[MOD][1.5.9] MaterialColor + OnionPatcher

On 12/17/2017 at 7:53 PM, eggsvbacon said:

Hi there,

Appreciate your work, was curious if you would re-add an option to allow for mesh/air tile coloration based on gasses, thank you.

Thanks! I've already promised that I'll do that, so I'll have to add it back as an option in the Configurator :p

On 12/17/2017 at 8:43 PM, TheScaryOne said:

Does this mod highlight pipe/vent/wire material colors as well?

Yes it does!

pipes.thumb.png.5c9bc11a6aecc785a3513fee4fecc908.png

Unfortunately there are a few issues with them.

First they won't be shown with their material color in their respective overlay, because it would interfere with the overlay itself. For example it would be hard to distinguish insulated pipe from sandstone pipe, in wire overlay it wouldn't be possible to tell which wires are overloaded. I need to find a way around this problem, probably an outline around insulated pipes if possible.

Second there is currently a bug, which causes all conduits lose their tint when you exit from overlay that affects them. For now there is a workaround you can disable and enable again the material mod by pressing Alt+F6 (default hotkey) twice. I hope I'll fix this issue soon.

While abyssalite pipes are pretty easily distinguishable by their purple color, with others it might be quite hard, especially when there is a clutter from other buildings and systems.

Edit: Seeing how igneous rock and sandstone have such similar color, I've made igneous rock slightly more red (available in the next patch)

5a36e5f775cd6_pipesl.thumb.png.b393b722b121d50a8615f089c71cc49f.png

6 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

lol, totally forgot to post a virus total result here.

How do we know we're not downloading hidden ransomware? :wilson_curious:

Dun worry, I'll do it for ya fam. :wilson_love:

And here we are: VirusTotal Results

Thank you ;)

It became pretty tedious in the publishing process, so it's not that I forgot. Beside that the mod is open-source now so anyone can check if there is any malicious content.

If someone is still afraid he can do the scan on their own like you did.

Do you think it's necessary to include it with every release?

Just released another patch! Version 1.5.4 brings these changes:

• You can now rearrange in-game UI as you like, as requested by Octoshrimpy (hold Alt and drag with left mouse button)
  • Pipes no longer lose their tint when you exit pipe overlay (same with all other overlays). You might like it @TheScaryOne
  • You can use legacy tile coloring (found in Configurator), which will color the mesh/airflow tiles based on the gas that occupies its tile, like it was before (Requested by @eggsvbacon)

New patch is out! (1.5.5)

5a3995d915cd8_steamgeyser.png.b04752dfb1986c8f987e94a0e11449f6.png

image.png.d03b82f291246a55eed50303491bb003.png

• Reduced lag on overlay switch

@Saturnus @Pi2 @Hanmac I've promised I'll mention you guys ;)

@Fuzzra Sorry about that, I'll no longer redirect links through shorte.st. All links will be available as direct link to mega.nz, also @eggsvbacon thanks for noticing me about this.

It's a long time ago I last had the mod installed and with the new gas overlay. Everyone should have it. Finally a proper working gas overlay instead of the useless vanilla O2 overlay.

EDIT: Magically I also got a 2-3 FPS improvement using the mod. So big thanks to the developers. Some miniscule fraction of a bitcoin might be coming your way :D

@TheScaryOne @Neotix That's true, thanks for helping when I'm not around :D

I'm not modifying anything related to the game saves right now, but that's not entirely true that there is no risk, as there is always a chance that a new patch to ONI will break my mod. If that happens my mod might behave unexpectedly.

3 hours ago, SKAYNET said:

ширину и высоту можно указывать любую ?

width and height can be any?

If you're talking about world size - the default values are wrong at the moment. The world that big probably couldn't be created, since I changed it from tiles to chunks (32x32 in tiles). Previously any world size with width or height of not a multiply of 32 generated a lot of errors.

To generate world in vanilla size you would probably need to set width to 8 and height to 12. I didn't test it though.

Thanks for noticing me about this one :)

I am having trouble getting the injector to work.  it says failed, in the log it mentions that it cannot find remotedoors.dll which as I understand it has been disabled, but the injector is still looking for it

Edit:  So, I did end up getting it to patch.  I downloaded the previous version and copied the remote-doors DLL into the required folder.  @Etiam

Just thought you might like to know, in case you need to fix something with that.

5 hours ago, jdub121686 said:

I am having trouble getting the injector to work.  it says failed, in the log it mentions that it cannot find remotedoors.dll which as I understand it has been disabled, but the injector is still looking for it

Edit:  So, I did end up getting it to patch.  I downloaded the previous version and copied the remote-doors DLL into the required folder.  @Etiam

Just thought you might like to know, in case you need to fix something with that.

Thank you! Of course the requirement for RemoteDoors.dll is unintended and it will be fixed in the next release.

Archived