Whats the first thing your going to do in the winter update?

Erm, prepare the best i can, gather massive ammounts of seeds and berries and put them on the freezer and hope they don't rot that quickly, get some crockpots done and some basic farm plots, then try to find some beefalo, steal their feces then kill the adults and most children until i only leave 2 alone without parents. Try to find the koalaphant as quickly as i can, get some silk, and i'll also avoid eating that much before winter.30 days is quite balanced to get ready, gives you time, but at day 25 you'll be uncomfortable and will start panicking around for finding food.Then after the second season of winter comes i'll be better prepared.Also, i'm sure the deerclops is more of a random-event that comes to you, not you hunting it.

How many of you would be so gung-ho about a new update designed to kill you in even more ways if you hadn't figured out how to back up your save games?Be honest now.

Don't know how to do that, never bothered to look. No reason too. The only thing I've done is install a mod to make the game more difficult. Silvers horrific scarcity mod.

4) Get me as many Bee Boxes as I can; even if Kevin nerfs honey, it'll still come in handy for Taffy and the fact that it takes about 7 years to spoil.

Dude, look, this is the reason of why i think this is a bad idea. Honey, it is not only bee puke, you know, its food for the winter, thats why every beehive has honey, they preserve food for the winter, from the time you harvest the bee box they are going to be supah pissed off and won't stop following you, you will eventually die OR kill them all , they won't respawn for 3 or 4 days, so its a waste of resources, i suggest doing that BEFORE winter, also thats exactly what im doing right now Edited by gpmandaXD

I will defend winter difficulty in all of them.

So will I. There needs to be at least one mechanic in the game that generates a sense of trepidation and urgency. When I've seen people jump through the same wormhole multiple times, just because they want to farm nightmare fuel, I don't think the current implementation of insanity is providing enough of a challenge.