Ladies and gentlemen,

with the Year of the Gobbler update, I was enlightened. Subjected to epiphany. Saw the light. WE NEED TO GET GOBBLERS TO BREED.

These are proud and magnificent creatures with thoughtful eyes and succulent meat. Why shouldn't we be able to breed them the way beefalos and spiders reproduce? Just imagine the waiting after building a pen...

6D44E29C4A098AD0A711BA439FC95F350E00695E

Wait for it...

E4B6BA8F9B9AC364D15BBD0E1893958F3228084FE4B6BA8F9B9AC364D15BBD0E1893958F3228084F

And REJOICE when they go steady!

C634FC1743C6B2D858627C4D6B4BA67F5A9D799E

TL;DR: I would love to have a chance to see the giblets roaming around. No idea about the specifics, but maybe somebody mods this concept.

Regards,

Arlesienne

In all honesty, it was one of the 12 PM thoughts we laughed hysterically over. Still, there would be more fun if numerous mobs bred in some way; we never get to see piglets, mermets, baby voltgoats... Spiders multiply, rockies can be small and grow, tallbirds and beefalos are a thing... The pets ANR introduces give some inspiration.

Just now, SuperDavid said:

I would love more farming aspects added to DST & raising turkeys in a pen would be super neat imo :D!! So, I think this is a great idea :)!

Thank you, still, I know best it's not a real idea yet. @Pasitherus rightfully points out gobblers aren't herd animals. They get out of berrybushes, so they likely nest in them. Even so, they have to breed. What personally mildly annoys me is that only a few species of DST and DS breed at all. With the introduction of fences, gates and pets, I admit I occasionally indulge in getting crazy screenshots of "farms". But it's just a little pastime, nothing I expect Klei to actually introduce (although on the other hand we did get domesticating beefalos).

38 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

Thank you, still, I know best it's not a real idea yet. @Pasitherus rightfully points out gobblers aren't herd animals. They get out of berrybushes, so they likely nest in them. Even so, they have to breed. What personally mildly annoys me is that only a few species of DST and DS breed at all. With the introduction of fences, gates and pets, I admit I occasionally indulge in getting crazy screenshots of "farms". But it's just a little pastime, nothing I expect Klei to actually introduce (although on the other hand we did get domesticating beefalos).

I can see Gobbler babies being implemented like Doydoys. If you're lucky, killed Gobbler drops a Gobbler Egg. Which could be crafted into Gobbler Nest.

That'd work.

On 1/15/2017 at 6:05 PM, Arlesienne said:

Ladies and gentlemen,

with the Year of the Gobbler update, I was enlightened. Subjected to epiphany. Saw the light. WE NEED TO GET GOBBLERS TO BREED.

These are proud and magnificent creatures with thoughtful eyes and succulent meat. Why shouldn't we be able to breed them the way beefalos and spiders reproduce? Just imagine the waiting after building a pen...

Wait for it...

E4B6BA8F9B9AC364D15BBD0E1893958F3228084FE4B6BA8F9B9AC364D15BBD0E1893958F3228084F

TL;DR: I would love to have a chance to see the giblets roaming around. No idea about the specifics, but maybe somebody mods this concept.

Regards,

Arlesienne

If that's possible it would remind me very much like breeding the Doy Doys of Shipwrecked.

15 minutes ago, ViCiOuS-V said:

If that's possible it would remind me very much like breeding the Doy Doys of Shipwrecked.

Gobblers will now drop silly feathers. You can use them to craft silly darts, enemies after being hit by this will panic for a while, screaming in funny way.

On 1/15/2017 at 6:05 PM, Arlesienne said:

Ladies and gentlemen,

Wait for it...

Regards,

Arlesienne

This seems awfully Nostalgic...

Given gobblers are birds, I'm certain there would have to be an egg like @PanAzej suggests - hey, why not make a nest like tallbirds have and the moment you snatch the gobbler in making, every berrybush in the vicinity spawns hostile gobblers. These things are much faster than the player, so imagine the carnage! Beautiful!

25 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

Given gobblers are birds, I'm certain there would have to be an egg like @PanAzej suggests - hey, why not make a nest like tallbirds have and the moment you snatch the gobbler in making, every berrybush in the vicinity spawns hostile gobblers. These things are much faster than the player, so imagine the carnage! Beautiful!

Hm, I remember Gobbler having unused attack animation... So that could be used, I guess.

Because we need hostile Gobblers. Murderous, blood-hungry gobbling beasts.

Let's make Butterflies hostile as well, while we're at it.

Archived