• warbucks is gone
    • warbucks is gone
    • warbucks is gone
    • warbucks is gone
    • warbucks is gone
    • warbucks is gone
    • warbucks is gone
    • warbucks is gone

What are you even doing KLEI?  Is your decisions department just a box of cats?  Warbucks' look fits better than just about anything you've ever done, many of us quite liked him for that AND his gameplay, you not being "inspired" is not a good reason to rip away a character that many of us quite enjoy.

Also let me help your stunted imagination- Wormwood.  Guys, he's a damn plant man.  Guys, WX is a robot that gets damaged when it's raining, how impossibly simple of an idea and how perfectly would it fit if Wormwood the PLANT MAN healed when it rained?  The fact that you worked on this guy obviously for quite some time and that never dawned on you makes me seriously consider that you guys have little to NO idea what you're doing.

If you want to remove someone for a rework, remove WX, he is absolutely 10x more powerful than literally any other character, and I'm tired of every youtuber always paying him becaue of it.  I know, absolutely insane right?  Well welcome to how bad of an idea it was to just rip out Warbucks.  I was literally buying this game for multiple people during this Steam sale weekend, but this has stopped me entirely.

Bad poll, the choices are incredibly biased toward the topic creator opinion on the matter. With basically 3 options being "yes I want him back" in three different forms. While the opposite choice is written in a generalizing and demeaning manner.

On 2/9/2019 at 2:19 AM, Atsumame said:

Bad poll, the choices are incredibly biased toward the topic creator opinion on the matter. With basically 3 options being "yes I want him back" in three different forms. While the opposite choice is written in a generalizing and demeaning manner.

warbucks is gone

1 minute ago, SuperDavid said:

Well, the thing is if you don't want a character, but they're in the game you're not forced to play as them.

You can simply hate the character and pick somebody else, but if you are actively hating on Warbucks and are going all out of your way to prevent him from being added back into game then I dare you are being extremely insensitive to the feelings of all the people who want to play as Warbucks as we are the only ones being hurt by this whole removal of Warbucks.

So, not wanting Warbucks back essentially means you're purposefully trampling on other people's appreciation and love for the character which I dare say I find rather shocking.

You are assuming that I do not want him to be back into the roster. I don't care if he does or doesn't end up being back, but I am still gonna point out a bad poll if I see one.

On 2/9/2019 at 2:29 AM, Atsumame said:

You are assuming that I do not want him to be back into the roster. I don't care if he does or doesn't end up being back, but I am still gonna point out a bad poll if I see one.

warbucks is gone

7 hours ago, metallichydra said:

people could learn history by playing this game!

nope

I remember learning a lot from Age Of Empires back when it was first a thing.
Games indeed have the power.

Original Warbucks' dialog was clearly well thought out and researched.
Well-written characters are always a narrative plus, regardless of whether or not their decisions and preferences match that of the player.
Let's get a good character back into a good game.

3 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Are you sure about that?

East India Company? any ring a ding dings?

Not everyone who works for a company that does bad things is bad themselves.

Besides if you REALLY wanna go there? If goddamn DISNEY has characters in their movies that work for the EIC there is absolutely no reason Warbucks can't stay on the roster.

This whole Warbucks controversy thing is stupid. He's not my favorite character by a long shot but I don't agree with his removal. Arguing about the morals of fictional characters reminds me far too much of Tumblr's population of spoiled 14 year old white girls who grew up in the suburbs and have to be offended on everyone's behalf and call for the removal of eveything "problematic" because they think that will magically make the world better or some delusional bull like that when really all it does is suck the personality out of everything. It's so #FirstWorldProblems it's painful. Let characters have flaws damn you. It's less boring that way.

4 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Are you sure about that?

East India Company? any ring a ding dings?

If you didn’t already know what the East India Company was before playing Hamlet, you’d learn from the line warbucks gives. Then you’d go look it up and think “oh, yeah that was pretty awful.”

Most people know about the British Raj and the age of imperialism. I don’t understand why having a morally wrong character in this game is offensive when we have a pyromaniac, a little girl who jokes about sacrificing her best friend, and a magician who casually mentions slitting throats.

His character was unique and fit the setting well before his lines got gutted because people were offended. It would have been better to just tweak his lines to make him a bit more grey (glorifying colonialism but still admitting in some cases that he was probably wrong). What if when interacting with the pig queen he has a dilemma? “The savages have a Victoria too?” 

Archived