[MOD][1.5.9] MaterialColor + OnionPatcher

20 minutes ago, Etiam said:

I'm really happy the mod continues to work for so long without any updates, despite some minor issues :)

Thank you @magei and @manu_x32 for helping people that wanted to use the mod when I couldn't do it.

@manu_x32 if you code in Unity 3D you should get easily into contributing to the mod if you want and it would be greatly appreciated :). Especially if you do code in C#.

Unfortunately there is no guide to help you other than a guide to successfully build solution on GitHub. Instead of going through the posts on discord you should instead ask me directly on Discord, I'll reply ASAP.

You're welcome!  Yes I code in Unity. My main languages are C# and python, but I know enough C++ to get around if really needed.  I think contributing to the mods in C# should be ok, but diving into the injector magic you guys do in IL, that part I don't anything about.

I'll try to ping you this week...

1 hour ago, Eep said:

OnionPatcher doesn't work with the Oil Upgrade build 236264. See:

Current build is 236679, is there any reason you are on an old one?  I haven't been using the MOD for that long, since around the time they released oil update, but I haven't had any issues with it in all the oil update patches. I had some red errors on load of a map 1 or 2 times in one of the patches but it didn't seem to prevent anything from working.

Have you tried maybe uninstalling and completely removing the mod files, then verifying integrity of game files in steam, then reinstalling the mod from scratch? a computer restart might help too if you haven't done it for a while.  I know it did seem to help ONI at one point for me.  I had not restarted for weeks, discarding the almost daily stupid win10 updates, but ONI was always crashing when quitting the game, or did hang long enough when quitting, that I would kill it. A restart of the machine cured that.

4 minutes ago, SusanMcO said:

I've found I have to reinject with every update.  I don't know if that's normal or not, but it solves the issues  :)

Yes, you're right. With every game update assemblies that were changed by the Injector are replaced by new ones, so reinject is required.

On 2017-10-17 at 8:40 PM, chaos0720 said:

The Material Color mod has always required the use of injector.exe

21 hours ago, Eep said:

So why does using the OnionPatcher NOW require The Material Color??

This one is on me, I asked @Etiam to integrate it together into the MaterialColor kit because (as an opt-in) so you could decide in a modular way which mods to use, and to avoid mod conflicts. In the end, it might be a bit cumbersome, but ultimately it does a lot more good than it hurts.

I have been absolutely swamped with work, and as a result completely forgot to update the original post (I'll do it as soon as I am home), that is my bad and I'm sorry!

9 hours ago, Aisu Kitsune said:

:?Installed all fresh and new, last version of everything. injected and startet game, all ok but if i start a new game and it generates the world. i get thrown out of the game. q.q

Edit: Its on the phase that generates the oxygen or something.:D

Sounds like the world-gen bit got scrambled after the last update.

@Aisu Kitsune Most likely the OnionPatcher part is failing here, as its the only part that modifies the world generation. Basically you have a few options to get around this before I fix that:

• Disable OnionPatcher's options that interfere with world generation in Configurator.exe
    • uncheck "Custom world dimensions"
    • uncheck "Custom seeds"
  • Create new world with the mod pack disabled (Injector.exe -> Restore Backup), then inject again
  • Disable whole OnionPatcher (Configurator.exe -> OnionPatcher -> uncheck "enable")

19 hours ago, ElohmroW said:

I'm trying to run the injector but it just sits in the background processes. Help?

11b828a19915e819cb604dcb77debd45.png

there is one of two things that can cause that, either the program it's self is in the wrong directory (I has to be in the same directory as the ONI exe file) or you installed the new one before the old one, I think the new one is missing some file, so install the old one, I think it's ver 1.2.1 and then the new one over top of it and it should work, that's what I had to do anyway

21 hours ago, Pi2 said:

there is one of two things that can cause that, either the program it's self is in the wrong directory (I has to be in the same directory as the ONI exe file) or you installed the new one before the old one, I think the new one is missing some file, so install the old one, I think it's ver 1.2.1 and then the new one over top of it and it should work, that's what I had to do anyway

So I should download 1.2.1, inject, then inject 1.4.1? I'll try it...

When I do it, if i'm indeed doing it correctly, i'm doing it in this folder:
6f13873d5f9cd8cc40dd3b00b979caad.png.cf8ad9983b80fdcafbfb2ea0adf88407.png

Here are the folders for the mods (1.4.1, then 1.2.1):

a1cf112474b19cdcc1cb40202bda2eed.png.34935a452e4946d55fcd507820637ae1.png

52694ab60304d4d9c74806e8715bd5ce.png.cb4bc29e36e80b9cfa66ce83ae5e5c2c.png

Running the Injector for 1.2.1 does not actually work...
And running 1.4.1 in the correct root directory gives the same result... ??

26 minutes ago, ElohmroW said:

When I do it, if i'm indeed doing it correctly, i'm doing it in this folder:
6f13873d5f9cd8cc40dd3b00b979caad.png.cf8ad9983b80fdcafbfb2ea0adf88407.png

Here are the folders for the mods (1.4.1, then 1.2.1):

a1cf112474b19cdcc1cb40202bda2eed.png.34935a452e4946d55fcd507820637ae1.png

52694ab60304d4d9c74806e8715bd5ce.png.cb4bc29e36e80b9cfa66ce83ae5e5c2c.png

Running the Injector for 1.2.1 does not actually work...
And running 1.4.1 in the correct root directory gives the same result... ??

It looks like you have the mod sitting in a subfolder, you need its files directly beside the ONI exe, like this:

image.png.6593932519b44d782aa70b480c9d35a3.png

Archived