Oxygen Not Included Early Access - Available Now!

• Developer

It's Here!

Oxygen Not Included Early Access Now Available

Hi gang! It's May 18th and that means it's time for the official Early Access release of Oxygen Not Included!

As we exit our Alpha period we'd like to give a big huge thank-you to everyone who tested, streamed, told friends about or just downright played our game. The response we received was overwhelming and on a much bigger scope than we had anticipated, and we couldn't be more grateful for it. Thank-you thank-you thank-you!

Since then we've been busy updating and expanding, and are happy to say that Oxygen Not Included has seen the implementation of tons of new buildings, resources, overlays and systems since our pre-release back in February, thanks in large part to your feedback... and it's only going to get bigger! Our current plan is to fully support OSX in the near future, and continue building and developing well into 2018.

The Early Access of Oxygen Not Included is now available on Steam for $24.99. Players who own an existing Klei game on Steam will receive a 20% loyalty discount when buying the game, and if you bought the Oxygen Not Included Alpha, you won't have to buy it at all! You already own it.

noo2.gif

Agricultural Upgrade

We mentioned in our last post that a new Agricultural Upgrade was in the works and would be launching alongside Early Access; well, here it is!

This update has focused mainly on the introduction of new farming systems, making them more complex and rewarding. These changes should require you to be more attentive to your crops and expend more resources in order to raise them, but ultimately allow you to reap the most benefit from their harvests.

Farming Features

• New Items, Buildings and Recipes: Discover new plants, buildings and yummy cooking recipes. Farm food and flavour-enhancing spices, then cook them into culinary delights for your Duplicants to enjoy.
  • Improved Crop Tending: Build pipe systems and irrigate your crops using new farm plots. Monitor pressure, temperature, fertilization and irrigation to keep your crops happy and healthy.
  • New Farming Systems: The Harvest Rating Point system now allows you to increase the yield of your harvest by meeting ideal growing conditions for crops. Reach 100 Harvest Rating and your plants will yield tons of extra kcal and new seeds for farm expansion.
  • Consumables Screen: Control your colony's eating habits with the new Consumables Screen. Dupes now have Food Quality Expectations, so try to feed them foods they like!

And hey, farming's not all that's new. We've also been adding new avenues for players to generate power and manage the day-to-day tasks within their colonies.

Some of these new features include:

• Power Control: Manage your power systems more effectively and prevent overloads and meltdowns with the new Power Transformer
  • New Energy Source: Natural Gas Geysers have tons of power to harness using the Natural Gas Generator, so long as you don't mind the smell.
  • Hydro and Atmo Switches: Automate your systems with pressure-detecting liquid and gas switches.
  • Quality of Life Improvements:

• Storage and Planter Copy Settings: Cut down on time spent setting storage filters and planting seeds by copying & painting filter settings.

• Breaktimes: No more assigning Dupes to Massage Tables with the new Breaktime Policy screen. Set the stress levels at which they should stop working with the Max Stress slider, then tell them when they should get back to work with Min Stress.

• Default Job Restrictions: Use the Default column of the Jobs Screen to set job restrictions for new Dupes. Newly printed Dupes will come out with these settings already assigned.

• Steam Workshop Language Packs: Subscribe to different fan made translations to play Oxygen Not Included in the language of your choice.

• Framerate improvement, reduced load times, UI changes & more

• Screenshot Mode: Alt-S will now allow you to enter screenshot mode. Zoom out and take a picture of your entire base, then show it to all your friends.

Finally, we've added a handful of new traits and stress responses to Duplicant behaviour to give them new ways to react to stress.

• Say hello to Binge Eater and Ugly Crier Dupes!
crybabyo2.gif

Don't worry, he's crying for joy. Probably.

A big thank you once again to everyone who played, tested or supported the game! Your feedback has been such a huge help to us and we look forward to hearing more from you throughout Early Access.

See you all in space!

Full Patch Notes

F.A.Q. 

