls.  Automations is just a Not gate to the left.

Spoiler

5cf6e26429982_CritterTransporter.thumb.png.8201057858d89145ee022329831530b8.png

28 minutes ago, DemainaNyx said:

I mean, you can still automatically transport them, it's just up instead of down.

I came up with the same design after I wrote what you replied to and I also jammed it. Try to add 40 morbs. You will then quickly have some on the weight plate at all time and the system deadlocks. What you should do is to add a filter gate to open the left door with a delay. That way the door won't open until the critter is moved up and it's a whole better protected from deadlocks if more than one enters at the same time.

Ok, adding 40 morbs is not that realistic in survival, but just the basic concept of protecting the system from critters freeing each other would be a nice addition. In theory two hatches at the same time could be enough to deadlock the system.

Another addition could be to occasionally close the right door even with weight on the sensor and then open again when enough time has passed. That way it can send critters away even if there are so many that at least one is on the weight sensor at all time.

12 minutes ago, Nightinggale said:

I came up with the same design after I wrote what you replied to and I also jammed it. Try to add 40 morbs. You will then quickly have some on the weight plate at all time and the system deadlocks. What you should do is to add a filter gate to open the left door with a delay. That way the door won't open until the critter is moved up and it's a whole better protected from deadlocks if more than one enters at the same time.

Ok, adding 40 morbs is not that realistic in survival, but just the basic concept of protecting the system from critters freeing each other would be a nice addition. In theory two hatches at the same time could be enough to deadlock the system.

Another addition could be to occasionally close the right door even with weight on the sensor and then open again when enough time has passed. That way it can send critters away even if there are so many that at least one is on the weight sensor at all time.

Didn't test with that many critters, but yeah, sometimes multiple critters can jam it.  With this some critters walk back and forth every now and then, but it will eventually push them up.  Top filter is 2 seconds, bottom filter is 5 seconds.

5cf6eb093689e_Crittertransporter2.thumb.png.7e5394afde867e759738fb6c23cc9003.png

Archived