By BraveChickenBack to nature
A pack of 3 characters.
Compatible with [DS] and [RoG]
Steam Download link
I still can't believe that I finally finished my first mod ever! In just few days, after researching and studding the game's files, I managed to learn enough of the basics to be able to achieve most of the things I needed for my mod. And for the other ones, I tried giving all of the credits of the mods that I found helpful in the script of my mod. (I was too shy to ever ask for help, so it was a long few hours/days of headache and studding of the game files, to try and understand how things work to be able to alter them in my mod X___X; )
My project was quite ambitious as for someone that literally knew one big 0 about how to code this game, but I never gave up on it. I have worked with complicated coding before on advanced custom stories for Amnesia the dark descent, so I thought "Pfft. Don't starve? How hard can it be? It's probably gonna be a breeze!" ...umm... Yea... Nope. XD That actually was a lot harder that I expected. But then again... Most things are hard before they become easy XD
So 4 months and about 300 hours of testing later, this mod was born! XD
The artwork and characters are made by me. And of course... (I don't think I need to mention it but I will anyways) Feel free to use the coding I made for my mod if you'll find it helpful, or even change it to use it in your own mod if you wish.
However, please DO NOT reuse any of the art that I made for this.
Thank you, and I hope you'll enjoy my mod! ^-^
(Also, sorry if there are any typos anywhere. They tend to escape me. XD Evil typos! :U )
About the mod
The mod contains 3 different characters. (Wool, Weem, and Waan)
Each character has different perks, custom speech, and special items.
All of the characters are taller than the normal Don't starve characters and have different analogies/anatomy.
They all also have their own custom character selection frame.
(You can check for them in the description below or in the pictures attached to this mod.)
Keep in mind that this mod resizes the headwear of the characters. So if you'll be playing with a normal Don't starve Character while having this mod on, then the headwear will look small on them.
Do not use this mod along with any other mods which transfer anything from SW to DS/RoG.
It might crash your game or kill your character. (If you're playing with Wool, Weem or Waan.)
Please do not attempt on making this mod compatible with SW, Hamlet or DST on your own.
Thank you for reading and for understanding.
I hope you'll still enjoy the mod the way it is.
Wool is a peaceful, sweet, deer-like creature which loves nature and gets heartbroken when he sees plants suffering or getting hurt. He sees the life of plants on an equal level as the life of any other living creature, making him sad that he needs to hurt them in order to survive.
Wool isn't the easiest character to play as. He loses sanity pretty quickly while gathering resources, and he gets hungry fast. Wool also has a very useful fried, a wisp. She can glow in the dark, heal his HP and recover his sanity. The wisp wakes up from a pearl which is Wool's special item that he starts with. The pearl can also be upgraded into a blue pearl, fire pearl, silver pearl, or golden pearl. Each pearl wakes a different wisp with different helpful perks.
HP - 200 | Sanity - 120 | Hunger - 90
- He is not scary to "prey", so animals like rabbits and gobblers won't run away from him.
- He loses no sanity during nigh.
- Standing near dark flowers, wearing the fashion melon, and digging up graves does not decrease his sanity.
- He can regain sanity by standing near trees, rabbits, beefalos, flowers, and by planting trees.
- He has increases defense.
- Starts with the recipe for healing salve unlocked.
- He will spawn a butterfly from time to time. (That's just to make sure that he will always have some way to restore sanity while the Wisp is resting)
- He can pick up the spiky bush without getting hurt.
- He gets less hungry from eating flower petals. (+3) (dark petals give him no penalty)
- Beefalos see him as one of their own and will not attack him even during mating season. They will also dash to protect Wool upon witnessing him being attacked.
(They will still attack if attacked)
- He can warm himself up by standing near beefalos.
- He can see beefalos on the map.
- His fur keeps him warmer during winter. He also takes less damage while freezing.
- His Wisp can heal his sanity and health, and she glows in the dark.
- He won't be attacked by killer bees if he won't bother them. (Killer bee hives are still a danger though)
- He loses sanity while chopping down trees, picking flowers, grass, or any other plant. (except cactus)
- Loses sanity while standing near tree stumps, burned trees, drying racks, and while wearing moggles, garland, or holding grass umbrella, or ham bat.
- Loses A LOT of sanity from burning plants and trees, and from heads on a pole.
- Loses large amount of sanity from eating mandrakes.
- Killing any living creatures (animals and monsters) decreases his sanity. (The amount of sanity loss varies depending on the killed creature)
- He does not regain any sanity from scalemail.
- He is a herbivore and can't eat any meat nor any crock pot food that can be made with meat.
- He gets hungry fast.
- Wisp needs few days to recharge, and is not fast enough to catch up with Wool while he runs. (on a road or with a walking cane)
(Some foods also work differently on Wool.)
- Durian - HP.0 Sanity.0
- Cooked durian - Sanity.0
- Red cap - HP.5 Hunger.12 Sanity.0
- Red cap cooked - Hunger.12 Sanity.0
- Green cap - HP.0 Hunger.12 Sanity.5
- Green cap cooked - HP.0 Hunger.12 Sanity.15
- Blue cap - HP.20 Hunger.12 Sanity.0
- Blue cap cooked - HP.20 Hunger.12 Sanity.10
- Dragonpie - Sanity.10
- Powcake - Can't eat.
