Non Bursting Pipes?

15 minutes ago, beowulf2010 said:

Pretty sure it's 10% maximum packet size so 1kg for liquid and 100g for gas. 

But this isn't something I've used so if I'm wrong someone will correct me. :D

yes it is 10%, I tried and successfully transported my LOX through regular granite pipe to my rockets.

1 hour ago, cpy said:

Why 10% though?

Hypolaminar Pauli-atomic phase locking relies on turbulent micropacketing of the subject material. That is *clearly* impossible to induce with a supradecimal flow rate.

(Because game implementation, possibly bugs, possibly performance limitations.)

If you prevent the pipe from blocking, ceramic will be a good solution. Never had any issues with freezing in ceramic insulated pipes.

In endgame you can use insulation-material made from space materials. They will also break, but only if you manage to get gas/liquid into it at the verge of freezing (0.001°C above freezing point for example). That may cause to break the pipe, because the game may cool down the gas/liquid even in the first pipe segment a bit down.

Once I realized that phase changes cause the problem, I've never had a problem using regular old insulated igneous or sandstone to be honest.  Just make sure that Any area that could contribute to a phase change is insulted and you should be good, and remember that the metal refinery heats the liquid to variable temperatures based on what you are refining, so if your temps are safe for refined iron, they might not be safe for steel.

After they nerfed Abyssalite, I started using this arrangement anywhere liquid temp was an issue.  The filter gate is set to 200s but it doesn't really matter much and can be reduced if you want less liquid in the reservoir.  It's tied to a valve near the liquid source.  When the reservoir is empty, it will open the valve until more liquid is detected and the filter timer has elapsed.

20190114122121_1.thumb.jpg.bf29be9cf0647e399fb8acb02f5ad1a7.jpg

Archived