[Game Update] - 273597 - The Gorge

• Developer

After barely escaping through the Molten Gateway, our survivors plummet headfirst into the ruins of a sickly city ruled by a ravenous beast. Work together to cook fine dishes and placate the Eternal Gnaw's hunger to avoid the curse of its terrible plague. Cook well enough, and you may even get to go home.

The Gorge is a free limited time 3-player co-op challenge with tons of new skins, emotes, items and more. Your goal is to cook and offer food on the Altar of Gnaw, but you'll need all the cooks in the kitchen to keep it fed, so work together to survive!

We put together a nice little recipe book that you can find over here: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/gorge-recipe-book/

The Gorge begins June 14th and ends July 9th. Console will be coming just a short while after, we'll have details on a more concrete date soon. 

F.A.Q.

What is The Gorge?
The Gorge is a new limited time event that we are creating for Don’t Starve Together. During this time players can earn event themed skins and rewards that are only dropped during the event. 

Yeah, but WHAT is The Gorge?
The Gorge is a free limited time 3-player co-op challenge with tons of new skins, emotes, items and more. Your goal is to cook and offer food on the Altar of Gnaw, but you'll need all the cooks in the kitchen to keep it fed, so work together to survive!

The Gorge is played on official Klei servers that are available only during the event. There are no community hosted servers during this event. 

What else is in The Gorge?
With The Gorge we have added a bunch of new stuff for players to collect. 
New character skins, emotes, item skins and more. In total over 200 items.
New free on-demand dedicated event servers (Gorge Only).
Tons of new main menu UI additions and changes.
Simple Matchmaking with friends / community groups.
Updated drop system (Now 4 items per Chest - Gorge only).
New Item sets available for purchase
More event level progression.
And more!

If I play the regular game during the event, can I still earn skins?
You can. However, with one big difference. All common drops will now reward an event chest that contains Gorge event items. Regular common items will return after the event. 

Is The Gorge free?
Yes! Events are free for everyone who owns DST. Players will have the option to purchase a single character’s Victorian Skin Set for $2.99, or the entire Victorian Skin Set collection for $12.99. We also have a new chest full of 7 awesome Gorge themed items available for $9.99. You can purchase the entire set as a bundle for $19.99. Of course you can always earn these items in the game, or craft them.

We hope that with this mechanism, we can both continue creating great free content while also supporting the development team. In addition, this method of funding allows us to provide content to all our players, instead of splitting the player community if we implemented it with a DLC paywall.

When does the Gorge end? 
The Gorge will last a little over 3 weeks from the time it launches and we ending July 9th. 

Where do I submit feedback and bug reports?
Please submit your bug reports here, and feedback here

View full update

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Klei I have small problem :/ I buy all skins bundle but I didnt receive it ... but the money was taken from paypal. Can its problem with new beta steam?

Okey its steam! Fixed now :)

Edited by Thalkas
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Thalkas said:

Klei I have small problem :/ I buy all skins bundle but I didnt receive it ... but the money was taken from paypal. Can its problem with new beta steam?

Have you checked your steam inventory?

This gamemode is so laggy for me, most servers have 100+ ping and it ends up with the game being 2 players instead of 3 players, because every couple steps I take I become unable to move, it took a good 3 minutes to grab a shovel, with no lag it would have taken like 5 seconds

Is it just me, or are there missing skins form the game? I didn't count that some leaked skins are not in the game (they weren't official, after all), but the following quotes suggest that there should be more skins in the game than what we can see now:

2 hours ago, V2C said:

New character skins, emotes, item skins and more. In total over 200 items.

32 minutes ago, Instant-Noodles said:

The Gorge Event began earlier today and it introduced 125 new skins to the game. 

Also there are no new emotes at all. Is it a bug?

I'd really loved if we would get a few more emotes.

A different thing: I noticed that this time the conversion between $ and € isn't 1:1 thi s time (except for the single character sets), but more realistic, thanks for that!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TaffyMatt said:

This gamemode is so laggy for me, most servers have 100+ ping and it ends up with the game being 2 players instead of 3 players, because every couple steps I take I become unable to move, it took a good 3 minutes to grab a shovel, with no lag it would have taken like 5 seconds

Same. Made an account just to post. Even playing with my wife in the same room is causing us both to lag really bad where we haven’t even completed a single game. Location is SEA btw.

17 hours ago, Quyzbuk said:

Was there some kind of wipe between yesterday and today? I played a couple Gorge matches to get my feet wet and got the Wilson Victorian elegant from the first chest I opened.

Logged back in to play some more of it today, not only was the level wiped back to 1, the items from the two chests I opened, including that elegant, are gone. Nowhere to be found browsing my Steam inventory outside the game either.

beta items stays in beta