If a boss wad to be added in Hamlet

19 minutes ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

Add the Quacken to the Lake Biome. This would give players a good reason to go there.

Also, the Antlion? Maybe?

Generally, the biome lake is small, so I do not think Quacken could spawn. For Antlion? Why not, but its special assets are sand, so the desert, but unfortunately there is no desert in Hamlet :/

5 minutes ago, Hx380 said:

And add 7th  island with swamp and lakes

I think that too many Vanilla/RoG Biomes would take away from the uniqueness of Hamlet. On a different note, I have some ideas if they were to add the Antlion. It would only come out during the Aporkalypse, and when active it would cause earthquakes and cave-ins in DST fashion. On the surface, it would make sinkholes, and in the Ruins it would make earthquakes. The Antlion would be on a 6th Desert island, but rather than being on the surface I would be in another set of Mant Hills (it IS an ant type mob, after all) on the 6th island, similar to the Mant queen on the 1st island. It could be appeased just like in DST, but if it became angered you would have to fight it. The fight would be the same as the one in DST. Defeating it would give you the Antlion Jaws, which would be used to craft the Antlion Staff. The staff would have 20 uses, and when used would make a ring of Sand Spikes (the ones that the Antlion raises from the ground) appear around the mob you choose to target, trapping it in said ring and doing 200 damage if the spikes happen to hit the mob as they come out of he ground. The ring would last 10 seconds, and could also be used to make a type of “shield” around the player if they use the staff on themselves. Those are my thoughts on an Antlion in Hamlet. If you have more ideas, don’t hesitate to tell me!

I would add in a boss that works like the Antlion, but on crack x11. Something to appease the people who keep whining for harder bosses, by making it ULTRA OP.

Spoiler

It'll be a setting in the game that by default is set to off, however if a player tries to turn it on it'll say something like:
"This will make your game EXTREMELY DIFFICULT. If you are not looking for a challenge, we recommend you keep this setting off. Are you sure you want to turn this on?"

It'll be like the Antlion in that you can appease it so that it won't come after you, or you can actively seek it out and fight it. And if you neglect it, it'll actively seek you out and fight you. Inb4 people say, "oH, bUt YoU cOulD jUsT kEep ApPeAsInG iT aNd YoU'lL bE fInE."

Haha. No.

After a certain day threshold (I dunno...maybe like day 100) it'll no longer be able to be appeased, and start hunting you down. It'll have that obnoxious perma-buffing that the Rhinocebros have, meaning it can constantly buff its attack power and defense. If you don't find a way around its boosting you'll eventually be stuck with essentially using toothpicks to fight it with how poor your damage will be. If you let it get too high, it'll eventually become so powerful that it'll basically one-shot you.

I don't think it'd be a Giant per se, I'm thinking it'd be around Klaus size. It'd also be fast, nimble, and with an infuriating amount of reach. It'll have an obnoxiously high amount of health, and if you fail to kill it within a certain time limit, it'll just end up killing you, regardless if you have live giving amulets, meat effigies, or touchstones.

And if you manage to kill it, I dunno, you'll get a piece of armor that doesn't have durability that'll give you the ability to not be killed by a single blow if your health is above a certain threshold.

Spoiler

Think Second Chance from Kingdom Hearts.

Oh, and if you defeat it it's not permanently gone, it'll have a cool-down period of maybe 15 days, and the cycle will reset.

Also, subsequent defeats won't give you more armor, it'll just give you bragging rights.

Inb4 people say "bUt OmG tHaT's ToO Op NeRf tHiS tRaSh *Frustrated Nerd Noises*"

...well you kinda DID select the "Whipped Cream Genocide Bru-ha-ha" boss option, it DID warn you that it'd make the game extremely difficult, so it's kinda your fault.

22 hours ago, minespatch said:

If I was to suggest a new boss, how about a reskin of the Bishop but go with the Mant theme of having a giant lazer-eyed Mantis? It could share Deerclops's lazer eye attack.

A Praying Mantis would be the perfect fit for an animal version of the Bishop and would complete the trio alongside the Hippopotamoose and the Zeb.

Here's a not-so-quick and not-so-good drawing of what I'm thinking of. 

image.png.185c528139981db8b29b8f569d1ed765.png

14 hours ago, SandvichSpy said:

A Praying Mantis would be the perfect fit for an animal version of the Bishop and would complete the trio alongside the Hippopotamoose and the Zeb.

H E C K.

NIGHTMARE FUEL DONE aaa

20 hours ago, SandvichSpy said:

That's so cute! Do you have a art thread in art and lore?

Y'know, if we go the pun-imal route, the "PRAYING" mantis would probably need a black and white paint job to emphasize the religious element. Otherwise, we could have a PRYING mantis and have a mantis with eyes all over its body.

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

That's so cute! Do you have a art thread in art and lore?

Y'know, if we go the pun-imal route, the "PRAYING" mantis would probably need a black and white paint job to emphasize the religious element. Otherwise, we could have a PRYING mantis and have a mantis with eyes all over its body.

I don't have an art thread but might make one tho, I do draw a lot but since I lack the appropriate programs and tools to comfortably draw digitally so I tend to stick to paper.

Totally agree on the paint job, I was thinking a giraffe could make a nice organic bishop but I ultimately went for the praying mantis for that religious pun. 

On 1/30/2019 at 12:31 AM, SandvichSpy said:

Zorak, is that you?

Archived