Nimra    458
15 hours ago, minespatch said:

wek and the guardian run.png

Finally my chance to draw Wek. Want to draw Nimra in the future but reading the description, I'd thought I'd tackle the child's time with the pigmen. Went a bit lazy copy pasting the two twice but wanted to make it seem way more full. I understand that the whole thing about him spending time with the hounds but I'd just thought it'd be fun to tackle when he learned how to fight with the brutes. Especially the pigmen than usually stay way more defensive with their work.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Sorry had to get that outta my system, think i may be dead now. *checks pulse* This is the first time anybody has drawn my art!!! This is so great oh my god!!

Also like you i have grown fond of the idea of the pigs, have been writing and rewriting weeks backstory may finally have a finished one soon.

• Like 2

Arlesienne    8,964
20 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Thanks bud. I appreciate the art you did. It's in my fanart book glued in. Going to tackle Ayenth this week. Really hyped in drawing the elf.

I FEEL LOVED!!!

• Like 2

NightWonder7    2,253
On 10.5.2017 at 6:38 AM, minespatch said:

Wilson science class.png

Wilson has a go at teaching a science class. Of only... Two students. Shame there's no other kids but at least he can indoc- "teach" them. Wendy's basically forced but Webber's excited to find ways on making things explode.

Oh, so that's how he was going to combine those! XD From putting a helmet on a dead frog to thermodynamics went fast XD

Also, happy (late) forum anniversary! : DDD 

• Like 2

minespatch    25,695
11 hours ago, NightWonder7 said:
  1. Oh, so that's how he was going to combine those! XD From putting a helmet on a dead frog to thermodynamics went fast XD
  2. Also, happy (late) forum anniversary! : DDD 
  1. Yup, pretty much. Wilson jumping ahead of the curve. Though I don't think a potato will last long with a little rocket science.:wilson_sneaky:
  2. Hope your year-long stay will be just as exciting.:wilson_smile:
  • Like 1

minespatch    25,695
6 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

That's a rather fleshy neck you have :wilson_sneaky::wilson_ecstatic:

You found me out.ariel ID face.png

• Like 3

minespatch    25,695
On 5/15/2017 at 3:21 PM, Ninjanemo said:

Are those stuffed merms? O.o

Ah, sorry. Just caught your comment. No. They're gargoyles:

43406cf85c94907fa309eb34b2c92d74.jpg

On 5/15/2017 at 3:26 PM, MeingroessterFan said:

You look a bit like Guybrush Threepwood if he were a skeleton.

I get that. :wilson_ecstatic:Kind of a awkward person am I. Then again, me and father have a pirate room, so yeah...

• Like 2

DragonMage156    15,428
18 hours ago, minespatch said:

I have a fascination with eyes. It's a thing I've had all my life.

Funny, my mum hates eye balls. Well... the gory kind :?

• Like 1

minespatch    25,695
6 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Funny, my mum hates eye balls. Well... the gory kind :?

A lot of the media I follow have a emphasis on eyes. IT's a ongoing theme.

5 minutes ago, Master Jand said:

Tell me @minespatch, what is the difference between this and catawampus?

I got three threads. Apophenia's for Don't Starve, Aerate's for Oxygen Not Included, and Catawampus are for any not-klei related.

DragonMage156    15,428
19 hours ago, minespatch said:

ariel inspiration hit.png

I forgot to mention I also like this ^_^

I wonder where it'll be used next (or if I'll see it in my art threads in the future :p )

• Like 1

minespatch    25,695
2 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

I wonder where it'll be used next (or if I'll see it in my art threads in the future :p )

Well it's a thing now. I'll post it before I screencap a comment.

• Like 1

mewthemew    2,894
On 5/16/2017 at 8:28 PM, minespatch said:

warly bearger burger.png

You have made this mew a very happy one. 

And yeah, Warly's kind of hard to draw for for some reason.

