Hopes for Update Mini-trailers

I had a thought while working today: Now would be an excellent time to bring back the short content update trailers that Don't Starve used to have for its original run, but now for the character changes (And possibly backstories). A chance to reuse old music tracks like D.R. Style and all that could even happen. I could imagine small trailers similar to the likes of Strange New Powers and All's Well that Maxwell, but themed for each character rebalance as the months go by, and perhaps including previews for the additional content also coming. Even silly pun names for each update dependant on the main feature.

One thing I would be ecstatic to see are some animated shorts focusing on a specific character, much like ONI's update shorts. I loved getting to see the characters animated in the various trailers for updates and events, and since we get to look forward to character specific updates I think this would be very fitting. While I would still be just as excited to see a series of short comics like the Cyclum puzzle for the updated characters, animated shorts would have all sorts of possibilities for portraying a character's lore and personality.

That'd be really sweet of Klei.

I gotta say: D.R. Style or Creepy Forest should make a return.

Singleplayer shorts were nice but I think devs will most likely make trailers like for new reign- a single video showing bunch of new content from several updates.

Of course I wouldn't mind a video for every major update.

Also...

Will we get posters for every major update like with NR?

22 hours ago, Szczuku said:

That'd be really sweet of Klei.

I gotta say: D.R. Style or Creepy Forest should make a return.

Singleplayer shorts were nice but I think devs will most likely make trailers like for new reign- a single video showing bunch of new content from several updates.

Of course I wouldn't mind a video for every major update.

Also...

Will we get posters for every major update like with NR?

Ooh, yeah. I really miss that.

I'll put a vote in for comics as well. Animated shorts are HARD, or at least very time consuming, and the team has a lot on their plate already. The game itself comes first, after all. Perhaps with comics or posters, you could have a Cyculum thing where comics have clues to unlock one nicer animation.

Doing backstories with single-page comics, a la Darkest Dungeon, should ideally satisfy people's art itch without overworking the staff or being otherwise too costly.

6 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

I'll put a vote in for comics as well. Animated shorts are HARD, or at least very time consuming, and the team has a lot on their plate already. The game itself comes first, after all. Perhaps with comics or posters, you could have a Cyculum thing where comics have clues to unlock one nicer animation.

Doing backstories with single-page comics, a la Darkest Dungeon, should ideally satisfy people's art itch without overworking the staff or being otherwise too costly.

True.

Videos about the new updates are always nice, but requires a lot of time & work (and Klei is using that for the creation on new content right now), to produce that.

I'm agree with the idea of mini comics, becuase they could be made with specific and special details (mentioning some parts of lore).

On ‎2019‎-‎02‎-‎11 at 6:51 AM, __IvoCZE__ said:

I say that the animation team should work on a huge one-time animation like ANR full trailer...

Obviously after everything in game will be done + a 2-6 week hiatus to ''get creative''

There'd be no point of "getting creative" after they finish adding new content...

I say that we should at least get a small cinematic or comic for character's lore

Archived