[Tool] ONI Database - Quick reference guide & relations

Hey guys! I'm f4rtux and (ofc) I really love to play to Oxygen not included!
I started to play in June and from the beginning I was pleasantly impressed by the game, the atmosphere and the style.
The only thing I missed was a quick reference guide (like a cheat sheet) to easily find how to obtain a specific element or for what an element can be used.
The software engineer in me has decided for this reason to create a tool:

https://oni-db.com

in order to collect all the possible relation between Elements, Buildings, Critters, Plants & Foods.
In this first release I focused on data extraction and relations, to provide the "Exploration" part, where is possible, for example, start from Oxygen, see all the possible way to produce oxygen and how you can use it and navigate from a relation to another.

In the next weeks I will work on completing the extraction of missing relations (gayser, planet, engine, material bonus applied to building, some minor relation missing, etc.) and implementing the "filter & order by" functionality, to allow, for example, to sort the element by Thermal Conductivity, Specific Heat Capacity, Molar Mass, etc.
After that, I've some others idea, but I want first complete this part!

Hope you find this useful,

Ciao!

PS: In the settings you can choose how you want to measure the temperature (K, °C. °F) and the time (seconds or cycle).

Hey guys,
I'm glad to announce the version 2.0.0 of Oxygen not Included Database, updated with the data of the today incoming patch QoL Upgrade Mk 2!

Regarding today's patch, the following data has been added:

• Artifacts: A list of all artifacts, with the drop rate and the planets where it is possible to find them. Selecting the "Archaeologist Dupe" options, it's possible to update the chance to find an artifact if the traveler is a duplicant with that trait.
  • Care Packages: The list of all available care packages, the discovery requirements and the cycles required to unlock.

In general, all the missing data and relations should have been added (planets, geysers, comets, sublimate relations, scales from creatures, etc.) and now you can also view the data in tabular form, in order to sort the elements based on a specific attribute
(only for elements, buildings and critters atm. Others incoming!).

table.thumb.png.6d92c842f9854da9d231acdb11f493ff.png

Here the complete changelog.

Please let me know if you see something wrong or missing!

I just looked into your database and sir, I must say that you are awesome. Honestly. 

Edit : a few improvements maybe : consumption and production is always indicated in g/s. Would it be possible to put it per cycle? Some values are more understandable this way like plant consumption. 

Another thing is that when your click return after viewing an item, it resets the search. Maybe if you passe the arguments of the search in the URL you would not have this problem. Or there is surely another solution. 

Anyway thanks a lot! 

I've shared your site with my friends.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Scorpio King said:

I guess its time to say goodbye to my Excel sheets.

EXCEL_2019-02-19_18-18-40.thumb.png.3f36c8a9a38e3fb584052825a72d38b6.png

Thank you for the work and giving us the database, great job!

Two issues in your excel.

The efficiency of wheezewort is determined by SHC. So the hydrogen is the best, and natural gas is the second best.

Polluted water and water have same SHC

6 hours ago, Christophlette said:

I just looked into your database and sir, I must say that you are awesome. Honestly. 

Edit : a few improvements maybe : consumption and production is always indicated in g/s. Would it be possible to put it per cycle? Some values are more understandable this way like plant consumption. 

Another thing is that when your click return after viewing an item, it resets the search. Maybe if you passe the arguments of the search in the URL you would not have this problem. Or there is surely another solution. 

Anyway thanks a lot! 

Thank you so much! I'm really glad that you find the tool useful :)

You can already change the unit of time by clicking on the gear icon and choose "Cycle".  Every thing displayed in seconds will be transformed into cycles.

For the search part, I'll check!

27 minutes ago, f4rtux said:

You can already change the unit of time by clicking on the gear icon and choose "Cycle".  Every thing displayed in seconds will be transformed into cycles.

Nice ! You thought about that too.

27 minutes ago, f4rtux said:

For the search part, I'll check!

It happens when consulting the site with a phone so I guess it's not very important. When on a computer it works like a charm because you have the item selected on the side :)

On 20/2/2019 at 1:01 AM, fifty_ducks said:

Could you add dupes to the "Eaten by" list? I don't know how you want to format it, but it would be helpful. You could just omit Bottomless Stomach in the g/s and just use the default kcal per day for a normal dupe.

Sorry for the late reply, I had some very intense weeks at work, but in the spare time I was working on this in background XD and now I've finished implementing your suggestion (now live!) and some other refinements related to table views (now available for each section).

You can access from Duplicant page and have an overview of the quantities of each food required per second (or per cycle) with all the modifiers (bottomless stomach, hunger rate) or you can access from each food page and have the details for specific food.

Thanks for the idea :)

1 hour ago, Mr.Trueba said:

I hope that this time no one will come to steal your idea, haha.
Well done mate! (:

Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it and ... thank goodness that some things are noticed : )

1 hour ago, Grimgaw said:

What's 'Archaeologist Dupe' in Artefact discover chance part of Space?

It's a dupe trait that guarantees the discovery of an artefact for each trip. The description is:

Archeologist: This Duplicant will always bring back an artifact from space expeditions.

But after your question I have done further research within the code and I'm not so sure it's already implemented. I will check deeper!

How do I run this?  In Chrome for example, I have Javascript enabled, and I see no errors in the console window - but all I get is a white screen.  And sometimes I get the loading animation on the browser tab but nothing ever loads.

Thanks for your efforts.

10 minutes ago, Sigma Cypher said:

How do I run this?  In Chrome for example, I have Javascript enabled, and I see no errors in the console window - but all I get is a white screen.  And sometimes I get the loading animation on the browser tab but nothing ever loads.

Thanks for your efforts.

That is strange. I used it in chrome and works perfect.

4 minutes ago, gotnoface said:

Thanks a bunch for the database. But as of the last update the most useful feature, the switch between table and tile view, seem to be missing from all pages.

Doh!

Thanks for reporting, should be fixed now!

Hey!
A quick post to announce the version 2.2 of Oxygen not Included Database, updated with the data of the today incoming patch QoL Upgrade Mk 3!

What's new?

Medicine: Added a new section with all the available Medicine, Diseases and Pathogens and all the relations between them.
Buildings: Added "Build with material" interactive details. Now is possible to see an overview of how different materials change the property foreach building (Decor, Overheat Temperature and Thermal Conductivity) and choose the best one!
Creatures: Revamp of Creatures and Eggs details card. Added some missing informations (Space Required, Lay egg period, Breeding modifiers) and an interactive section to choose the wildness and the happiness of the creature that automatically update the calories needed and the lay egg period.

Full Changelog

Thank you as always for the support and have fun!

10 minutes ago, f4rtux said:

Creatures: Revamp of Creatures and Eggs details card. Added some missing informations (Space Required, Lay egg period, Breeding modifiers) and an interactive section to choose the wildness and the happiness of the creature that automatically update the calories needed and the lay egg period.

Long live new ONI Biology! Love you!

5 hours ago, f4rtux said:

Medicine: Added a new section with all the available Medicine, Diseases and Pathogens and all the relations between them.

I just read this section - am I missing where it tells what cures each of the diseases besides the Allergy and Food Poisoning ones which do show what cures?

The meds screen only says cures moderate ailments or cures severe ailments but I can't find where it says what is moderate and what is severe?

Archived