[Testing] When In Doubt, Use Brute Force

simplex

Discuss here testing and things related!

How to stay synced with development:
We use git for code development and to organize our assets. There are two main methods to stay up to date.

Download everything as an archive:

The following links will always download the current state of our repository, in the format you prefer (zip or tar.gz):

Sync only the changes:

Alternatively, you can use GitHub for Windows or GitHub for Mac to clone our repository (for Linux, just use git itself, or one of its many GUIs, such as gitk). Then, changes can be downloaded much faster, with the push of a button, since git smartly detects the changes in the files and transfers only the pieces of files required (also using compression, behind the scenes).

If using the above softwares' search functions, our repository is named UpAndAway. Its direct link for read-only cloning is:
https://github.com/debugman18/UpAndAway.git

I'll be testing as soon as I get enough gears to upgrade WX-78 to a less.... terrible stat level.

DebugSpawn"gears"

that should help you on your way. (just make sure you set console to true)

and on my first note for discussion:

health regaining:

-what reliable health gaining items are available as ive been up there a while and having trouble after close calls (if this is inteded ignore this)

Freezing and fire pits:

- if you put logs on a fire pit (after initial construction) it will light up like normal but drain much faster. Is this intended or is there supposed to be another method of heat gain?

and on my first note for discussion:

health regaining:

-what reliable health gaining items are available as ive been up there a while and having trouble after close calls (if this is inteded ignore this)

Freezing and fire pits:

- if you put logs on a fire pit (after initial construction) it will light up like normal but drain much faster. Is this intended or is there supposed to be another method of heat gain?

We still need to work on balance, such as providing health regen methods and heat sources (one thing we'll do is have the geese lay fully charged heatstones as an egg). For now, I'd recommend testing in god mode.

And about the fire extinguishing rate, yes, that's intended (I implemented that yesterday). It's a mechanic of the mod, since there's low oxygen up there. It probably still needs some tweaking, though (currently, fire will drain 10x faster).

And about the fire extinguishing rate, yes, that's intended (I implemented that yesterday). It's a mechanic of the mod, since there's low oxygen up there. It probably still needs some tweaking, though (currently, fire will drain 10x faster).

I noticed that. It seems to work well, especially if we want half-dusk, half-night. It might mean that we need a really good heat source for fires, however, especially in the early days of reaching the Cloud Realm, before players manage to craft the later-game light sources like the Skyfly Jar.

Also, given that I haven't actually played the mod legit, is it possible that you could exhaust all your Beefalo getting the Horns, to get them to the Shopkeeper (as in the one Beefalo left in your world, is not there yet, and you have run out of Horns)? If so, should the Shopkeeper give you a special non-durable Horn or something?

I noticed that. It seems to work well, especially if we want half-dusk, half-night. It might mean that we need a really good heat source for fires, however, especially in the early days of reaching the Cloud Realm, before players manage to craft the later-game light sources like the Skyfly Jar.

Adding night will demand some deeper thought into that. But I'm still not sure about making the Skyfly Jar a light source...

Also, given that I haven't actually played the mod legit, is it possible that you could exhaust all your Beefalo getting the Horns, to get them to the Shopkeeper (as in the one Beefalo left in your world, is not there yet, and you have run out of Horns)? If so, should the Shopkeeper give you a special non-durable Horn or something?

Well, beefalo reproduce. And the Shopkeeper will only trade up to 3 beefalos for beans.

Adding night will demand some deeper thought into that. But I'm still not sure about making the Skyfly Jar a light source...

Well, beefalo reproduce. And the Shopkeeper will only trade up to 3 beefalos for beans.

I know, but I mean if we run with that.

Oh yes, of course they do. Duh.

people will get annoyed by the high volume of the sheep baa-ing (likely was for testing custom sounds) not to mention they can be heard miles away from them

this could get to be an issue if it gets into public alpha

Already know it. Those damn sheep, always bleating so loudly.

not sure if its my client doing this but all the sheep sounds are quieter... except the bleating? its very strange, even the hitsound them is quieter

edit; seems to be my computer all sounds are quieter (except the bleating anyway)

You mean, in comparison to what it was before, or are you just saying you noticed that now?

Because the sheep sound files, as well as prefab code, haven't been modified (except for my removal of the ram light aura).

You mean, in comparison to what it was before, or are you just saying you noticed that now?

Because the sheep sound files, as well as prefab code, haven't been modified (except for my removal of the ram light aura).

just now happened, I'll restart the game and see if that makes any difference probably a vanilla bug or just my computer being strange

Edit: here are the storm rams without the light aura

Shu9nIc.png

edit 2: yep just a strange one off occurence

@debugman18 you'll be glad to know the golden eggs are working as intended  but they are dropping 2 at the same time

V65Wl88.png

edit: I accidentally attacked the shopkeeper... is he meant to explode and cause a lightning strike?

He actually is! :p Shouldn't be attacking strange people, didn't your mother ever tell you that?

2 at once? I don't see what could be causing that. Try with the commit I just pushed, and let me know if it continues.

got another thing ready for discussion, when dug cloud bushes give a spiky bush perhaps remove the dig function from them as giving them their own item would be rather silly as they are state reliant

They shouldn't be digable in the first place...

Archived