Is using a axe to open suspicious cracks a bug?

I've known about this for a while and ever since I found it out its always confused me is this a bug or not the walls have 1 health which is why I'm guessing gunpowder works but is the axe intentional or is gunpowder? its so random a hammer no, a pickaxe no a axe? it confuses me the loot in there is so good but sometimes you an get thulecite crowns staffs and stuff like that. So does anyone know if this is a bug because its been bugging me a lot

I tried all tools on the suspicious cracks.  the axe works, and there is a word prompt (I think it's "chop") so it's not a bug.  Someone else on the forums said that sometimes, there is anothe wall behind the first, but I have not experienced this yet.  

It's intentional. There's a prmpt "chop" so it's not a bug.

Just now, ucw said:

I tried all tools on the suspicious cracks.  the axe works, and there is a word prompt (I think it's "chop") so it's not a bug.  Someone else on the forums said that sometimes, there is anothe wall behind the first, but I have not experienced this yet.  

Yup. YOu can't break it or anything. The sound "you've found a secret room" won't play too so i guess there's nothing to do with it

Just now, Szczuku said:

Yup. YOu can't break it or anything. The sound "you've found a secret room" won't play too so i guess there's nothing to do with it

Am told blowing up the second wall does work.  

3 hours ago, Szczuku said:

1 hour ago, gary9996 said:

the wall probably shares code with a tree somehow

It's a bug. The way the code works here, from what I've been told, is that "workable" entities default to axe chop if no other tool is assigned to them. It's likely that whichever dev coded suspicious cracks thought that not assigning a tool to the cracks would mean you can't use any tool on them, so they didn't assign one.

Gunpowder explosions count as most types of work (chop, mine, dig, hammer, hack, gold panning,) so that's why the cracks themselves are workable.

Jason's here so hopefully I'm not completely wrong lol

4 minutes ago, Field Field said:

It's a bug. The way the code works here, from what I've been told, is that "workable" entities default to axe chop if no other tool is assigned to them. It's likely that whichever dev coded suspicious cracks thought that not assigning a tool to the cracks would mean you can't use any tool on them, so they didn't assign one.

That is interesting.  

3 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

I’m a bit confused about the cracks that, when chopped, reveal only a blank wall. Is there simply no secret room there, or does some other method need to be used? I threw a coconade as one but nothing happened.

They're dead ends. You can use a Magnifying Glass to investigate the cracks before you use the gunpowder and the character will tell you if it actually leads anywhere.

29 minutes ago, Jason said:

You don't need to use Gunpowder to test them. There are other ways to investigate them first.

Yeah, but don't I need Gunpowder to actually GET THROUGH the ones that have an opening behind them? I am aware of the Magnifying Glass to investigate, but what do I do to actually get through?

1 hour ago, Rellimarual said:

I’m a bit confused about the cracks that, when chopped, reveal only a blank wall. Is there simply no secret room there, or does some other method need to be used? I threw a coconade as one but nothing happened.

but I think the dead ends still have health so you can blow them up which creates the wall disappearing animation and nothing else might have been fixed

also you don't really need to waste a magnifying glass use on them suspicious cracks will never lead into a non secret room so if you see a crack that would lead into a room ignore it explore your entire map then see which crack would lead to a secret room

PLEASE HELP!! :C
I got a problem with the suspicious cracks, I can't chop them. Even if they are new, appears a dialogue that says ''Someone's ruined those ruins'' :/ 
I'm in the 5th island, in the Aporkalypse Calendar's ruin. 

5 hours ago, anjiru said:

PLEASE HELP!! :C
I got a problem with the suspicious cracks, I can't chop them. Even if they are new, appears a dialogue that says ''Someone's ruined those ruins'' :/ 
I'm in the 5th island, in the Aporkalypse Calendar's ruin. 

Yeah the cracks were actually never intended to be able to be chopped open with axes so they fixed that in an update. Better start making gunpowder.

1 hour ago, Tanshu said:

Yeah the cracks were actually never intended to be able to be chopped open with axes so they fixed that in an update. Better start making gunpowder.

Mining pillars in other rooms also works. You’ll hear the little chime if the earthquake has opened one elsewhere in the ruin. I’ve also had them open for seemingly no reason when it gets close to the Aporkalypse. 

3 hours ago, Tanshu said:

LoL, there's the reason... ok, i'll start with it XD 

59 minutes ago, ucw said:

Re: gunpowder, is there a way to have a pile of gunpowder in one inventory slot, and just use ONE gunpowder at a time?  I can't separate them for single use... 

You can split stacks with the CTRL key, also if you hold it while dropping a stack of items it will only drop 1 of them. 

Archived