• Like 2

Arlesienne    8,964
On 05/25/2017 at 1:13 PM, minespatch said:

moloman moosegoose cult.png

Finally got Moloman's reply done. I just couldn't help but see the Moosegoose and brood looking like they came out of Kubrick's Eyes Wide Shut when I read the word "cult".

wendy evil flower garland.png

My mind came to the conclusion that she'd want to make a garland of evil flowers. Wilson's perturbed by the lack of danger she feels from a dangerous act.

uncovering a sexyleg bird next.png

ANOTHER one I wanted to finish as soon as possible. Just the idea of baby smallbirds walking around with chubby sexylegs like the parents just made me eager to draw.

charlie skin magazine.png

Something the was only intended to be one drawing turned into a eight panel comic. Giving me a chance to toy around with unimplemented skins, having Creepy Wendy crash into a tree, and Charlie poking fun at the Rose skins meme.

catness chapter 1 text script.png

catnesschapter1page1script.pngcatnesschapter1page2script.pngcatnesschapter1page3script.pngcatnesschapter1page4script.pngcatnesschapter1page5script.pngcatnesschapter1page6script.png

AND here's the first chapter's storyboards. I won't touch chapter two until Catness states on what they'd like changed on my storyboards before I continue. This is their writing so I intend to be as faithful to the person's vision as much as possible.

Wilson combats Howard's hammer.png

Something based on a youtube comment I saw last week. Immediately pictured Wilson saying it.

20170525p1-SuperWX.png

My final WX kaiju movie crossover. Just wanted to get Wilson, Charlie, and Wolfgang a chance to be visible while tackling Deerclops again.
The kanji says: Protecting the future from weird butt giants.

20170525p2-Filmmaker case page 1.png

First page of the thirteen page Filmmaker comic. Thanks to my father's drafting, the final product is way more organized. I really appreciate his help. Still a tad frustrated with how Maxwell and Charlie came out in panel 1. Had to draw really really tiny but hopefully they came out fine.

ariel draw all the things.pngfive-months-later.jpgariel art crash.png

Something I wanted to draw out quickly. Just the phrase and meme went through my head. Reused another reaction image to basically show my process of the week. Just like how Matt Stone and Trey Parker have crashing days.

Obliviously stealing Wilsons thulecite.png

Another idea I wanted to tackle so I could print out the amulet and glue it in my reference book after I was done. Just the idea of skeledork obliviously taking Wilson's thulecite without asking is something  that's horrible and I wouldn't be surprised if users on DST have similar stories.
I have a fascination with eyes. It's a thing I've had all my life.

Manstroll wants to contribute to pig society.png

Kind of inspired by a conversation I had with my father while discussing the Don't Starve comic he drew where Wilson and MAxwell meet the pig king. He asked me how did the king speak and I explained something similar to Manstroll from the webcomic we work on.
The phrase made me immediately want to draw Manstroll as a Guardian pig while the actual pigs look at the cosplayer in horror. Wondering what is going in that pea-sized mind of his.

ariel inspiration hit.png

To end it off, another reaction. Basically %50 of the time when I see a post on the forums. You guys are just inspiration-fuel.

Piggies, WX, comics, Charlie, oh my! Spoiling us rotten, you awesome person, you :hug:.

On 05/17/2017 at 2:28 AM, minespatch said:

Wilson the life model unintentionally.png

One of the people over at the Wilson arts council during the April meeting was watching me doing art at the time, so he started doodling up as well. He gave me the napkin and I wanted to redraw it Don't Starve style.

Gave me a chance to draw a beemine.

build a chester.png

In the unimplemented TF2 Pyro mod, they had a balloonicorn Chester. My apophenia kicked, thinking of how Build-a-bear makes those MLP dolls so I tackled a Twilight Sparkle Chester and have the kids being kids. Abigail's not to fond of Webber's hyperness.

Varg tzu philosophy.png

A meme I saw on facebook. Thought it was cute and wanted to translate it to a Vargling cosplaying Rawling. The idea was too cute to pass up.

Rebeltaxi spots starving lolis.png

One of my ideas I wanted to get out of my head. Rebeltaxi of panpizza cartoon reviewing fame doing what  50% Wendy players tend to do(from what I've seen on the DST threads at least). It's his catchphrase too.

giving dignity to a boon.png

Another one I wanted to tackle. I feel bad for those boons where their butts are sticking out from the ground. Decided to give one dignity.

