Feb 12 Update - Insanity!

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Avarice

Avarice

• 404 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

Roll on the Winter update!

And watch it get nerfed with a hotfix 24 hours later!

#2 Moonkis

Moonkis

• 375 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:44 AM

In a totally not related to my post about the insanity but why is everyone waiting for the Winter-update to be "The One Patch" that will fix it all? It's quite interesting because most likely it's not going to be, people hype over it FAR to much.

#3 _Q_

_Q_
  • Dark Power

• 2143 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:52 AM

In a totally not related to my post about the insanity but why is everyone waiting for the Winter-update to be "The One Patch" that will fix it all? It's quite interesting because most likely it's not going to be, people hype over it FAR to much.

It wont be, and the "I died and now I don't like this game" crowd is more vocal than ever.

Just one more fight about a lot of things
And I will give up everything
To be on my own again, free again
Yeah, this time I'ma let it all come out
This time I'ma stand up and shout
I'ma do things my way
It's my way, my way or the highway

#4 Left2Starve

Left2Starve

• 104 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:21 AM

The sanity update was a great one, the people on the forum went crazy on a puzzle that said almost nothing, I never saw anything like that before. BUT, the sanity mechanic needs a re-work, nothing big, but it needs to be a every day problem like fatigue is. Look at my suggestion here: http://forums.kleien...ment-suggestion

#5 Dr.Cox

Dr.Cox

• 113 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:43 AM

So totally going to transfer souls with Wilson.

''Don't let the darkness hug you.
Or I will get you.''

#6 k4limas

k4limas

• 27 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:03 AM

Tried to get 0 insanity in an "empty" game. Better not try it guys.

#7 ArcticFox789

ArcticFox789
  • Biasphant

• 2368 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:48 AM

And watch it get nerfed with a hotfix 24 hours later!

I hope not. Sanity did need some tuning though.

Steam | U&A

#VoteOfficialMarriageThread4ThreadoftheYear2014

#8 GamingGorman

GamingGorman

• 168 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:12 AM

Yeah as it stands, to get the uncompromising survival bits it looks like were gonna have to turn to mods.

#9 Moonkis

Moonkis

• 375 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:15 AM

I for one have faith in the devs, the final product is a couple of months away ( not released but "final" ) which is 6+ month away, so they have time.With that said, I like how Kevin snapped a bit, it was fun to see his more ... tired side.

#10 Starvation

Starvation

• 268 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

Do you get insane from this update? ;)PS: if it was supposed to be a secret, I think the title kind of gave it away, just saying.....

#11 kfk

kfk

• 14 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:30 PM

It wont be, and the "I died and now I don't like this game" crowd is more vocal than ever.

We really need to get the interest of the Dark Souls community. They knew how to deal with those people.

#12 _Q_

_Q_
  • Dark Power

• 2143 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

At last, I can farm for nightmare fuel without dying:PAlso shadow armor could use some buff it brakes faster than log suit and is much more expensive.

Just one more fight about a lot of things
And I will give up everything
To be on my own again, free again
Yeah, this time I'ma let it all come out
This time I'ma stand up and shout
I'ma do things my way
It's my way, my way or the highway

#13 Tomily

Tomily

• 118 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

At last, I can farm for nightmare fuel without dying:P Also shadow armor could use some buff it brakes faster than log suit and is much more expensive.

I don't think it needs a buff. Logsuit just reduce the amount of damage that you receive, while the night armor absorb all the damage. Even having a downside (sanity) it's not that big of a deal. I mean, taffy is really cheap.
sory bed engilsh :ambivalence:

#14 pyromaniac

pyromaniac

• 115 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

Adventure mode looks nice, had a big smile on my face when I saw the pig villages will berries and carrots farm. Insanity is cool.ABSOLUTELY HATE HAVING TO RESEARCH EVERYTHING EVERYTIME. TOO MUCH GRIND.

#15 MrZorki

MrZorki

• 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

This game is amazing already, and it just keeps getting better, love what you guys are doing

#16 asix79

asix79

• 21 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

We really need to get the interest of the Dark Souls community. They knew how to deal with those people.

There are reasons why games like Dark Souls and The Binding of Isaac remain as some of the most popular games on Twitch.tv. Are these games punishing when mistakes are made? Absolutely. Do the developers apologize for the difficulty? No. Are the mechanics made clear through experience? Yes. Does finishing each game feel like an accomplishment? Wholeheartedly, yes.

The developers of Don't Starve need to set forth clear intentions for each mode of the game, and be willing not to be deterred from that vision. Do they intend a casual experience, one that encourages one, or maybe, two playthroughs? Do the developers intend to create an experience with infinite replayability, one in which frustration and accomplishment go hand-in-hand? Some combination of the two? There is no judgment. It's all just a matter of perspective.

Personally, when I play Isaac, do I sometimes get frustrated? Totally. What am I frustrated by? Not the game, certainly. It's that I knew I made mistakes. After taking a break, I always try again, trying to get one floor further. I want to have this same kind of experience with Don't Starve. I've made this suggestion, and I hope the developers find it helpful.

Edited by asix79, 17 February 2013 - 07:53 PM.

#17 Palpetinus

Palpetinus
  • i report u

• 4404 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

Adventure mode looks nice, had a big smile on my face when I saw the pig villages will berries and carrots farm. Insanity is cool. ABSOLUTELY HATE HAVING TO RESEARCH EVERYTHING EVERYTIME. TOO MUCH GRIND.

...Grind? O.o You just need the materials you would normally need, but you stand next to a science machine. I don't see any grind here.
Feel free to correct me if you should find me writing hogwash.

No, I'm not a mod, my smartassing and huge post count is pure coincidence!

#18 fear_town

fear_town

• 171 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

Adventure mode looks nice, had a big smile on my face when I saw the pig villages will berries and carrots farm. Insanity is cool. ABSOLUTELY HATE HAVING TO RESEARCH EVERYTHING EVERYTIME. TOO MUCH GRIND.

...Grind? O.o You just need the materials you would normally need, but you stand next to a science machine. I don't see any grind here.

There is no pleasing some people.. Don't try.. It will drive you to insanity that can't be remedied with any amount of taffy.
"If I cared about what you do on the weekend I'd stick a shotgun in my mouth and pull the trigger with my toes." -Malory Archer
"I guess that don't leave me with no choice but be a mature *** adult about dis ****, I'm workin' on mah temper. But know, THAT I STRONGLY DISAGREE WITH DIS!" -Lance Reddick on Always Sunny
"80% of your complaints come from 20% of your customers." - http://en.wikipedia....areto_principle :nomultipl:

#19 Palpetinus

Palpetinus
  • i report u

• 4404 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

There is no pleasing some people.. Don't try.. It will drive you to insanity that can't be remedied with any amount of taffy.

Nah, not insanity. Just pure hatred toward certain people.
Feel free to correct me if you should find me writing hogwash.

No, I'm not a mod, my smartassing and huge post count is pure coincidence!

#20 fear_town

fear_town

• 171 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

I absolutely agree.. But I was trying to be kind.. Considering I can't say certain words in signature or posts.. ;)
"If I cared about what you do on the weekend I'd stick a shotgun in my mouth and pull the trigger with my toes." -Malory Archer
"I guess that don't leave me with no choice but be a mature *** adult about dis ****, I'm workin' on mah temper. But know, THAT I STRONGLY DISAGREE WITH DIS!" -Lance Reddick on Always Sunny
"80% of your complaints come from 20% of your customers." - http://en.wikipedia....areto_principle :nomultipl: