[MOD][1.5.9] MaterialColor + OnionPatcher

1 hour ago, adrilahuri said:

Partially broken since "occupational upgrade", completly broken with "ranching upgrade" preview.
I can't play ONI anymore without the gas overlay and without the materials colors. The customizable temp overlay was nice too.
I still hope for an update

Materials coloring is still working for me, thankfully, but the gas overlay is not working on the preview branch. I'm sad.

If nothing else, I wish they would just do something to make it possible to easily identify things made of abyssalite. That's the absolute most critical thing I need material colors for.

The gas overlay is a close second, though. The default one is just terrible, especially when you're trying to ensure that a room contains only a single type of gas.

I sincerely hope some UI upgrades of this type are on the roadmap. UI is pretty make-or-break for a game like this.

Ricardo_   I think i had the same problem.  In your configurator.exe,  do you have Debug mode checked under the OnionPatcher tab?  It hadn't been in mine, and debug worked after i changed that.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but after trevice adapted another mod loader for Harmony (I've modded RW before, and I love ONI once I discovered it), I started working on converting this mod's functionality for usage with it.

The current mod loader can be found at https://github.com/Killface1980/ONI-Modloader (DO NOT download the releases, they are currently outdated).

Updated the description ate the Github page. 

Installation instructions: copy the "Managed" folder and merge it with the ONI folder. Run "Injector.exe". A folder named "Mods" will be created in the main directory.Copy all the mods you'd like to activate in the Mods folder.

Notes:

CustomWorldMod.dll – inactive, can be ignored. Custom world size is set with the OnionState.json file in the OnionPatcher/Config folder

ImprovedGasColourMod.dll – as the name suggests. I've edited the colors to my liking, making things hopefully more recognizable (colors are more saturated while pressure is above 2,500 g till 3,500 as popped ear drum indicator).

MateralColors folder: includes the mod + config. Temperature colors were also changed for better recognizability.

Folders OnionPatcher, Overlays, Sprites: not yet edited by me, better keep them all in the Mods folder.

Patches.dll – currently includes LogicWireBridgeMod by trevice and the CameraControllerMod with fixed maxOrthographicSize 100 and maxOrthographicSizeDebug.

It's raw, but functional. I'll see if I can get in-game mod settings to work. 

Requires re-running Injector.exe each game update.

Thank you "TheRealKIllFace" Everything is  working again with the "rancher Update" . Material Color, Drag-able UI, ZOOM , Oxygen Overlay. The oxygen overlay was broken with just using the patcher from this thread, but the above Loader makes everything work again!

The Oxygen Overlay is worth the work of uploading a PIC...one moment..

Oxygen_Not_Included-2018-03-24_15_32_42.thumb.png.f3c99b4bda26ea16b03f44f771a70b32.png

• Gotta Love Material color

Oxygen_Not_Included-2018-03-24_16_10_17.thumb.png.b39eec8f1c55254751e128b838cf2bf6.png

Same shot without..

Oxygen_Not_Included-2018-03-24_16_09_59.thumb.png.dd82516bc232bac681bb54a89000e889.png

Movable UI,  this is sweet....Oxygen_Not_Included-2018-03-24_15_42_13.thumb.png.259c51467b013c703d1a850d5a86728b.png

And I Like being able to see the entire map and work on it...:)

Oxygen_Not_Included-2018-03-24_15_50_58.thumb.png.805de29923c0454c415b607924c68341.png

Thanks for this, Hope it s not broken again......I was using the patch from this thread without the Oxygen overlay , but really missed it, glad i found the Loader from the post above mine. Thanks for all the work you guys do!

SON OF THE EDIT: I did a clean reinstall because I had messed around with things so much. My saves are back! Let's give this one more go:
Download Github tree.
Open OxygenNotIncluded_Data/Managed. Insert files from Github Managed folder. Run injector.
Go to main OxygennotIncluded folder. Copy over entire Github "Mods" folder.
Run ONI.

SUCCESS!!!!

~~~

EDIT: I followed the Github instructions. I do not know what "releases" means in this instance. I suspect this may be the cause of my issues...  Please someone write me some idiot-proof instructions.

"copy the "Managed" folder and merge it with the ONI folder. "

Do you mean download the Github Managed folder, then add all the files within it into the OxygenNotIncluded folder? Or do you mean add all the Github "Managed" files into the OxygenNotIncluded_Data/Managed folder?

RETURN OF THE EDIT: Okay so putting the Github "Managed" files in the main directory doesn't work. Putting them in the OxygenNotIncluded_Data/Managed folder does let injector.exe run, but I'm not getting a Mods folder appearing anywhere.

I will make my own Mods folder, with blackjack and hookers.

...no, it didn't like that.
*sobs* I just want my pretty colours

~~~

Thank you so much for updating this Mod, I missed it and I only used it for three days before it broke. 

A couple of issues:
- Firstly Injector didn't run a GUI like it used to, is this normal?
- I uninstalled the previous version and installed the new version. All my save files disappeared, the "load" option is grayed out. This is annoying but not a huge deal for me, but I imagine it would considerably upset some people. So backup first guys, just like I should have.
- The main menu screen now shows one day till next update, when I'm pretty sure we've still got a fair few weeks to go. 

12 hours ago, audience_cat said:

I will make my own Mods folder, with blackjack and hookers.

...no, it didn't like that.
*sobs* I just want my pretty colours

Ya i messed around a bit to finally get everything working...that said......

Starting at the GIThub page , 

On right is a green button "Clone or Download" when I click that, i picked "Download ZIP"

Extract the files to a separate folder.

This is from the GIThub page......

1. Copy the contents of the "Managed" folder to: ...\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\Managed\
  2. Execute 'Injector.exe'. It will create a backups of 'Assembly-CSharp.dll' and Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll with the extension ".orig" and a new patched set of dlls.
  3. You should now find a folder called "Mods" in your ONI main directory
  4. Move or copy all the mods you'd like to use to "Mods"
  5. Run the game and check ../OxygenNotIncluded_Data/output_log.txt for any errors.

This did not seam to work .....

So I used the instructions from the ZIP not the GIThub page...

Installation
------------
1. Copy 'Injector.exe' and 'Mono.Cecil.dll' to the folder: ...\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\Managed\
2. Execute 'Injector.exe'. It will create a backup of 'Assembly-CSharp.dll' in 'Assembly-CSharp.dll.orig' and a new already patched 'Assembly-CSharp.dll'
3. Create the folder: ...\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\Managed\Mods\
4. Move to this folder the following files:
   * 0Harmony.dll
   * ModLoader.dll
5. Also move to this folder all the mods you want to run.
6. Run the game and check ../OxygenNotIncluded_Data/output_log.txt for any errors.

For # 1 I also added the file "ONI-Common.dll" as that was also in the managed folder in the ZIP .

So in # 3 create a mods folder that has only 2 files in it, in the managed folder...

The files from #4 come from the Managed folder in the ZiP.

BUT for # 5 Make the Folder in ONI root directory, not the managed folder one. i found this by reading the ".output_log,  as it was asking for the mods to be in the directory.."\OxygenNotIncluded\Mods.

Hope this helps and doesn't confuse ...IT WILL WORK...lol

The zip is a mess, files all over the place, it never creates MOD folder by itself and i could not make OnionPatcher functions to work, rest (Material Color and Gas Overlay) works.

What i did is: used current MaterialColor + OnionPatcher 1.5.9 just to patch the OnionPatcher.

Deleted leftovers apart from onionpatcher folder (materialcolor, overlays)

Used TheRealKillface files, copied everything in Managed folder to game Managed folder, ran injector.

Copied mods i would use to Mods folder in game. (MaterialColor, Overlays, ImprovedGasColourMod.dll)

Now i have positive results.

Just to make things clear, Etiam is (unfortunately) not involved in the development of the ONI Modloader, and I wanted to share what I was working in private the past few weeks as the original obviously refuses to work after the last update. Don't confuse Etiams MaterialColor mod with the Modloader, as they are two separate mods which only share the same functionality. Stick to one of them, don't mix them up as they are most likely not compatible. My goal is to make the patcher also work on any other OS, so consider my post pre-release, as there's still a lot to do.

Please head over to 

for the current development. I've sent a pull request, as soon as trevice accepts it, all my changes mentioned above will be visible in the main branch. Till then, use the link above https://github.com/Killface1980/ONI-Modloader

Archived