warly bearger burger.png

If you haven't noticed the theme of last week, IT was mainly concepts I wanted to get over with. I'll try to tackle some reply pics this week but just... Bearger Burger. That aliteration had to be drawn. Warly is still acting weird in my work and I feel bad.:wilson_ecstatic:

ayneths coffee strikes back.png

There was a piece I was intending to tackle last week of Ayenth and the rpg gang playing D&D in the wilds of the island but I went with the other concept I wanted to tackle where Ayenth just starts to realize what's in his specialty coffee. Also just to draw that simple mug. IT's nice.

wendy and webber graverobbing glee.png

Hearing that one line from the new episode of Yugioh Abridged just made me want to tackle it just because it sounded like someting Wendy would say. With the addition of Webber, it's another episode of the creepy kids corner(Co starring adoptive stressed father Wilson). Again with him dealing with them disturbing him while he's treasure finding.

20170516-Lost House on the LEft pg 4.png

FINALLY! A big reason for why I haven't been talking on the forums for three days(besides a big comission). It's the fourth page of my father's comic. Had to fix Wilson's mouth and such and my father gave me permission to add my portraits to the comic. Figure it'd help give a distancing from my father's work.

filmamker comic father script 2.png

Some more work from my father. His drafts for the second page of the filmmaker comic. I'll use both to figure out what I want but I really like how he organized my scribbles.

father final act question.png

A question my father wants to ask the devs. I'll put it in its own thread besides adding some William Carter visuals so the devs understand better.
The address is for the filmmaker @Quoth143 designed in the comic I'm making.

Clever father. Got to love sensible questions. Then, Chester and the puppy. Growling! So many goodies. The collection posts make my day.

Finally... coffee.

I FEEL LOVED!!!

• Like 2

Master Jand    867

*sipping hot cocoa*

Is it weird that his 3 art threads, maxwell memes, and other funnies on the klei forums has replaced sunday comics?

• Like 4

minespatch    25,695
15 hours ago, mewthemew said:
  1. You have made this mew a very happy one. 
  2. And yeah, Warly's kind of hard to draw for for some reason.
  1. Eyy not intentional but glad you like my chance to do more Warly stuff. I feel bad I keep making him a odd chef since I'm making him seem more homicidal than his personality is.
  2. It's the head. Being  a cross between Wes and Maxwell as aesthetic and construction go.
12 hours ago, Arlesienne said:
  1. Piggies, WX, comics, Charlie, oh my! Spoiling us rotten, you awesome person, you :hug:.
  2. Clever father. Got to love sensible questions. Then, Chester and the puppy. Growling! So many goodies. The collection posts make my day.
  3. Finally... coffee.
  4. I FEEL LOVED!!!
  1. I can't help it if my mind is overloaded with stuff I want to get done but I don't have the time to scribble them all out. So I'm really glad when I get them done. Pacing is the key. Also get to fill my Don't starve book with printed references after I get my goal done too.
  2. He wouldn't stop pestering me about the question when storyboarding the third page so we did some compromises.
  3. Eyyy, it's a favorite drink of mine too(when it's not messing with my heart).
  4. ariel fweeeeeeeeeeeeiiiind.png
11 hours ago, Master Jand said:
  1. *sipping hot cocoa*
  2. Is it weird that his 3 art threads, maxwell memes, and other funnies on the klei forums has replaced sunday comics?
  1. ariel ID face.pngSooooo... What's your persona?
  2. ariel wink.gifEeeey, thanks man.
  • Like 4

Master Jand    867
Posted (edited)
On 5/26/2017 at 8:03 PM, minespatch said:

Sooooo... What's your persona?

It's changed over the years. My most recent (should I even call it that) quoteunquote 'Persona' which I (used to, I haven't found the pen to my drawing tablet for about 3 months now, and I'm not going to buy another one for 3x the price of the tablet itself) draw my user images and profile pictures and such as is an amalgamation of new and old; My original Posh Victorian persona but... dead. And also there's a parasite sucking stuff out of my head.

However, I'd like to briefly state my personas over the period of time that is my life on the internet:

Spoiler

My childish self! 2008-2010

Dog-Pig-Man-Thing... 2010-2011

Vile Victorian man wearing green waistcoat and brown slacks. 2011-2015

Doll (wearing Tam o' Shanter sometimes) 2015-2016

Corpus Parasiticus (dubbed Raulliss) feeding atop the Vile Victorian head: 2016-present

If you'd like to draw me, don't.

Edited by Master Jand
  • Like 1