[Testing] When In Doubt, Use Brute Force

simplex

Could you elaborate? Does the game graphics and UI become irresponsive, with the background sounds playing as usual? If so, this is a sign of some "silent" crashes which do not raise a crash screen but are printed in the log anyway. They are usually caused by missing art assets and such, so the missing inventory image for Winnie's staff might be the culprit.

everything just stops, sound, movement and the screen turns pale white, I closed it and posted what the log gave me but it doesn't look like the answer.

So perhaps we should fiddle together a bunch of placeholder art for the inventory images to stop this, stopping the testing?

If memory serves from the SuperMod, inventory images have to be 64x64? Because I have like two weeks clear in my diary, so I'm free to do stuff. :)

So we need Winnie's Staff and what else? (No inventory images in the ToDo list) I think we also have to organize an Art-o-Do list.

In the end we need something for everything pickable (at least placeholders) right?

We also need an inventory image for the portable kettle (this is also in the TODO list). But I'm pretty sure we need a whole lot more inventory images which were not included in the TODO.

We also need an inventory image for the portable kettle (this is also in the TODO list). But I'm pretty sure we need a whole lot more inventory images which were not included in the TODO.

Yeah, I'll probably add more to it later.

Edit: Nevermind, saw TODO_ART.

Wait, so Mercurius doesn't give you a free Golden Egg? I was sure he did, but I guess not.

nope, not a thing (other than the beans anyway).

also the kettle isn't craftable (I'm using the "simplex testing" mod to gain access to all craftables, it works for other U&A things so i don't think it is that) is this intended? 

nope, not a thing (other than the beans anyway).

also the kettle isn't craftable (I'm using the "simplex testing" mod to gain access to all craftables, it works for other U&A things so i don't think it is that) is this intended? 

Not intended. Although, what should it's recipe be?

The plan was for the kettle to be a unique item, with the shopkeeper giving you one. This is still not the case, though (with all the art assets still missing, as well as the strings for the corresponding dialogue, I didn't bother).

@MilleniumCount

The gold thing in the spotlight post is the cauldron for the witches' grove set piece, used for alchemy. The kettle has no art yet (except for some concept art @ArcticFox789 drew a while ago).

Yeah. I thought that was confirmed, but I guess just not implemented yet.

Surprised me a bit when I decided to access the Cloud Realm without DebugSpawning a Beanstalk.

We just need the dialogue to be written.

The plan was for the kettle to be a unique item, with the shopkeeper giving you one. This is still not the case, though (with all the art assets still missing, as well as the strings for the corresponding dialogue, I didn't bother).

@MilleniumCount

The gold thing in the spotlight post is the cauldron for the witches' grove set piece, used for alchemy. The kettle has no art yet (except for some concept art @ArcticFox789 drew a while ago).

I could've sworn it was a blueprint. I don't remember where I saw that, though.

Edit: Aha! It was at Fox News, with strings no less.

Here it is: (Not sure exactly what the idea behind the weird lines below the second one was) :razz:

That's the one!

The only change to that is we had decided to make it an electric kettle. But I don't think we settled on whether it would take some charged item as battery or if it'd simply only be useable during static.

That's the one!

The only change to that is we had decided to make it an electric kettle. But I don't think we settled on whether it would take some charged item as battery or if it'd simply only be useable during static.

I remember a lengthy discussion on it, but I can't exactly remember what we decided upon. I seem to remember no Heat Source, and that it was charged by electricity (as you say - but does this make it only useable during the Static, or does it take 'charge' from the static, in the form of durability, which runs down as you use it, before being replenished by the next Static cycle?), but is there anything else I should think about before doodling?

I remember a lengthy discussion on it, but I can't exactly remember what we decided upon. I seem to remember no Heat Source, and that it was charged by electricity (as you say - but does this make it only useable during the Static, or does it take 'charge' from the static, in the form of durability, which runs down as you use it, before being replenished by the next Static cycle?), but is there anything else I should think about before doodling?

I just mentioned the heat source thing because it affects the art a bit, since it won't be an object placed on top of a fire. But the actual details of the electric power source shouldn't affect the art, I think. It'll be "internal" anyway.

I just mentioned the heat source thing because it affects the art a bit, since it won't be an object placed on top of a fire. But the actual details of the electric power source shouldn't affect the art, I think. It'll be "internal" anyway.

Oh. Should've waited for the reply I guess. XD

6mjFNHK.jpg

Oh. Should've waited for the reply I guess. XD

Well, an external indicator of when it's powered up like this would be nice. But then it'll probably require custom animations, instead of using the crockpot or science machine banks.

Archived