- Taffy - HP.0
- Stuffed eggplant - Can't eat.
- Wet goop - Can't eat
- Goat milk - Sanity.20
- Watermelon - Hunger.60
- Cactus flesh - HP.0
- Lichen - Sanity.0
Wisp is Wool's little companion, which when awoken will follow Wool and assist him with her light and heals.
Wisp awakes from the pearl which Wool carries. It takes 1-3 days for each pearl to fully charge.
When a pearl is charged, place it on the ground and wait 10 seconds for the wisp to wake up.
Every wisp will stay with Wool for 1 full day. (Starting from the moment it was awoken)
Only the silver and golden wisp will stay for longer time.
After the wisp's time will be up, it'll turn back into the original Sleeping pearl (White pearl).
Wool will now announce when Wisp will be about to go to sleep.
The 1st cue "Wisp seems tired" will be given by Wool when there will be about 2 minutes left on Wisp's timer.
The last warning "Wisp is really tired" will be given by Wool when there will be about 1 minute left on Wisp's timer.
Wool will also say "Rest well, my little friend" once Wisp falls asleep, helping players notice that Wisp is no longer following them.
To avoid ending up in the dark when the wisp will suddenly fall back asleep, awake your wisp during the day or dusk.
Weem is a highly educated and intelligent water creature of the night. She loves solitude and spending time learning new things or crafting magical items. She is not too interested in technology related objects.
Weem can be a pretty difficult character to play as, as her sanity and health keeps on decreasing during the day, and can easily kill her if she won't be properly taken care of.
She, however, has all of the magical/ancient necklaces and staff (along with few other magical/ancient recipes) already unlocked from the start, and along with her ability to craft gems and use magic without sanity loss, can make her a powerful character when using magic.
HP - 160 | Sanity - 150 | Hunger - 150
- Planting butterflies will make a dark flower appear instead of a normal one.
- Her speech can provide the player with few information about the inspected objects. (But they tend to be long)
- Regains sanity during night and in caves.
- Rain heals her sanity and health.
- Spiders and merm don't mind her but will still attack her if attacked.
- Ghosts won't case her even if attacked. (She will still get damaged on contact)
- She can craft gems, thulecite, living log, spiderhat, and walrus tusk.
- She has most of the magical/ancient recipes unlocked from the start.
- She can use the magic/ancient staff without any sanity loss.
- She can craft from the unlocked ancient recipes without being near the altar.
- She can craft a stuffed spider which will make spiders protect her upon witnessing her being attacked.
- Can craft a rainshell which will call rain when played.
- She glows in the dark. (Her glow increases during rain and in caves/underground)
- She runs faster during rain and in caves/underground.
- She can grow and cut her hair to receive silk.
- She doesn't lose sanity from moisture. (But still dislikes wet clothes)
- She can always see the closes sinhole (cave entrance) to her always uncovered on the map when loading/starting the game.
- Bug net last for much longer when she is using it. (-1% per use) (Just because she needs a lot of butterflies to create more dark flowers for her crafts.)
- Loses A LOT of health during day.
- Loses sanity during day and dusk.
- Overheats fast.
- Pigman and bunnyman hate her and will attack her on sight.
- Catcoons dislike her and will attack her if approached too close.
- She can only eat meat and drink blood. (She prefers her meat RAW)
- Most crock pot foods which can be made with veggies or fruits will damage her health.
- Fishsticks - HP.-10
- Fishtacos - HP.-5
- Kabobs - HP.-20
- Meatballs - HP.-20
- Perogies - HP.-20
- Unagi - HP.-20
- Guacamole - HP.-20
- HotChili - HP.-20
- Mosquito's blood sack - HP.10 Hunger.8 Sanity.30
- Meaty stew - HP.-2
- Cup of blood - HP.30 Hunger.5 Sanity.3
- Monster blood - HP.3 Hunger.5 Sanity.30
Waan is a cheerful adventurer, filled with love towards technology, lots of excitement, and bad puns. He is always ready to explore, and when he doesn't talk about food or adventure, he loves making fun of everything around him. He in reality is a young prince who always tries to escape his kingdom as he loves the though of adventure a lot more than the though of becoming a king.
Waan is not too difficult character to play as. He is a very good character for players which love exploring the map and rarely stay in one place or around the camp area. He still might cause troubles during winter as he freezes fast.
HP - 120 | Sanity - 200 | Hunger - 150
- Starts with a backpack, food, a compass, his boomerang Boomy, his royal scarf, and a thermal stone.
- Loses no sanity during night.
- Can't lose any sanity due to food.
- Loses no HP from any kind of meat nor crock pot food.
- Loses no sanity when using the orange teleport staff.
- Is not a fuzzy eater and hardly gets any negative effects from food.
- Can see in the dark.
- Can craft gears.
- Walks and runs faster than the normal characters.
- He knows how to craft a shovel, a thermal stone, a backpack, a walking cane, a compass, a rope, a crock pot, a spear, a cut stone, and a tent from the start.
