Any Plans to Merge Shipwrecked with Together?

As far as I know, the original Giants content was added to Together. Ever since I learned that Shipwrecked has not I have questioned if it ever will be. Wondering if there have ever been any kind of references to it becoming a thing.

It would be so amazing if they made it so, islands are generated inbetween gaps of land and past the edges of the wilderness. Adding more bodies of water in the game to put the content in as well, and potentially rivers which you could build bridges over and use your boat to travel along. Actually integrating Shipwrecked with the base build of the game so that voyaging on water is not just its own mode its actually a part of the system. Seems really squandering to make it its own separated thing instead of just adding it onto the main game.

Would be a huge endeavor for sure but would add an entire new element to the experience, really is just irritating to know such a huge opportunity is being missed. it is great new content is still being made, but why not put existing content to greater use. Even just having Shipwrecked Together as well would be great.

You could create new rank and give it to someone. Their job will be to seek threads like this, answer that it's not planned (at least not right now) and leave link to Island Adventures thread.
 Please Joe, not me. Dedede/Weirdo are so nice to people, hmmm. I may have an idea.

With Klei having to do stuff with ONI and their other games, they're probably gonna take a break from DST for a solid while. Which they deserve, after all.

Them porting Shipwrecked to DST is eventually bound to happen, as that'll bring fresh blood to the game, but in the forseeable future, no, there probably will not be Shipwrecked in DST.

However that mod @ImDaMisterL linked looks very promising. That's something to be excited for. :cool2:

• Developer
Just now, WishIHadAFridge said:

I do think, with there being 2 threads per week about this, that there should be a post stickied saying something about this. It's getting pretty tedious.

It actually had stopped for a while, dunno why it started again. I'll talk with Joe about this.

1 hour ago, StarmanNess said:

With Klei having to do stuff with ONI and their other games, they're probably gonna take a break from DST for a solid while. Which they deserve, after all.

Them porting Shipwrecked to DST is eventually bound to happen, as that'll bring fresh blood to the game, but in the forseeable future, no, there probably will not be Shipwrecked in DST.

However that mod @ImDaMisterL linked looks very promising. That's something to be excited for. :cool2:

literally said in the other thread

This has been posted at least 1000 times. Won't happen. Not in the near future, at least. People already report a lot of bugs in Shipwrecked as it is, so it would require a lot of work to make a functional multiplayer version of it. Klei has other projects other than DST and today ends the series of updates that represent the new DLC for DST, which means:

Don't Starve Together will probably live of minor bug fixes for the near future and I highly doubt that implementing Shipwrecked is in their list of to do things for DST.

3 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

It actually had stopped for a while, dunno why it started again. I'll talk with Joe about this.

can we have a gillligan's island-themed stickied thread?

i cannot think of shipwrecked together without humming the theme song.

"The weather started getting rough, the tiny raft was...eaten..."

Seriously, though.  I kind of agree but WOW, what brought so _much_ of this on just exactly now?  Weird.  I mean, we do have threads saying "ARE YOU EXCITED ABOUT THE UPDATE?  _I'M_ EXCITED ABOUT THE UPDATE!" and people who haven't been keeping up don't know what the update _is_ (in general), just that there IS going to be one, so they see it as a time to put in their ten two cents, but that's about all I can think of...

Incidentally, I saw a Let's Play just the other day by one of my favourites where he said, casually, "Have they added Shipwrecked to the game yet?  That would be SO AWESOME, sailing around together...!"  People, this _is_ what the civillian players are thinking of! And you kind of can't blame them.  One expansion pack from singleplayer was added to Together, so...when's the other coming?

And not everybody is like, INTO into the game, to the point of reading/posting on these forums, so...  Yeah.  Ya get this.

...Notorious

On 2/23/2017 at 6:59 PM, verm1ll1on said:

.....and today ends the series of updates that represent the new DLC for DST, which means:

It ends? I thought they were gonna add a lot more things to the ruins, the new skeelton guy, the gate and stuff? Why do you think it ends?

16 minutes ago, Warplord said:

It ends? I thought they were gonna add a lot more things to the ruins, the new skeelton guy, the gate and stuff? Why do you think it ends?

They will finish this update, but it should be the end after that.

20 minutes ago, Lumina said:

They will finish this update, but it should be the end after that.

I really hope with a burning passion that you are wrong.... This new game they are making ONI seems miles below don't starve as far as I have seen, I hope this is not the future :(

Just now, Warplord said:

I really hope with a burning passion that you are wrong.... This new game they are making ONI seems miles below don't starve as far as I have seen, I hope this is not the future :(

And i prefer not hope for something that could may not come. So i prefer think that it's the last update (when finished), for a long time, rather than expect update that will not come.

And OnI is a different game, a different style. You could not like this kind of game, it's ok. About how the game is, it's an alpha. Don't starve in alpha wasn't as great as now. Games evolve.

And i understand why Klei makes others games, and don't focus only on Don't Starve. First, because diversity is good for a game company. Second, because when you like to make game, you have plenty of ideas, and you want to make differents things. It's good for them to make others games that let them do differents things.

Anyway, there will still be mod, and some modders do awesome work. So DST future will not be empty, even with no updates.

2 hours ago, Warplord said:

What I meant is: Hearth of the Ruins is officially the last update for A New Reign. There are things they'll be adding in this update in the upcoming weeks, but after that, that's it for now.

Just now, verm1ll1on said:

What I meant is: Hearth of the Ruins is officially the last update for A New Reign. There are things they'll be adding in this update in the upcoming weeks, but after that, that's it for now.

Have you seen someone say that is it ? Has there been a post about it or something? I really think they should start a new DLC the moment ANR is released out of beta. 

2 minutes ago, Warplord said:

Have you seen someone say that is it ? Has there been a post about it or something? I really think they should start a new DLC the moment ANR is released out of beta. 

BANG:

It makes sense DST will slow down for some time since we've just seen ONI going out, Hot Lava is also a thing. Just follow Island Adventures and enjoy, the community is something Klei really can rely on.

• Developer

No, SW will NOT be ported to DST, sorry about that.

But hey, Island Adventures is doing that, and I dare say they'll do a very good job: 

And I've heard DST will still get updates after ANR, definitely not as big or scheduled, but it might still get them, aside from the events and all.

I think its safe to say we all would love to have SW in Together but i really don't think it will ever happen! Why would they add a full DLC to the game for free! They want people to buy SW for DS and make that sweet sweet money. :p

I also feel like ANR is their way of saying it isn't ever going to happen!

7 minutes ago, JimmyJam said:

I also feel like ANR is their way of saying it isn't ever going to happen!

Oh, them porting is inevitable. It WILL happen eventually, as that would be a smart business decision from Klei. Just won't happen anytime soon.

The only way that I think it wouldn't happen is if they just said "No, we won't do it. Ever. Don't ask."

8 minutes ago, StarmanNess said:

Oh, them porting is inevitable. It WILL happen eventually, as that would be a smart business decision from Klei. Just won't happen anytime soon.

The only way that I think it wouldn't happen is if they just said "No, we won't do it. Ever. Don't ask."

I really don't think they will. They need something to keep DS and DST two different games!

Archived