Goodbye, for good.

RetroGamer2000

Okay so.. Where do I start?

How are all of you guys? Some of you don't know me..

I was there at the beginning..Okay that's a lie, but I was here a long time ago..

The last few threads I made were me talking about: "Oh! Hey guys! I'm back! I haven't been here in a long time!" And mumbo jumbo like that.

So I'd like you all to know that I'm leaving for good, why?

- I ALWAYS forget this forum even EXISTS anymore.

- When I do remember, I have nothing to talk about.

- I'm still not used to this new forum, and well.. It's me so that's kinda expected..

- I've been slowly growing apart from Don't Starve, I just haven't found it fun anymore..

- It's just not the same as it used to be.

Sure I might lurk around every now and again, but not for long, because like I said, it's just not the same..

So, there you go, some reasons why I'm leaving. Though I made this thread to say goodbye to some of my old friends..(If they're still here..) And say hello to some of the guys who never heard of me. 

I would make some honourable mentions of my old friends, but that just seems like I'm picking favourites If I forget some people.

(I would like to mention that I will still be hanging around in the Dapper den, every now and again, so no need to worry about that...)

So, that's it, I guess this is my official goodbye to the forums.. I will miss all of you, you've all been great friends. Adios.. :-)

I certainly remember you from a couple years ago. I too have returned not a while back ago both to the forum and the game and it was really weird seeing how stale the forum is now (at least the general discussion has gone stale), I mean it could be explained by the game already having it's last update more than a year now.

But anyways, you might gain interest in the game later. I believe you already know that there is gonna be another free expansion to existing users - DST, but judging by your signature maybe you aren't really looking forward to trying it out.

Good luck you

To everyone who is saying, "Why do I care? You're just some guy."

F**k. You.

This guy is one of the people who has almost always been here. He's been here longer than me. And he's saying goodbye, he has the courtesy to say he's leaving and not just disappear. And if you don't know him, that's fine. But don't be a **** and say that caring about it is stupid and he's wasting time. This should mean something. People are leaving because the forum is, honestly, dying. To be honest, the only reasons I'm still here are:

1. Raven's Comics (They're the best!)

2. Shadowfall

3. To see if Don't Starve Together will be any good.

I haven't playing Don't Starve in a long time. Actually, I lied. I played 2 days ago, for 15 minutes. I couldn't play any longer.

Thank you.

F**k. You.

This guy is one of the people who has almost always been here. He's been here longer than me. And he's saying goodbye, he has the courtesy to say he's leaving and not just disappear. And if you don't know him, that's fine. But don't be a **** and say that caring about it is stupid and he's wasting time. This should mean something. People are leaving because the forum is, honestly, dying. To be honest, the only reasons I'm still here are:

1. Raven's Comics (They're the best!)

2. Shadowfall

3. To see if Don't Starve Together will be any good.

I haven't playing Don't Starve in a long time. Actually, I lied. I played 2 days ago, for 15 minutes. I couldn't play any longer.

Thank you.

*slow clap*

That was.... beautiful.

I don't even play don't starve anymore, either.

Listen to Will, everyone :)

Goodbye, and i hope wherever you go next, that it's a happy place :D

F**k. You.

This guy is one of the people who has almost always been here. He's been here longer than me. And he's saying goodbye, he has the courtesy to say he's leaving and not just disappear. And if you don't know him, that's fine. But don't be a **** and say that caring about it is stupid and he's wasting time. This should mean something. 

I'd make some detailed comparison to suicide, but too early with Robin Williams and all. 

You could have, as long as you made sure to keep it mature and respectful. Just because one certain person did it, shouldn't make it "too soon"... many people a day commit suicide... and it's quite a touchy subject to talk about... though, accommodations shouldn't be met for a single person in many. If you care for the respect of Robin William's death, then you should take in consideration the thousands of others. Just my two cents.

I love how everyone is like "cut him some slack, he's been here for so long and now gone"

Well guess what, old members leave all the time and usually nobody gives a damn.

I can safely say that I won't miss him simply because he wasn't posting lately anyway. Can't miss what's already been missing.

You could have, as long as you made sure to keep it mature and respectful. Just because one certain person did it, shouldn't make it "too soon"... many people a day commit suicide... and it's quite a touchy subject to talk about... though, accommodations shouldn't be met for a single person in many. If you care for the respect of Robin William's death, then you should take in consideration the thousands of others. Just my two cents.

Even if the OP is gone, that topic (suicide not just who) would derail the thread point; the celebrity would exponentially exasperate that.

Plus it still personally hurts and I don't like smacking a healing wound unless it serves a good purpose (which it would not here, as it would only be an allegory.) 

Point about there being no point made. 

Archived