- He is a desert cat and will never overheat.
- His special weapon Boomy is unbreakable and has high range and damage.
- He has a collection of maps which let's him see all of the maps fully uncovered.
- His royal scarf has a high sanity heal.
- Can't gain any sanity from food.
- Doesn't have much HP.
- His special weapon Boomy can easily kill or severely damage him if not caught.
- He is a desert cat and freezes fast.
- His royal scarf is not too easy to make.
- He needs to keep the maps with him to see them fully uncovered. (As he tends to forget and the maps get covered up again)
Few animations might seem wonky.
Due to the fact that I tried giving to the character different analogies/anatomy, some of the animations might seem weird. (Even though few of them are caused due to the game's texture selection)
Wisp gets in the way of planting. -- Fixed in 1.3.7
Wisp might often get in the way when Wool is trying to plant something. (If that happens, simply make a small step forward and retry doing what you wanted to do.)
Wisp's timer changes. -- Fixed in 1.3.8
After entering a cave/going underground with an active wisp, it's time will reset (But only for the cave).
Entering/exiting caves, or saving and exiting the game while the wisp is active, it might cause it to change it's timer (sometimes staying a bit longer/shorter)
Wisps's animation freezes.
Wisp sometimes right after waking up might look like she is frozen in the air. But that's just the animation waiting for wool to move in order to begin.
Waan's night vision & Weem's night glow doesn't activate. -- Fixed in 1.3.7
Sometimes when the night starts, the character's night vision/glow won't get activated while the character stands near a light source. If that happens, don't worry and simply enter the darkness or turn off the light source, that will activate the night vision/glow immediately.
Waan's maps don't show in the animation.
Waan's book does not appear in the reading animation in DS (But it works in RoG)
Weem's HP decrease is missing the arrow.
The arrow which indicates a health decrease does not show during the day when Weem is losing HP.
The character's have their shadow in the wrong place.
That's actually not a bug. This is caused by me trying to push the character's textures almost to their limits in an attempt to make the characters taller than the normal ones.
(If you'll encounter any other bugs or issues which are not listed here, then feel free to let me know about them)
By Mr. TiddlesMy second ever mod character, brought back to be released! Also the inspiration for my now abandoned Wurbert character.
Here's a video of an earlier version by the brilliant Jon from Jardev!
Writhe is one of the shadow creatures, but he was mentally challenged, and could never fit in. So the others bullied him, trying to kill him off. Maxwell pitied Writhe, and defended him best he could. As he grew weaker, his last option was to send Writhe out into the open world, as far away from the other shadows as possible. Writhe sees Maxwell as his farther figure.
-Hunger = 180, and can only eat meat and nightmare fuel.
-Sanity = 1, and constantly drains.
- Short vision
-Can't equip any hand-slot items due to him having blades for arms. Instead he has the armguards listed below.
+Walks 1.2 times normal speed.
+Teleports a short distance when attacked.
+Attacks deal more damage over time. Instead of attacking once, he jumps into the air and wildly slashes at enemies. While he does more damage, this can not be interrupted and leaves him vulnerable. He also does lots of damage unarmed.
Can examine shadow creatures!
Eating nightmare fuel will give back:
Daddy's Spare coat: The dapper coat Maxwell wears in adventure mode! While wearing it, Writhe will stop losing and gain sanity during the day, and the sanity loss during night is slowed by a lot.
Sack of Helpful goods: A sack that spawns next to him when a new game starts. Gives 3 charcoal, 2 meat, and the Divine-O-Pones in adventure.
Divine-O-Phones: Headphones he only gets in adventure mode. Not only do they tell you where the things are, you can also make them play music by right-clicking on them while they're equipped.
Rather Plain Armguards: Works as a mining pick and axe. Mines at 20% speed and chops at 30%. Very slow!
Swiss Arm-y Guards: Works as a mining pick, axe, and shovel. Mines at 30% speed and chops at 40% normal. Gives an extra 12 damage to your attacks. Still very slow. Requires science machine.
Kingly Armguards: Works as a mining pick, axe, hammer, and shovel. Mines at 50%, chops at 60%, hammers at 40%, and gives an extra 18 damage to your attacks. Requires Alchemy Engine
Handy Man's Maces: Works as a mining pick, axe, shovel, and hammer. Mines at 70%, chops at 80%, and hammers at 60%. Gives and extra 24 damage, and also functions as a divining rod. Requires a repaired Pseudo Science Station to craft. So you need to go to the ruins!
Flamey-Wamey Thingadoo: A long-lasting torch. Breaks after running out of fuel. You can also shoot fireballs at enemies to ignite them, but this uses a lot of fuel.
Mole-Whacker Mollet: Acts as a very weak hammer. Can also be used to whack moleworms. and pick them up to make the rain hat. Only available with Reign of Giants.
Sticky Snatchers: Act as a bugnet. Simple as that.
Known issues: If you quit and rejoin a save while wearing the Divine-O-Phones, you have to take them off and put them back on for the music to work.
