[Testing] When In Doubt, Use Brute Force

simplex

Tested the new build. While it's nice that the Beanlets have walking anims now, they still travel backwards, which is weird. Furthermore, the "cloud waves" on the edge of the map appear to have vanished into an unsightly black void. And finally: Strix are still too fast.

The reason they travel backwards is because their animations are backwards. I tried fixing this by flipping them in-game, but it just makes them hug the player. It may be fixable by modifying their stategraph or brain, but I'm not sure.

Tested the new build. While it's nice that the Beanlets have walking anims now, they still travel backwards, which is weird. Furthermore, the "cloud waves" on the edge of the map appear to have vanished into an unsightly black void. And finally: Strix are still too fast.

All waves or just those farther away?

All of 'em. Just one big black, misted void. The bits of the edge have square moving anims on them, where waves probably would be.

Could you post a screenshot, so we can be sure of what's happening? And when did you start experiencing it?

I'm glad you're having this issue, since it's hardware dependent and we were unable to replicate it so far. @DwerBomb had the same issue before, but we fixed the issue for his case (though, based on your report, it seems the fix wasn't effective for all hardware configurations). If you could help us test possible solutions, that'd be immensely helpful in hopefully fixing this completely.

Another strange thing I found - Beanlets now can face two directions, which rocks, but for some reasons they always run backwards...

I've been pretty busy the past week or so, but I'll be able to get back to modding this weekend. They run backwards because they're, well, backwards. Their animations are literally facing the wrong way. I may be able to fix it, but I won't know until I try.

I've been pretty busy the past week or so, but I'll be able to get back to modding this weekend. They run backwards because they're, well, backwards. Their animations are literally facing the wrong way. I may be able to fix it, but I won't know until I try.

Couldn't you just reverse what you currently have, then?

Archived