Spoiler

What are the system requirements?
Specs are likely to change, but currently these are the requirements we have. It is highly recommended that you do not purchase if you aren't over this spec as we may have to raise the spec in the future. 

• OS: Windows 7 64 bit or Windows 8 64 bit or Windows 10 64 bit
  • Processor: I5 2.0 GHz Dual core(or AMD equivalent)
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Intel HD 4600 (AMD or NVIDIA equivalent)
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 1.5 GB available space

I bought Oxygen Not Included when it was in Alpha, will I need to buy it again?
Nope!

Did I hear something about a loyalty discount?
Yep! Players who own any existing Klei game on Steam will get a 20% discount when purchasing the Oxygen Not Included EA.

How often can we expect new updates while you're in EA?
Improvements and bug fixes are regularly coming out every few weeks. When we're getting ready to release a batch of new content, we'll let you know!

Will there be OSX/Linux support?

OSX support is coming soon available now! We plan on adding Linux support at a later date.

What about other platforms(consoles/mobile)?
There are no plans to support any other platforms at this time.

I found a bug/have a suggestion. What should I do?
Come let us know about it on the forums!

Will there be multiplayer?
There are currently no plans to add multiplayer.

Can I get some cool art for my desktop background?
Here you go

• Like 17

Congratulation!

And nice video.

Oxygen Not Included is an a-mei-zing game.

It's been a long time since I enjoy base building game. Thanks!

Edited by Zervo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheerio said:

Natural Gas Geysers have tons of power to harness using the Natural Gas Generator, so long as you don't mind the smell.

But natural gas doesn't actually smell like anything by itself

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Is that in dollars? Some other currencies ended up with differing prices.

In euro. But if you were talking about dollars then 24.99 USD is 22.44 Euro and 20% of 22.44 is 4.488 which means I should see 17.95 (or at least 17.99) and I don't so what's up with it? Or people who own DST don't get discount ;)

• Developer
2 minutes ago, Jinxter said:

In euro. But if you were talking about dollars then 24.99 USD is 22.44 Euro and 20% of 22.44 is 4.488 which means I should see 17.95 (or at least 17.99) and I don't so what's up with it? Or people who own DST don't get discount ;)

It's probably a problem over at Steam, though let's hope they (or Klei, if it's their fault) can fix this soon

Just now, ImDaMisterL said:

It's probably a problem over at Steam, though let's hope they (or Klei, if it's their fault) can fix this soon

The only explanation is I didn't get a discount even tho I own DST. Ohh well I am still putting together money so I can wait.

1 hour ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Tfw that dupe looks strangely a lot like me, except they have no glasses.

Unless they lost them and that's why they're crying

But they're possibly crying tears of joy, what if it's the painting?...Okay I'll leave and stop getting off topic. =p

Edited by GiddyGuy
OFF

I really like/dislike how the dev's show our problem with the thermo update, that the geysers are beasts and flooded many bases.:D

I really think... with the first posts about outbursting water like mountains, the Dev's laughed a lot ... the sadistic little thingys! ^-^

52 minutes ago, indie_bindie said:

it's the 21st now and my oni is still on the thermal upgrade, how can I get the agricultural upgrade?

You're not still running on thermal_upgrade beta branch in Steam properties still are you? Select None for Beta opt ins.

how do you update to this ? my games has updated the hotfixes etc but not to agriculture update , the thermal one i found on the forums to download , this one i cannot find anywhere and the new features are not in my game?am i missing something , its not fantastically clear

EDIT: ignore that its working i was subscribed to archive beta in steam properties

Edited by jimmyp1979

On 05/18/2017 at 0:06 PM, 656379_1452791410 said:

I really like/dislike how the dev's show our problem with the thermo update, that the geysers are beasts and flooded many bases.:D

I really think... with the first posts about outbursting water like mountains, the Dev's laughed a lot ... the sadistic little thingys! ^-^

i think geezers should have a digestion period at the game start to give the old farts time to warm up the bagpipes Xp~~~~ :D

• Like 1