Single LINK (DS)
Together LINK (DST)
By Siletreathis mod brings Wark the Chocobo to the original "Don't Starve" along with its DLC's "Reign of Giants" and "Shipwrecked"
Wark the Chocobo was originally created by @Spotteh for DST and you can get her fantastic DST version here https://forums.kleientertainment.com/files/file/1022-dst-wark-the-chocobo/
the real point of this mod existing is due to me not having DST but wanting to be a chocobo...so using @Dleowolf's example character template mod alongside Spotteh's fantastic character art and with massive coding help from @BraveChicken! I'm happy to say that she's ready for the world to enjoy!
now for her stats!
60 HP 50 Sanity 300 hunger Wark is "mortified of darkness" meaning her sanity will drop like a brick in water the minute it gets dark, although its a slower drain at dusk
Wark "loves fire" and is "fireproof" meaning that she needs to stay around light sources like fire to keep her sanity up! her fire range has been set so that she doesn't have to stay too close to a fire-pit to get the sanity effect! also light sources are larger with her so its easier to see (and I find it to be more realistic)...I don't have to explain fireproofing do I?
Wark has custom items!
Chocobo Satchel Chocobo Translator the satchel is a fancy backpack styled from the "Chocobo Dungeon" video games while the translator actually lets her speak! and is styled from "Final Fantasy Unlimited"
Wark is VERY fast! and she's built to be a "glass cannon" type of character
she's support to be like a treasure hunter or archeologist but I'm too lazy to write the extra custom speech text ATM so thats for a later release!
fish in ponds with flower petals run super fast hit 3x harder gain sanity around fires can walk through fire unharmed does not need a science machine takes longer to burn or freeze comes with backpack/translator/thuelculite pickaxe can eat monstermeat without heath damage custom voiced with ACTUAL Chocobo sounds (that I got from a limited edition sound effect track disc) will be updated for play-ability in Hamlet once its released and I know how to make it compatible! custom intro for DS and ROG (can't figure out how to do it for SW yet) cons
hunger drain at 1.3 decrease so she gets hungry faster then normal 60 HP means she can be oneshotted by MANY bosses/beefalo sanity will be reduced to 0 in less then 20 seconds after nightfall harder to warm up or cool down due to long times to freeze or fry impossible to survive in caves/extended winter (prove me wrong) can't speak without the translator and will make bird sounds instead surprisingly hard to keep sanity up still needs an alchemy engine you need to choose between carrying stuff and speech ("unless you have "backpack+amulet" mods enabled in which case she's been custom coded to detect such mods and work with them") I plan on making her HAMLET compatible once Hamlet is released!
once again the art and name are NOT my own! they're Spotteh's! and if there's any complaints or problems from her with me having this mod up then I will take it down immediately
thanks for reading and enjoy being a Chocobo!
By FynnYUKI - THE SNOW MUSHROOM
(This is my first character mod so if have any problem, give me ur feedback and support me. Thanks a lot! ^^)
Link on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1306479805
About Yuki: I think she is a good supporter, who can make
Food for Sanity and Health
Items for battle
Cool down player
Easy to find eggs and meat from Prey
Good in Winter but Bad in Summer
Run fast but weak
When play as Yuki, try to find ICE and MUSHROOM as much as possible and build Mushroom farm earlier
------Is a vegetarian and a mushroom------
+ Little faster than normal but weak (same Wendy dame)
+ Only eat vegestables so it's good for health (gain 1/10s)
+ Prey don't fear her and if Yuki kill preys, she lost 30 sanity
+ Love Ratatouille (more points when eat)
+ She is a mushroom so she likes rain. Gain sanity when raining (but still be wet)
+ Can eat mushroom (raw/cooked), but don't eat raw Red Mushroom
- Raw red--- [- 20 health, -15 sanity, +12,5 hunger]
- Cooked red--- [+15 health, -10 sanity, +0 hunger]
- Raw green--- [+0 health, +15 sanity, +12,5 hunger] and give one mushroom spore
- Cooked green--- [+0 health, +30 sanity, +13 hunger]
- Raw blue--- [+35 health, +0 sanity, +25 hunger] and give one mushroom spore
- Cooked blue--- [+1 health, -1 sanity, +0 hunger]
This's different ways to use mushroom (raw/cooked). Remember this to have the best effect
------Born in snowland------------------
Yuki loves Winter. She run faster and gains Sanity everytime in Winter, more than if snowing.
White snow like Yuki's veil, it's make her gains health (5/10s) and absorpt 50% dame received
Cold and freezy resistance
Yuki shines in Winter night
Yuki's body very colds. It's slow down food spoilage and cools player around her down to....death (It's good for someone who overheating to stay near her, but don't stay to long)
Yuki hates Summer. Her sanity drain everytime in Summer and very easy to overheat
Yuki takes more 50% fire dame. Be careful with fire! XD
---------Can craft some special things with Mushroom and Ice-----------
- Pupe Mushroom: use like Honey Poultice but more than 10 health (+40)
- Pupe Mushsoup: Yuki's special food, [+65 Health, +50 Hunger, + 50 Sanity]
- Pupe Cocktail: Yuki's special food, [+20 Health, +20 Hunger, + 75 Sanity]
- Snow Mushroom: Yuki's soul, it's only shines in Winter night
- Ice Armor: an armor like wood armor but harder to destroy
- Ice Helmet: like Wigfrid's hat
- Ice Walking Death: special weapon by Walking Cane + Spear
[ Run faster (walking cane's speed) when equip and do 20 dame
Has 30% to crit. Do more 30 dame (total 50) ]
---------Yuki is a mushroom, daugher of the Moon---------------
When full moon, she become Moonlight form and be protected by Moon
- Absorpt 80% dame received
- Health regain (2/1s)
- Sanity gain super fast
My characters don't use body size of original characters (leg is taller than), so its can't use some skins in game.
