Its funny but sad...

12 minutes ago, dissentist said:

"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all opinions are created equal, except those that disagree with the hivemind, those opinions are obviously toxic and unwelcome." is this place in a nutshell this weekend.

so that quote doesn't work, i'm not even sure that is a quote unless you just quoting yourself, and then thats just your opinion

8 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

That's correct except that the hivemind is "Klei did bad. We want Warbucks. Klei surrended to SJW" while we and JoeW are trying to explain to yall that they had good reasons and the right to do that.

The worst thing that Klei could do right now is give up to the "warbucks lovers" and add him back. Klei you need to sometimes show your fanbase that you're the developer and your word is final.

The "hivemind" of this thread at least is that criticisms of this decision are just because those people are "crybabies", that word is a literal quote from one of the first couple comments in the thread.  KLEI can do whatever they want and so can everyone else as long as we're not calling eachother things like "crybabies" and like the other early comment, telling people that they're not allowed to have an opinion aka leave a review if they haven't played the game over a certain amount.  I was simply in here pointing some of that out because a couple of the comments in here seemed pretty directed at specific people/posts, which is against the guidelines placed by JoeW himself in the etiquette post on the forum.

Personally it doesn't bother me, I've been "talking" or "complaining" or "opining" on the "internet" since it was the USENET and BBSes in the 1980's and most people here, even many of the devs, weren't even born yet.  Some of these people just need to learn that not every opinion is unacceptable just because they don't agree with it.

KLEI absolutely has the right and the final say in all of these matters, and their users here and on the internet have every right to agree, or trash them all over reviews and the internet if they do or don't agree.

Sometimes Devs need to put their foot down, and other times Devs need to suck it up and admit they were wrong, I expect we'll hear much more on this tomorrow after they have their meetings about it.

See how civil we're being even though we basically fundamentally disagree?  If only it could always be this way.

11 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

so that quote doesn't work, i'm not even sure that is a quote unless you just quoting yourself, and then thats just your opinion

That is the beginning of the US Declaration of Independence slightly modified to fit the circumstances here, it's not a quote, it's just like, my opinion, man.  Don't take any of this personally, we're just having a fun discussion.

Hey guys can we just try to keep things clean? I didn't want to start a fight over something so silly.

Just for the record i never said it was review bombing. Just that the people who are giving bad reviews tend to have very little play time.

<3

ya know, this whole situation is very much alike something that happened recently with Metro: Exodus, when it was removed from Steam, and people were blaming the devs for disrespect and started to give all Metro franchise games bad reviews and rates. the whole thing is not about quality of game/character/etc., it’s about human psychology and the feeling of the big nice full collection. warbucks was part of the crew, and it doesn’t matter, how imbalanced his perks were or how EVIL! his quotes are, he was there, and now devs took it away, leaving the emptiness not in the character selection screen, but in fanbase heart.

+this was first character removal in the game for so long, of course it was frustrating for somebody.

Spoiler

I, personally, am not really against the idea of removing W., but please, for the love of God, CHANGE THE WORMWOODS FONT IT’S SO DISGUSTING.

10 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

The fact that matters is Warbucks just wasn't interesting to play as from a game perspective and resources were better spent making something more unique and useful for not only Hamlet but Don't Starve as a whole, across all DLC.

I would agree with you except that I see no problem with having DLC-centric characters and the fact that Joe himself said they’d bring the perks back but not the character, indicating there’s something wrong with the character and not the gameplay.

51 minutes ago, Izuku_Midoriya said:

I would agree with you except that I see no problem with having DLC-centric characters and the fact that Joe himself said they’d bring the perks back but not the character, indicating there’s something wrong with the character and not the gameplay.

What are you trying to achieve? Seriously this is like the 10th time I see someone saying that Klei removed Warbucks cuz of his personality and not gameplay.

Do you want Klei to said "Yes we removed Warbucks cuz he was a bland character that could separate our community"? And if they do what're you going to gain from that? 

Warbucks is gone and not returning. Just let it go 

12 hours ago, Marquillotuca89 said:

Everytime I read something about Warbucks was negative or neutral.Of course there where positive opinions, but most of them always question his gameplay design.  I don't get why he's so beloved know. This remind me a lot of kids behavior: if they have a ball, they will ignore it, but once you try to take it away, she/he will fight for it and even cry because you want to take it. 

That’s because it’s less about Warbucks himself than people getting all worked up about “SJWs” that are a figment if their own imaginations. 

6 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

That’s because it’s less about Warbucks himself than people getting all worked up about “SJWs” that are a figment if their own imaginations. 

I only ever heard about all that stuff after he was removed. as far as i know it was only ever one person and maybe a few people who agreed with them...

If that has anything to do with his removal than it feels like it was just the nail in the coffin.

2 hours ago, Szczuku said:

What are you trying to achieve? Seriously this is like the 10th time I see someone saying that Klei removed Warbucks cuz of his personality and not gameplay.

well JoeW said in goliath of an update thread that, the character just carries to much baggage now, so the character wouldn't be returning. an that it was a very unfortunate situation

Honestly the "baggage" bit is the weirdest most upsetting thing in the whole mess. The so-called baggage is the just the response to his removal. People disagreeing with a decision you made isn't "baggage", and it's hardly a reason to not change your mind.

"Wow, we upset a lot of people, but we can't undo what upset them cause that might draw more attention."

Say your word is final, say you don't care about people's opinions it's your work. Don't act like people expressing their opinion is in and of itself a reason not to listen.

27 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

well JoeW said in goliath of an update thread that, the character just carries to much baggage now, so the character wouldn't be returning. an that it was a very unfortunate situation

He also said and i quote "The simple fact is, we could do better. So we did. If we were trying to sweep him under the rug, we would have removed him entirely. We didn't. I'm sorry that some of you disagree with that decision, but we aren't going to invest more time into it, we put that time into a new character instead"

He also said "It's cool for us to talk about this. But let's keep it civil. We're not up to anything weird. Simply when we were in a room talking about how to 'fix' Warbucks, we simply decided our time was better spent on something new. It's that simple."

16 minutes ago, AnarchCassius said:

Honestly the "baggage" bit is the weirdest most upsetting thing in the whole mess. The so-called baggage is the just the response to his removal. People disagreeing with a decision you made isn't "baggage", and it's hardly a reason to not change your mind.

"Wow, we upset a lot of people, but we can't undo what upset them cause that might draw more attention."

Say your word is final, say you don't care about people's opinions it's your work. Don't act like people expressing their opinion is in and of itself a reason not to listen.

The baggage is this entire controversy, and these threads lately have proved Joe's point. Anytime anyone looks at Warbucks now, he is only going to be associated with this whole situation rather than his character and in-game implications. The character's image is ruined at this point and that's the issue with re-adding him.

Even if they revised his backstory and dialogue, even if they made him more interesting, this whole thing is still going to be there in the back of people's minds.

3 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

The baggage is this entire controversy, and these threads lately have proved Joe's point. Anytime anyone looks at Warbucks now, he is only going to be associated with this whole situation rather than his character and in-game implications. The character's image is ruined at this point and that's the issue with re-adding him.

Even if they revised his backstory and dialogue, even if they made him more interesting, this whole thing is still going to be there in the back of people's minds.

Well, by that logic, they should scrap the entire DLC.

Archived