Howcome there is no flying modded characters?

I really like the idea of flight in don't starve, as a mechanic. The idea that, a character, with X or Y item, can fly up above mobs, walls, and maybe even the abyss, for a few seconds travelling faster than walking, at the cost of an especially high hunger drain while in flight, and having to drop down after those few seconds are up. 

I've taken note that while rudimentarily, characters can avoid collision with walls and avoid mobs by upping their Y value a few notches. So, Why is there no modded characters that have the ability to be airborne? Theres a handful of characters that are humanoid birds, and yet none of them actually fly. Anybody have a good explanation for this type of thing? Or even maybe, a mod suggestion?

1 minute ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

It needs a ton of animations and symbols that propably aren't actually created.

plus the famous Y black screen border

you can jump, right? I'm sure something can exist. Even if you're not actually rising in terms of y, i'd think that just holding the highest frame in the jumping animation + some sorta wings or something on a character would be enough for something... 

21 minutes ago, lbphero said:

highest frame in the jumping animation + some sorta wings or something on a character would be enough for something... 

2 hours ago, lbphero said:

can fly up above mobs, walls, and maybe even the abyss

The highest frame is still too low, and you still have to create the wing symbol and plus you can ( because it wont be ) implement the wings into all animations

also there is only walking animations.

Actually, I don't think it'd be too much of a problem. There's that one steam guide on making sky bases, so getting higher than the ground is already pretty possible. The animations are another thing though: that'd require some major modding mumbo jumbo. Still, I can imagine a little guy just flapping ever so slowly across a wall. 

Oh, and there would probably have to be a limit to how long you can fly so you don't just go soaring into the ocean void. And maybe a "washing up" mechanic to help those who try. Overall, it'd be a pretty large amount of effort, but maybe somebody out there would be willing to give it a shot.

1 hour ago, Neutral_Steve said:

It would require a lot of animation, the most closest thing it can be done is a character with no legs.

How about we don't even have a character? This is would be a great mod, just a shadow cast from character in a sky

In the up and away mod you can get tossed into the sky by tornadoes, so may be something like that could work. However, when this happens, it looks... less than satisfactory, and while that may work for a quick wormhole-esc transport function, spending a lot of time in the air would get old quickly when everything below you turns into a void.

On 1/5/2019 at 11:21 PM, lbphero said:

I really like the idea of flight in don't starve, as a mechanic. The idea that, a character, with X or Y item, can fly up above mobs, walls, and maybe even the abyss, for a few seconds travelling faster than walking, at the cost of an especially high hunger drain while in flight, and having to drop down after those few seconds are up. 

I've taken note that while rudimentarily, characters can avoid collision with walls and avoid mobs by upping their Y value a few notches. So, Why is there no modded characters that have the ability to be airborne? Theres a handful of characters that are humanoid birds, and yet none of them actually fly. Anybody have a good explanation for this type of thing? Or even maybe, a mod suggestion?

On 1/6/2019 at 3:00 PM, Zeklo said:

There certainly are some, like this.

Well, Exactly what Zeklo posted, It may be an anime character but looking at that gif shows there's animations, actual legit polished looking flying which looks really well done.

Archived