I were rebuild some file from <default>, San(Princess Mononoke), Waiter 101 Together v5.0x Mod.
Custom voice "Tecolin"
And Character's appearance from hinausa, neko-rina deviantart
Say "Thanks!" for it and "Sorry" for my English
By Javier_Amosespero que les guste la experiencia en hamlet con Wilson y su camiseta aqui les dejo el link vayan asta abajo
By DanielanceThe australian behemoth of Mann Co. comes to Don't Starve.
Hope you all enjoy this incredibly broken mod.
using the reign of giants DLC standalone will result in missing shoulders and torso
If you disable auto unequip and then re-enable it while wearing an item, you'll crash
Notable achievements (from the official TF2 Wiki)
Cutting his way out of "primate hell".
Teaching his Girl Scout troop, the "Saxtonettes", fire safety tips such as "Grizzly bears burn".
Fighting off a lion while simultaneously having a haircut.
Single-handedly wiping out the Indonesian Berserker Shark (and making them cry).
Retrieving a stolen puck from a thieving tortoise despite its thirty minute head start.
Inventing Jarate, the JAR-Based karate.
Becoming the wealthiest man in the Western Hemisphere.
Becoming the fourth richest man in the world.
Firebombing Woodstock from a helicopter.
Being in no way involved with the explosive death of the American monkeynaut Poopy Joe, nor being anywhere near the launch site at the time.
Introducing the Crafting system to both the RED and BLU teams in an effort to stop the war.
Publishing a special issued magazine (at a price of 20 cents per issue, even though it was demanded to be free) to answer questions made by his fans about, among other things, playing Team Fortress 2 on a Mac.
Discovering the existence of the Internet and starting the Mann Co. Store.
Having a website made up entirely of absolutely true Saxton Hale facts.
Killing the perverts at AnagramYourName.com.
Hosting the First Annual Saxxy Awards.
Inventing the "high-five".
Eating a whole ostrich.
'Manslaughtering' 1593 physicians.
Defeating Dr. McNinja in a popularity contest.
Slamming a Yeti with a Scout.
Jumping off a thrown Scout to punch a Yeti into a mess of blood and gibs.
Valve for the creation of Team Fortress 2 and Saxton Hale
Extended Sample Character template by Dragon Wolf Leo
Waloogi686869 for idea and stats concepts
By DanielanceThe slime girl from Monster Musume.
Dragon Wolf Leo for Extended Sample Character
Okayado for Monster Musume and Suu
Weeaboo Garbage and the discussions for suggestions
Adds Whimsy to the list of playable characters.
BEFORE I BEGIN, PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS CHARACTER IS DESIGNED TO BE A SUPPORT CHARACTER. IF YOU USE THIS MOD IN SINGLE-PLAYER, YOU WILL BE PUTTING YOURSELF AT A SIGNIFICANT DISADVANTAGE. WHIMSY IS DESIGNED AROUND TEAM PLAY.
Whismy is a happy sunflower that loves making people smile--which is quite a contrast from the dark, uninviting world of Don't Starve Together. She was born (read:grown) here naturally, and knows nothing else--this world is normal to her. To her new friends, the the sight of her is a great refresher from the horrid world that is constantly trying to kill them... Well, most of her friends, anyway; Maxwell's still not sold on the idea of a disgustingly ecstatic sunflower that just won't shut up. At least she's technically one less mouth to feed.
Whimsy is a very, VERY odd character that I've been wanting to create for a very long time (she was thought of and designed around the same time as Weston was when he was being developed for RoG). She is effectively a full support type of character, while at the same time being almost parasitic. She is nearly completely reliant on other players to survive, meaning that you will almost ALWAYS have to play with another player to get anything done. In return, Whimsy almost completely negates the sanity loss of other characters, which holds some characters back.
Whimsy's stats are as follows:
Here are Whimsy's perks:
+ Whimsy is naturally cheerful in the sunlight, and she's almost always in a good mood. Because of this, Whimsy regenerates sanity very quickly in the daytime. In the dark, not only does she not lose any sanity from night drain, but she regains sanity at almost the same rate!
+ Not only does Whimsy regenerate sanity for herself, but when she is near other players, they also regain sanity from her cheerfulness. This is useful for characters that have sanity penalties. Her cheerful nature even triumphs over the sanity drain from darkness (Does not stop Charlie from attacking your friends, however)!
+ Whimsy uses photosynthesis to regenerate her hunger in the daytime, which raises quite quickly. In addition to this, she also slowly regains her health in the sunlight.
