[Testing] When In Doubt, Use Brute Force

simplex

Mod Developer Grave? Kind of like what klei did at the end of adventure mode.

I actually quite like this idea. I think it'd be a nice way to let everyone know the people who brought U&A to them. And also a good way to credit everyone, especially those that are no longer around.

And also a good way to credit everyone, especially those that are no longer around.

Because they are dead to us?

(I'm kidding, of course)

But yeah, I agree. I'm just not too sure about simply copying Klei's approach to in-game credits, I think we should give it our own twist.

(I'm kidding, of course)

But yeah, I agree. I'm just not too sure about simply copying Klei's approach to in-game credits, I think we should give it our own twist.

I didn't mean directly steal, but I think it's definitely something to take inspiration from.

(I'm kidding, of course)

How about a village? It could use each type of animal house and spawn their respective mob, named after each of the modders.

Remembered as a bunch of lazy, gluttonous pigs....yeah...can I be an Owlpeople pwease? XD

We could always just do that. Place our names as possible Owlperson names, I suppose, but it wouldn't be nearly as clever as a setpiece of some description.

I managed to get on the computer, everything looks fine, minus some small white boxes around the vines.

I'm not sure what's up with those. They pop up from time to time on various animations (including the worldgen screen) but I don't know what's causing it. I really don't want to have to edit every animation that has them.

I just found out a problem with the blizzards. Since you can't move while being sucked in by one, enemies can damage you without you being able to retaliate.

Yes, I had noticed this (especially against vines), but I appreciate the feedback nonetheless. I intended to take care of details such as this after the physics bugs with the whirlwind had been solved. Have they, by the way (have you had any issues recently)?

Yes, I had noticed this (especially against vines), but I appreciate the feedback nonetheless. I intended to take care of details such as this after the physics bugs with the whirlwind had been solved. Have they, by the way (have you had any issues recently)?

Well, there is an animation bug with the Werebeaver, but I doubt that anyone would be able to go Werebeaver in the cloud realm anyways.

Well, there is an animation bug with the Werebeaver, but I doubt that anyone would be able to go Werebeaver in the cloud realm anyways.

That's good feedback, thank you.

But do let me know if you encounter some of the more serious physics bugs from before (note, however, that it is supposed to attract inanimate object, provided they are not static elements of the world such as trees and flowers; the big issue was things flying away or bouncing around after falling).

It seems the Werebeaver doesn't have the animation needed that the whirlwind tries to play.

Exactly. I'm playing the "scared" animation from low sanity (called "idle_crazy", if I'm not mistaken), which the beaver doesn't have. It'll have to be treated as a special case (I'd like so much for DS to have a way for probing for the existence of animations, but alas it does not).

That's good feedback, thank you.

But do let me know if you encounter some of the more serious physics bugs from before (note, however, that it is supposed to attract inanimate object, provided they are not static elements of the world such as trees and flowers; the big issue was things flying away or bouncing around after falling).

Exactly. I'm playing the "scared" animation from low sanity (called "idle_crazy", if I'm not mistaken), which the beaver doesn't have. It'll have to be treated as a special case (I'd like so much for DS to have a way for probing for the existence of animations, but alas it does not).

Hmm, it prints to the log when it can't find an animation, but I suppose that's engine level?

tumblr_loe4p6w9Gn1qb23f0.gif

So as far as code assets go, we've nearly finished our to-do list. This doesn't mean we'll stop coding when we finish off the list (in fact, the opposite is true, we'll have to create a new list for code assets), but it's certainly a big step in the right direction. Over the past (nearly) three weeks, we've knocked out a lot of things, and we set reasonable goals for ourselves. Now, we've nearly completed those goals and are almost ready for the next set.

As far as art is concerned, we still need a significant amount of art. That's something that will hopefully be addressed very soon.

For our testers, if you could make sure that nothing explodes in the latest build (as well as giving feedback, alerting us to things that lack functionality, etcetera) we would appreciate it.

UpAndAway-prealpha.zip

I am fairly sure the lionblob isn't meant to be here:

post-261887-0-04931300-1396867750_thumb.

and on a sidenote; Best. Item. Ever:

post-261887-0-92770300-1396868236_thumb.

I also seem to be having a strange kind of crash, its not shutting the game off, its just frozen I'm unsure whether the log will solve it until it closes itself however (it has been too long since I last used one haha...)

I also seem to be having a strange kind of crash, its not shutting the game off, its just frozen I'm unsure whether the log will solve it until it closes itself however (it has been too long since I last used one haha...)

Could you elaborate? Does the game graphics and UI become irresponsive, with the background sounds playing as usual? If so, this is a sign of some "silent" crashes which do not raise a crash screen but are printed in the log anyway. They are usually caused by missing art assets and such, so the missing inventory image for Winnie's staff might be the culprit.

Archived