Oh wow I didn't know gaysers could be this close to the pod. How can I make use of this?

No need for insulation, if you ask me. Just expand your base to the right side. Research towards nat gas generators (maybe also gas reservoirs) and all the required infrastructure (pumps, filters, etc).

Once you have finished researching, you basically have a free powersource and additional polluted water. Dealing with the CO2 might be a nuisance early on, but since you have free power, you can just use a skimmer.

Some automation would also be good to not waste your natural gas when your batteries are fully charged. For that you will need refined metals. As you can see, most of your research path is already predetermined now.;)

If you find a wheezewort you can make one of those wheezewort pumps to store the gas.

Build walls on either side of the wheezewort and leave the above and below tiles empty.,,, Pump gas below the wheezewort... Make a box above the wheezewhort and the gas will be pumped into it by the wheezewort and go above the maximum 20kg gas pressure you would normally get from high pressure vents.

And obviously put a pump inside the storage room so you can use it later. Otherwise when you deconstruct it the gas will explode all over your base lol.

7 hours ago, ONIfreak said:

Or you can use water/gas vent exploit to store a lot of gas. I usually build small rooms (3×4) with corner lock and this exploit to store all sort of gases - vent next to floor tile pump above to use it later on if i need it 

8 hours ago, ChickenMadness said:

If you find a wheezewort you can make one of those wheezewort pumps to store the gas.

Build walls on either side of the wheezewort and leave the above and below tiles empty.,,, Pump gas below the wheezewort... Make a box above the wheezewhort and the gas will be pumped into it by the wheezewort and go above the maximum 20kg gas pressure you would normally get from high pressure vents.

And obviously put a pump inside the storage room so you can use it later. Otherwise when you deconstruct it the gas will explode all over your base lol.

Or use a bit of automation and make a door pump.  Lots of ways to safely store gases. lol

1 hour ago, DaveSatx said:

Or use a bit of automation and make a door pump.  Lots of ways to safely store gases. lol

I don't mind door pumps and they certainly have their uses, but there are easier ways of doing infinite gas and liquid storage. Chicken's wheezewort pump and vent overpressure tricks are both significantly easier and "cheaper". 

2 hours ago, beowulf2010 said:

I don't mind door pumps and they certainly have their uses, but there are easier ways of doing infinite gas and liquid storage. Chicken's wheezewort pump and vent overpressure tricks are both significantly easier and "cheaper". 

vent overpressure is the safest one, with wheezie pump there is risk of decompress upon loading game.

23 minutes ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

It is utterly pointless not to do it. He will not have ceramic or abyssalite. So he will need igneous rock. And then you will need double tiles.

Even better is to build 1 tile vacuum insulation -this way you can use any material and it will insulate everything. It is time consuming though.

12 minutes ago, ONIfreak said:

Even better is to build 1 tile vacuum insulation -this way you can use any material and it will insulate everything. It is time consuming though.

He can switch to that later in his game. Given how early he of she is in his or her game, that amount of time is probably not affordable. Since natural geyser do spawn in gas at 150°C, I do feel it's imperative to insulate it.

41 minutes ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

He can switch to that later in his game. Given how early he of she is in his or her game, that amount of time is probably not affordable. Since natural geyser do spawn in gas at 150°C, I do feel it's imperative to insulate it.

Yes, however i tend to start vacuum as soon in game as possible. It takes soo much human time not game time as you have to do it tile by tile ( i know you can use pump but i prefer to do it other way). I managed to surround my entire dup base by vacuum tile which makes heat management so easy that i don't even have to bother about this. And now i just attach biome by biome and make it habitatable so will not need to use atmo suits anymore. 

25 minutes ago, ONIfreak said:

Yes, however i tend to start vacuum as soon in game as possible. It takes soo much human time not game time as you have to do it tile by tile ( i know you can use pump but i prefer to do it other way). I managed to surround my entire dup base by vacuum tile which makes heat management so easy that i don't even have to bother about this. And now i just attach biome by biome and make it habitatable so will not need to use atmo suits anymore. 

Well, that's down to preference. Full vacuum is 100% the best option, but either through tiling or pumping it takes as you say a very long while, something I just can't be bothered with unless I need exact temperatures.. Concerning just my base, if there are no geysers/vents around, I am more than ok with a single ingeous rock insulated tile layer and then a few wheeze worts.

10 hours ago, beowulf2010 said:

its all down to preference.. i find it ugly, lol. functional true.

13 hours ago, DaveSatx said:

Another of the benefits is the gas being cooled down to -60C eventually... for free.
I usually store hydrogren and oxygen like this so I can get a head start cooling everything down once I build a LOX machine.

But ye, just giving OP some ideas.

Example pics for anyone that is interested.
I made these pictures ages ago so they're not specific to this thread, they show wheezewort mechanics

5c24ba300e0ec_wheezewortpump.thumb.png.e58e0d565c0f59a89e52cd1f611c4e28.png 
 5c24bab0c382a_wheezewortchimney2.thumb.png.de847ad9d2aa1b9b2498c5bd5e8529e6.png5c24bace946ed_wheezewortcirculation.thumb.png.1727e4b0a4a07c88f6a007e2cee18556.png

Archived