[MOD][1.5.9] MaterialColor + OnionPatcher

Just wanted to report that I've had weird issues in the past couple of weeks with the MOD.  It was randomly not coloring objects properly, becoming white.  And I was having all sorts of bugs in the game that I never had before.  It got to a point where I was having red errors on the game screen when loading the file, and eventually my .save wouldn't load anymore, and a Unity file got corrupted: sharedassets2.assets.  I'm not sure it's all related to the MOD, but I uninstalled it for now to be safe.  It might be good to update the MOD when you guys have a chance...

On 11/1/2017 at 12:41 AM, manu_x32 said:

Just wanted to report that I've had weird issues in the past couple of weeks with the MOD.  It was randomly not coloring objects properly, becoming white.  And I was having all sorts of bugs in the game that I never had before.  It got to a point where I was having red errors on the game screen when loading the file, and eventually my .save wouldn't load anymore, and a Unity file got corrupted: sharedassets2.assets.  I'm not sure it's all related to the MOD, but I uninstalled it for now to be safe.  It might be good to update the MOD when you guys have a chance...

The error message about "sharedassets2.assets" being corrupted seems completely harmless, because I've been receiving it since the earliest version of the mod and after removing mod from the game the file mentioned isn't being reported as corrupted anymore. Also I don't mess with these files anyway so it looks like it's a false alarm.

By default you won't see this error because you need to have "debug log enabled" (in Injector) to see this error, unless you check the logs.

It would be cool if you could send me logs of the errors, especially these where you couldn't load the save. They are located in "Mods\Logs" and "OxygenNotIncluded_Data\output_log.txt". It would help greatly to track down any bugs.

Edit: Also about the random not colored (white) buildings, are they specific buildings or building types? Do they turn white at large bases or after a long play? Because I've seen buildings lose they color and I think it's when they get unloaded.

I've not found a fix for that yet, but you should be able to restore their color by re-enabling the color mod from the overlay menu of with shortcut (by default hit Alt+F6 twice).

5 hours ago, Etiam said:

The error message about "sharedassets2.assets" being corrupted seems completely harmless, because I've been receiving it since the earliest version of the mod and after removing mod from the game the file mentioned isn't being reported as corrupted anymore. Also I don't mess with these files anyway so it looks like it's a false alarm.

By default you won't see this error because you need to have "debug log enabled" (in Injector) to see this error, unless you check the logs.

It would be cool if you could send me logs of the errors, especially these where you couldn't load the save. They are located in "Mods\Logs" and "OxygenNotIncluded_Data\output_log.txt". It would help greatly to track down any bugs.

Edit: Also about the random not colored (white) buildings, are they specific buildings or building types? Do they turn white at large bases or after a long play? Because I've seen buildings lose they color and I think it's when they get unloaded.

I've not found a fix for that yet, but you should be able to restore their color by re-enabling the color mod from the overlay menu of with shortcut (by default hit Alt+F6 twice).

Here's one log file I had during that time.  I haven't use the MOD since then.

MaterialColorIssuesOutputLog.txt

When I repaired the corrupted file, all problems disappeared, so I held on using the MOD again. Now testing the new preview branch and there's already enough bugs in it.  ;)

About learning to MOD, I haven't tried to contact you yet on discord.  I'm not sure I will have time to play with modding stuff for a while.  I'll ping you if I get less busy...

12 hours ago, Pi2 said:

what functionality are you refering too? the doors ?

No the material colors. I'm always having to find which part of my walls is abysalite or not. Im about to go to just building insulated walls with abysalite and be done with it just so i have the blocks a different color.

I've been trying to dig a bit in the code but I'm not familiar with csharp sadly. Seems like automation upgrade changed a lot of methods and that MaterialColor (not Onion Patcher, this one still works) is gonna need some overhaul. Any news on that ?

2 hours ago, Neotix said:

Is there any way to disable gasses colors and leave only materials colors?

I'm not sure what do you want to achieve, but you can remove Mods\MaterialColor\Config\ElementColorInfos\02-gas.json and all gases will have a default white color, you can do the same to liquids by removing 01-liquid.json in the same directory.

14 hours ago, Pi2 said:

it didn't work for me, installed fine but game just closes and leaves a crash report

I SHOULD ADD, that I have made lots of changes to my .yaml files and that may be the reason that it's crashing, no one else seems to have the issue that I am having

12 hours ago, Etiam said:

I'm not sure what do you want to achieve,

Gases change color of airflow tails and this is confusing because I don't know if I mixed materials or just some kind of gases change that color. Besides default gasses colors and good enough for me and I only need materials colors from this mod to check if I accidentally mix them.

10 hours ago, Neotix said:

Gases change color of airflow tails and this is confusing because I don't know if I mixed materials or just some kind of gases change that color. Besides default gasses colors and good enough for me and I only need materials colors from this mod to check if I accidentally mix them.

Ok, so delete the files I've mentioned before and all mesh and airflow tiles will have default (vanilla) color.

I've just released version 1.5.1 of the mod. Enjoy! ;)

• Updated for the Tubular Upgrade (It seems to still work on version 1.5 but I've included the new buildings in JSON config files)
  • Fixed coloring of mesh and airflow tiles

@Neotix It should fix your problem :D

Bump.

Added a new feature that extends range of temperature sensor, also some minor improvements.

ExtendedTemperatureSensorRangePreview.thumb.png.076e5cb69f33ed2096a9a42341911cb6.png

Example of temperature switch that is set to trigger below 1000 degrees Celsius (vanilla allows only for up to 200 degrees)

Credit to @Speadge for his suggestion.

Archived