+ Whimsy is light and quick. She is quite a bit faster than most characters.
+ Much like Weston the Wandering Cactus , Whimsy attracts insects that naturally seek out flowers. However, when certain insects see Weston's spikes, they'll usually flee after getting too close. Since Whimsy has no spikes, insects will freely light on her and pollinate her.
+ Being a flower, Whimsy is not very threatening. Therefore, certain small prey animals that would normally be scared away by the player's presence are not scared by her, meaning that she can approach them freely. Therefore, she is the perfect character to capture small prey with traps. In addition, certain mobs will either ignore you completely (until you attack them), or watch you curiously from a distance.
- Whimsy is a delicate, frail flower. She has a low health pool because of this (75 hp).
- Whimsy, like Weston, also suffers from a 3 x damage vulnerability from fire. Combine that with a very low health pool, and this can mean a very quick death.
- Along with being frail, Whimsy is also EXTREMELY weak. In fact, she does NO DAMAGE when attacking. The only thing she seems to be able to kill is butterflies, it seems...
- Whimsy does not have any hands--just leaves. Because of this, Whimsy is COMPLETELY unable to hold any kind of tool, such as axes, pickaxes, unbrellas, torches, etc. If she tried to pick up one of these tools, it will immediately slip out of her leaves, meaning she cannot even take them with her (unless she takes it out of a chest, or other storage unit).
- Along with not having hands, Whimsy has many delicate petals that adorn her head. Because of this, she cannot wear hats of ANY KIND, as they would damage her petals. In fact, much like tools, she cannot even pick them up! The same rules that apply to tools apply to hats, basically. Don't worry, Whimsy CAN wear torso items like backpacks, armor, etc.
- Whimsy has no mouth, or any kind of openings in her face, really. Because of this, WHIMSY CANNOT EAT FOOD. Whimsy is totally reliant on photosynthesis for her energy, which is only available during the day while not in a cave. When Whimsy is not in the daylight, she loses hunger points, but much more slowly than most characters.
- Insects aren't the only thing drawn to her... Catcoons will leap up at your head and swat at you, which can deal a surprising amount of damage. Even if they're only playing, getting hit by a sneak-attack from a Catcoon can mean death if you are at low health.
- Whimsy LOSES 5 sanity from picking flowers, instead of gaining 5 sanity like most characters. This does not apply to things such as ferns, succulents, and cactus flowers. Basically, your average garden-variety flowers (excuse the pun).
- Unfortunately, due to the nature of Whimsy's appearance (and how much I had to change the default character model), Whimsy is COMPLETELY UNABLE TO WEAR CLOTHING SKINS. It was necessary to add this, otherwise she would look REALLY broken in them. However, I will soon be creating custom skins for her, which will add some variety to her. In the meantime, I apologize for the lack of customization.
Cool stuff in this mod:
+ A whole new character to play as (obviously).
+ TONS of custom dialogue lines written just for Whimsy!
+ High-Quality character art!
+ Custom minimap icons, select screen portraits, and save slot portraits!
+ Entirely new speech sounds!
Tips and Tricks for using Whimsy Effectively:
Here are some things to know about Whimsy that will help you while playing:
- Whimsy cannot hold tools, which means she is completely reliant on other characters for things like wood, stone, and other resources that normally require tools to obtain. This means she will need other characters to get these things for her. She cannot even hold torches or lanterns, so she has to rely on other characters to produce a mobile light source for her.
- Whimsy does not eat food, but she does still have inventory space. When playing as Whimsy, you can be used effectively as extra storage space for other players, sort of like Chester. When Wolfgang or Wickerbottom can't hold any more items, consider giving them to the walking sanity factory behind them for future use. Since she's too weak to work or fight, she may as well make herself useful SOMEHOW.
- In PvP, you are obviously at a disadvantage strength-wise. However, you are much faster than most characters, effectively running at around cane-equipped speed. Use your speed to get away from attackers. However, if THAT doesn't work, maybe consider bribing your enemies with the sanity bonus you give? Make them see that it's more beneficial to them to have you alive than dead, and try to make an alliance.
- Since Whimsy relies heavily on the daylight, she is at a HUGE disadvantage when in caves. This makes it much harder to stay in caves for extended periods of time, as sunlight is the ONLY way to restore her hunger. Consider giving her a Belt of Hunger if you plan on staying in the caves for a while. While she cannot stay in caves for long, she DOES provide a large sanity aura capable of negating the darkness, which is very advantageous for certain characters.
Thank you all so much, and have fun!
Steam Workshop Download Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=948428940
By DanielanceThe protagonist from OneShot in Don't Starve Together.
"Little Cat Feet" For the creation of Oneshot and Niko
Guitre for the first image
Extended Sample Character by Dragon Wolf Leo
Israphel wrote a large majority of the dialogue.
<default>'s Soldier mod for the (former) coding for Item skins
Singleplayer version: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1290822720
By DanielanceThe fluffy prince from Deltarune in Don't Starve Together.
This mod has many config options, you can use them to adjust the mod your liking.
