Quality of Life Modifiers

I haven't seen a catalog of Quality of Life modifiers in the game or on the forums for the new Expressive Update.  I thought it would be a good idea to get one started.

• Existence:
    • +1 ----- for being a duplicant.
  • Temporary
    • +1 ----- New Hope
  • Basic room benefits:
    • +1 -----  Latrine Room Benefit
    • +1 -----  Bedroom Benefit
    • +3 -----  Mess Hall Room Benefit
  • Food Benefits:
    • -1  ------- food quality -1
    • +0 ------- food quality 0.
    • +1 ------- food quality 1
    • +4 ------- food quality 2
    • +8 ------- food quality 3
    • +12 ----- food quality 4
    • +16 ----- food quality 5
  • Break time rec room activities:
    • +1 ------ Took a break benefit
    • +1 ------ Talked to friends
    • +2 ------ Played video game
    • +2 ------ Danced at Phonobox

With +5 food, the maximum is 28, so you can get the abundant life for tier 6 job holders.

With +4 food, the maximum is 24, which is enough to satisfy the tier 6 dupes, but there is no stress relief from their quality of life.

Without +4 or +5 food, the tier 6 jobs will have lacking quality of life.  To avoid this, you must grow pinchapepper.

Any others?  I think this is complete as of EU-277680.

Also, thank you to all the commenters who enhanced this list.  Specifically, @WanderingKid and @kirani.

From @R9MX4

1.png.82550f5a99fc395df5f542fdd1526b52.png

It should be noted that the decor effecting quality of life is not implemented yet (as of EU-277680).

15 minutes ago, leoroy said:

I though that decor satisfaction was merge with QoL. I didn't try the beta yet since lags seem to be an issue, so if decor doesn't improve QoL, what is it doing? Reducing stress?

They might be planning that, but it isn't implemented.  All they have done so far is make jobs not increase decor expectation.

3 minutes ago, WanderingKid said:

+1 for being a duplicant

Thanks!  I added it.

54 minutes ago, kirani said:

The max I got is 26. Attached is the image with the description. Food [the 5 quality] will give up to 16 points of QoL

Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 21.39.42.png

Food is more complicated than I thought.  I fixed it.  Thank you.

56 minutes ago, blash365 said:

I was actually waiting for @R9MX4 to continue his line with ONI sociology. But it is nice to finally get this thread started.

@R9MX4 is better at this kind of thing than me, so I wouldn't mind if he wanted to make it pretty and easy to read.

It looks like we need pepper bread or bbq to support people with +24 quality of life.  That's annoying.  A second approach is to ignore quality of life and just put down more message tables that are only accessible during break time.  But I bet having 20 less QoL than a dupe wants will be more stressful than missing 1 by the time the patch is done.

36 minutes ago, Zarquan said:

@R9MX4

A second approach is to ignore quality of life and just put down more message tables that are only accessible during break time.

It might change in the future but for now, they do not use massage table during their break. It is a suggestion I sent ton the corresponding forum as I thought it would make sense.

3 hours ago, Zarquan said:

+1 ------ Talked to friends (I think from water cooler)

If you got no water cooler your dupes will meet at the printing pod and talk there.

If your number of dupes is odd you could find a sad and idle dupe

=>"Talked to friends" seems like the only activity right now that requires at least 2 dupes.

59 minutes ago, Yannick Vachon said:

It might change in the future but for now, they do not use massage table during their break. It is a suggestion I sent ton the corresponding forum as I thought it would make sense.

Well, I agree, that is silly.

Can't say that I fully understand these changes.  But, if Décor doesn't help stress levels anymore, then at least

I can redesign my base for more room.  Up until now, I've been using 4 high rooms so that there is space to put

up paintings.  If Décor doesn't matter anymore, then I only need to use 3 high rooms.  And not bother with keeping

things cleaned up, and never take a dupe with the "advantage" of uncultured.

4 minutes ago, Soulwind said:

Can't say that I fully understand these changes.  But, if Décor doesn't help stress levels anymore, then at least I can redesign my base for more room.  Up until now, I've been using 4 high rooms so that there is space to put up paintings.  If Décor doesn't matter anymore, then I only need to use 3 high rooms.  And not bother with keeping things cleaned up, and never take a dupe with the "advantage" of uncultured.

Décor is a different attribute.   Don't think of QOL as a goal, think of it as a modifier to stress.  Décor alone (-20%) has more effect so far in my limited playthrough (working on that) than QOL with all these different values does (+10% for low QOL).

1.png.82550f5a99fc395df5f542fdd1526b52.png
Name Life Quality Duration (cycle)
New Hope 1 3
Nice Bathroom 1 1.1
Mess Hall 3 1.1
Slept In Bedroom 1 1.1
Took a Break 1 1.1
Talked with Friends 1 1.1
Played Video Games 2 3.95
Danced 2 3.95
Ate Awful food for my last meal -1 1.1
Ate Terrible food for my last meal 0 1.1
Ate Poor food for my last meal 1 1.1
Ate Average food for my last meal 4 1.1
Ate Good food for my last meal 8 1.1
Ate Great food for my last meal 12 1.1
Ate Amazing food for my last meal 16 1.1
Recent decor has been downright ugly -1 1.1
Recent decor has been neutral 0 1.1
Recent decor has been okay 1 1.1
Recent decor has been pleasant 3 1.1
Recent decor has been nice 6 1.1
Recent decor has been very attractive 9 1.1
Recent decor has been beautiful 12 1.1

Duplicant                                           1            ∞

What is the point of feeding barbeque then? I mean, it gives them 16 QoL for a bit more than 1 cycle but the calories will last far more than that, which means on those cycles they will have a debuf.

I guess it will be balanced out but as of now, it is not interresting at all to feed better food just to see the bonus not last.

Thanks @R9MX4. I knew you would deliver eventually.

So, our maximum QoL at the moment is 40. 39 if you discard the new hope buff.

Has anybody seen the decor modifier already? Maybe that one isnt hooked up yet.

Just now, Yannick Vachon said:

What is the point of feeding barbeque then? I mean, it gives them 16 QoL for a bit more than 1 cycle but the calories will last far more than that, which means on those cycles they will have a debuf.

I guess it will be balanced out but as of now, it is not interresting at all to feed better food just to see the bonus not last.

That is actually a very good point! The food modifier should last longer depending on the calories.

18 minutes ago, R9MX4 said:

Recent decor has been downright ugly -1 1.1 Recent decor has been neutral 0 1.1 Recent decor has been okay 1 1.1 Recent decor has been pleasant 3 1.1 Recent decor has been nice 6 1.1 Recent decor has been very attractive 9 1.1 Recent decor has been beautiful 12 1.1

When did they add decor to quality of life?  I haven't seen anything like that yet.

47 minutes ago, WanderingKid said:

It's not live.  I've had super high and absolutely miserable decors and it hasn't done anything to QOL.

I can tell that my ranchers must now have stables full of painting, unless you want them to fell miserable.

All other duplicants seems fine except for ranchers...

Archived