Regolith passing through barriers?

Hello,

I just noticed recently that I have regoltih tiles forming under my steel barrier. Hows that even possible?

It's making the task of cooling the Gravitas Station hell... from time to time new regolith blocks pop up inside the station... it's everywhere under the barrier tbh.

Is it a bug? Is there something I can do to prevent that from happening?

regolith bug.png

25 minutes ago, Junksteel said:

How to feed a Vole like that? I mean, just put the vole and debris in the same room? What about the poop?

I assume you also stick an auto-miner in the room. That way they eat the regolith, poop it out as a block, it gets mined and reduced by 50%, repeat.

23 minutes ago, Junksteel said:

How to feed a Vole like that? I mean, just put the vole and debris in the same room? What about the poop?

You can just put the regolith in the same room as the voles and they will get though it eventually each vole destroys about 2.4 tons a cycle. For the poop just stick in an auto miner. Simple way would be put 10 to 20 storage compactors in a room with voles in it and fill the compactors with regolith. then untick the storage compactors so they drop all the regolith on the ground.

3 hours ago, M.C. said:

What's a "vertically placed tile"?

A vertical wall of tiles. An asteroid can hit it from the side and it causes regolith to spawn on both sides. Probably the same can happen if you place your tiles diagonally. Horizontally placed tiles (regular floors) always block regolith at least since the rocketry upgrade.

6 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Horizontally placed tiles (regular floors) always block regolith at least since the rocketry upgrade.

They don't, unfortunately. I had quite a pile of regolith accumulate under two lines of bunker tiles at the edge of the map. Curiously enough, there was no accumulation of regolith anywhere else, so either bunker tiles allow regolith to fall through somehow, or meteors can spawn outside the map.

Or both.

7 hours ago, M.C. said:

or meteors can spawn outside the map.

The top of the map loops so meteors that spawned at the left edge can end up on the right side. Did you have a full bunker tile wall for the entire surface or was it from the edge of the map to somewhere in the middle?

Maybe there is some sort of weirdness at the very edge but normal waloffs don`t regolith pass as you mentioned.

I've noticed this myself.  Regolith tiles forming in places where meteors cannot possibly reach, even diagonally.  Also no loose voles in the base.  It seems to happen in places where I have my bunker tiles near the limit of the map, after regolith piles high enough to get deleted off screen.  Also seems like it happens upon loading the game.  My theory is that it's the game trying to combine piles of regolith, as it seemed to start happening when they made the changes to material piles combining.

5 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

The top of the map loops so meteors that spawned at the left edge can end up on the right side. Did you have a full bunker tile wall for the entire surface or was it from the edge of the map to somewhere in the middle?

Maybe there is some sort of weirdness at the very edge but normal waloffs don`t regolith pass as you mentioned.

I do have a full bunker door wall for the entire map. I am not sure whether it happens in the middle because I have a row of doors eating regolith falling from above. My scanners built on top of the doors become buried sometimes, but that might just be the Schrodinger's Bunker Door bug.

Archived