A skin has been added, it's in bottom the dress tab
Toby Fox for Deltarune and Ralsei
Dragon Wolf Leo for Extended Sample Character
FuzzyIggyPoyo for mod testing
Leonardo Coxington for nightvision code from Playable Pets mod
Waloogi686869 for ideas and general assistance
ZupaleX for initial damage modifier creation
IronHunter for the modification of the damage modifier
DudeDude for the Starver's Carol midi used as a base to make Ralsei's carol
"Determination" Font used in description created by Haley Wakamatsu
The people in the steam discussions for pointing out issues and suggesting changes
By PsycosisThis is a collection of 'mystery kids' for Don't Starve. The download features all four characters made for this collection.
Dipper Pines (Gravity Falls)
Mabel Pines (Gravity Falls)
Coraline Jones (Coraline)
Norman Babcock (Paranorman)
By DanielanceThe cat maids from Nekopara in Don't Starve Together.
Dragon Wolf Leo for Extended Sample Character
NEKO WORKs for Nekopara and the creation of Chocola and Vanilla
steam ver: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1689653317
The Ice King from „Adventure Time“ for DST.
What is new in update 1.1.5?
Sanity drain -2/10 sec.
Health gain +4/10 sec.
1 damage point
sanity change to 100
gain sanity near pengulls
fast gain sanity near females
gain health near females
females fast drain sanity near ice king
This is a mod to cosplay the Ice King from „Adventure Time“.
I try to make him close to the original.
That could make him that he is not easy to play or overpowered in some areas.
He loves Pengulls and (to kidnapped) princesses and he is very hungry.
He needs the "One Man Band" to infatuate the ladys.
He need the crown to survive.
Has a fragile mind.
Start Item: Ice Fingers
Start Item: One Man Band
Start Item: Crown
Has magical ice powers
gain sanity near pengulls
fast gain sanity near females
gain health near females
females fast drain sanity near ice king
The idea is that he is doing well so it near penguins and women must be.
Invisible clothes, why? Look:
He looks so cool and sexy with the crown.
Demage reduction 60%
Sanity drain -2/10 sec.
Health gain +4/10 sec.
Without the crown, he can not survive for long, so he needs them.
However, it also makes for what he is, the crazy Ice King.
"...This magic keeps me alive, but it's making me crazy..."
"...I swear it wasn't me, it was the crown..."
1 damage point
His magical ice powers to freeze princesses and other stuff.
To Do List
Fix arm animation
Gunter (like chester) update paused because I haven't enough time and ideas.
Ice King Character mod for DST at steam:
By DanielanceYoung punks... Get off my lawn!
Dragon Wolf Leo for Extended Sample Character
Blizzard for Overwatch and Soldier: 76
By ismakenjiHere she is! Popuko from the new series Pop Bob Team Epic!
Are you ready to dance the Eisai Haramasukoi with her?
Hunger: 150 Hits harder than the average, because she is popuko and f*** you (deals 25% more damage than Wilson) All her dancing training makes her a bit faster! She loves to hit monsters, so she gains a bit of sanity each time she hits something. Beef or chicken? She starts with some beef and some chicken, thats it. Ah, yes, she also starts with a hammer so she can end your life in 30 minutes from now. She has custom voice lines from the anime! Popuko gains sanity each time a player near her gets hit, they deserved it. 1.1.1 - New Perk!
Now Popuko gains sanity each time a player near her gets hit! (The same amount she gains if she hits something)
I wanted to explore this for a while, and thanks to klei's forum (specially ShinyMoogle, thanks a lot) Popuko It's better than ever!
Future plans: Make Pipimi (maybe?) Any idea to make Popuko better? Tell me! This is my first mod so, I hope you like it!
If you like this mod, don't forget to give it a thumbs up! It really helps.
And now 帰りなさい! You can download it from Steam Workshop Here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1342814716
Three kitty character pack! RoG compatible! Adorable custom sounds!
WISP: the Stray -
Health - 100
Hunger - 100 (drains somewhat slowly)
Sanity - 150 (drains slow at night)
She's a fighter and has the attack speed and damage to show for it! She's also not too picky about the food she eats and can eat monster meat no prob.
WYNTER: the Longhair -
Health - 250
Hunger - 300
Sanity - 100
Slooow, but strong. Has a super thick coat of hair to keep her extra warm (with three sprites for each level of growth after shaven)
WEI: the Housecat -
Health - 75
Hunger - 150
Sanity - 25
Has 'nightvision', so he's never REALLY in the dark, but is neurotic and paranoid, so he has pitiful sanity, anyway, but comes a little prepared for trouble. Weak but very fast. Can't stand stale food!
- They all have a shavable coat of fur that grows back over time. Winter has loads of fur, Wisp has a good amount, Wei has basically nothing. Winter starts out with a full coat, Wisp and Wei still need to grow theirs out on new game start.
- As cats, they're all supercarnivores, which means they eat almost solely meat. They'll eat cooked meals with meats and non-meats in them, but won't eat just berries or corn or things of the like, so get hunting!
-Each have their own unique sounds and dialogue! Note: there are a couple of lines of dialogue that aren't meows (like when you click on a gravestone) because they simply weren't in the standard speech file and I need to go hunt for them to change them :U
-Future plans will likely add a handful of craft-able items, most of which are to be determined.
-If anyone has any thoughts or ideas on balancing or other additions, feel free to voice them! Irrelevant of whether or not I add any suggestions, I'll still take them into consideration and they may affect changes I add later
-I've been told that eating monster meat without penalty simply doesn't work in the base game, only with RoG, but you can still eat stale food without problem with Wisp.
-Sounds courtesy of www.freesound.org
-Super duper thanks to everyone that helped me find stupid errors and code that I didn't know. <3
By scudCriminal Girls Character Set.
*This pack comes with 7 characters from the game Criminal Girls for psp.
*The background pics are kind of "nsfw +18".
*Each one have perks.
*None of them have custom face animations.
Wilson 2.0 is a character for personal use. Feel free to use this character and give feedback.
- More Health
- More damage
- Maxwell powers (Soon)
- Added a new character: Ezio.
- Ezio has 300 maximum sanity.
- Ezio runs faster.
- Ezio gives a higher damage.
- Where's the Sword of Altair?
- Unpack files into mod directory.
- Open your game, find the MOD button and click on it.
- Enable the mod Ezio.
Plz discuss here.
By AmaLeeHowdy! AmaLee here to present to you a playable character mod for Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together; Maxwell's assistant, Charlie!
(If you're not sure who Charlie is, may I perhaps persuade you to take a look at the William Carter Puzzles?)
This description is for all the basic stuff. I'll provide a few more tidbits on the forum thread you can find here.
Currently, I have her uploaded to Steam Workshop here:
How this mod was possible:
Charlie was made with the Extended Sample Character Mod provided by Dleowolf!
TheDanaAddams' tutorial was also a big help in some of the scripting processes that need to be done to get her perks to work.
The text for her name in her big portrait for DST was graciously given by Jeff Agala over on tumblr, which may be found here!
Thanks to The Noon Fish and Dryicefox for helping me out with her ghost and sounds!
Basic information on the mod:
Charlie's character design was based on the designs seen in 8th William Carter Puzzle. Currently, she has two different "perks": her sanity is drained at a higher rate (x1.25) and her damage updates depending on the time of day. Currently, the rates are as follows:
This should apply to all equippable weapons, as well as disarmed damage.
Charlie has custom sounds available (meaning she gets her own voice!) in Don't Starve AND Don't Starve Together! Unfortunately, there is a problem with Steam Workshop where custom character mods with custom sound won't get added into the mod lists of players who are subscribed to said mod. So! Charlie with custom sound will only be available here. Please make sure when playing DST that all of your party has the same version of the mod! Sorry for the inconvenience!
(Note: This character will be differentiated from the custom-soundless one as "Charlie (Sound)")
Thank you for checking out my mod! May all of your adventures be gruesome, and if you have any suggestions, please visit the thread linked above!
By K1NGT1GER609Warning this mod uses some language and graphic quotes, if you do not approve then don't download.
You play as the whaler from dishonored (after the events anyway) who's taking a chance to make as much gold as he can before his powers fade away forever. More lore here that's being overlooked and you really just want to just jump to his stats and abilities (jeeze I spent over a month working on this man).
+You have access to 8 different powers that give you the edge over your enemies and frankly your fellow players.
~Many powers require the Prestihatitator for the first tier of upgrades and the shadow manipulator for the second tier
-Your powers run off of sanity, so once you reach below 100 sanity you can't use them anymore
-You start off with 100 hitpoints and won't last long in combat
-HUGE DISADVANTAGE: You prefer to be lightweight and fast, thus you reject many armors, weapons, headwear, and statue parts to carry or wield. Limiting your choices severely! (Its recommended to be experienced in order to survive)
-You didn't get here by normal means, and the (dst) world knows that. Once you die the world will get rid of you and return you the character select screen without the whaler being an option. Your mission is a high reward and high risk afterall, you could restart the server and rollback but if you die a lot this disadvantage will get to you. (This disadvantage also makes death meaningful again).
Health: 100 -> max 140
Sanity: 300 -> max 360
Notes: The mod will conflict with anything trying to tell health of mobs as the summoned assassin's aren't in their recorded lists. Strangely the game crashes upon closing it down but there's no error in the report, whether this is concerning is unknown as the game has no problems starting up and loading the character.
it is recommended to add this mod for maximum use of all items:
Updates: Unknown at this time.
Refer to the discussions links below for more info:
Will this mod be on don...*covers your mouth* Let me make it clear that I'm not going to waste my time on the single player due to the pushback on the stalker mod and quite frankly that game's player base is dwindling more and more. I could say more negative reasons but I'll hold back.
Also checkout Mindmaster's mod:
My other work:
Special thanks once more to mr Saval for the artwork, mindmaster for ai experimentation, Arkane Studios for the character and music, and thanks from the musha mod that inspired some of the code.
By DanielanceThe personified Vocaloid software in Don't Starve Together.
The creators of this character
Dragon Wolf Leo for Extended Sample Character
Stat change concepts by Mistor Love and Lolabuns