[Testing] When In Doubt, Use Brute Force

simplex

well their spawning is biome related if I remember rightly so its all up to the world gen math

Yeah, but eggs and ball lightning are the primary source of heat up there. If those are not available early then we have a problem... If I hadn't brought the Star Caller with me I'd be dead.

Small wondering during testing. Is the world gen supposed to be so...bland. Cause when I've been wandering around for a good hour and there is nothing. No flowers, no cotton puffs. Not a single creature. Just cloud poopturf. Or have those things not been added to the generation? Probably that but I'd like to make sure.

Small wondering during testing. Is the world gen supposed to be so...bland. Cause when I've been wandering around for a good hour and there is nothing. No flowers, no cotton puffs. Not a single creature. Just cloud poopturf. Or have those things not been added to the generation? Probably that but I'd like to make sure.

Can you share the map view? The worldgen currently isn't extremely devoid of life, but there are some issues with emptiness I'm trying to solve.

Can you share the map view? The worldgen currently isn't extremely devoid of life, but there are some issues with emptiness I'm trying to solve.

8IcD23C.jpgSo I found the Aurora biome and a HORDE of things were spawned in that space and the immediate area around it. Hellish amounts of sheep(THE NOISE) long bills, trees, and flowers. 

So I found the Aurora biome and a HORDE of things were spawned in that space and the immediate area around it. Hellish amounts of sheep(THE NOISE) long bills, trees, and flowers. 

I changed the sheep sounds to beefalo sounds for now. They were extremely noisy, like you said.

I'm working on the generic biome right now, I'll post a map overview once I'm done tweaking it.

Pushed worldgen and cloud changes. The clouds aren't as clean looking, but there are no empty spaces in them anymore. I don't know though...

No screenshot tonight though, I'm off to bed. I may post a few screens tomorrow so we can get a better idea of the common problems with the worldgen.

One man's sleeping problem is another man's refiner. :p

The refiner is in-game now. Currently, coral refines into rocks, algae refines into grass, and beanstalk chunks refine into twigs. Everything else refines into ash. There's nothing wrong with additional refinable items, either.

I also polished the main menu stuff some.

One man's sleeping problem is another man's refiner. :razz:

The refiner is in-game now. Currently, coral refines into rocks, algae refines into grass, and beanstalk chunks refine into twigs. Everything else refines into ash. There's nothing wrong with additional refinable items, either.

I also polished the main menu stuff some.

Oh, and i forgot to mention this, but I found Grass up there yesterday. As in when harvested gave cut grass instead of algae.

Oh, and i forgot to mention this, but I found Grass up there yesterday. As in when harvested gave cut grass instead of algae.

There's grass in one of the setpieces, as a placeholder for the proper prefab. However, there are also some regular overworld setpieces still leaking into the worldgen up there somehow.

Edit: Err, actually, none of our setpieces have grass. I don't know what the issue is there.

I seem to have crashed the game upon climbing the beanstalk, its also referencing the unimplemented cotton candy atlas

QueryServerComplete no callback
[17:24:06] (Up and Away mod prealpha) EntityCreationProfiler: Binding
../mods/UpAndAway_test/scripts/upandaway/prefabs/shopkeeper.lua(176,1) This should be a pause.
../mods/UpAndAway_test/scripts/upandaway/main.lua(310,1) Unlocked
../mods/UpAndAway_test/scripts/upandaway/main.lua(312,1) Locked
WARNING! Could not find region 'cotton_vest.tex' from atlas '../mods/UpAndAway_test/images/inventoryimages/cloud_cotton.xml'. Is the region specified in the atlas?
../mods/UpAndAway_test/images/inventoryimages/cloud_cotton.xml
LUA ERROR stack traceback:
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/image.lua(30,1) in function 'SetTexture'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/recipetile.lua(25,1) in function 'SetRecipe'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/craftslot.lua(131,1) in function 'Refresh'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/craftslot.lua(170,1) in function 'SetRecipe'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/crafting.lua(137,1) in function 'UpdateRecipes'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/crafting.lua(163,1) in function 'ScrollUp'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/crafting.lua(31,1) in function 'onclick'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/button.lua(37,1) in function 'OnControl'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/widget.lua(112,1) in function 'OnControl'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/widget.lua(112,1) in function 'OnControl'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/screens/playerhud.lua(279,1) in function 'OnControl'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/frontend.lua(230,1) in function 'OnControl'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/input.lua(138,1) in function 'OnControl'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/input.lua(312,1)
WARNING! Could not find region 'cotton_candy.tex' from atlas '../mods/UpAndAway_test/images/inventoryimages/cloud_cotton.xml'. Is the region specified in the atlas?
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/image.lua(30,1) in function 'SetTexture'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/recipetile.lua(25,1) in function 'SetRecipe'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/craftslot.lua(131,1) in function 'Refresh'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/craftslot.lua(170,1) in function 'SetRecipe'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/crafting.lua(137,1) in function 'UpdateRecipes'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/crafting.lua(163,1) in function 'ScrollUp'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/crafting.lua(31,1) in function 'onclick'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/button.lua(37,1) in function 'OnControl'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/screens/playerhud.lua(279,1) in function 'OnControl'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/frontend.lua(230,1) in function 'OnControl'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/input.lua(138,1) in function 'OnControl'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/input.lua(312,1)
WARNING! Could not find region 'cotton_candy.tex' from atlas '../mods/UpAndAway_test/images/inventoryimages/cloud_cotton.xml'. Is the region specified in the atlas?
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/crafting.lua(172,1) in function 'ScrollDown'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/crafting.lua(30,1) in function 'onclick'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/image.lua(11,1) in function '_ctor'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/class.lua(98,1) in function 'Image'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/itemtile.lua(30,1) in function 'old_ctor'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/../mods/UpAndAway_test/scripts/upandaway/postinits/itemtile.lua(121,1) in function '_ctor'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/class.lua(98,1) in function 'ItemTile'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/inventorybar.lua(920,1) in function 'OnItemGet'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/inventorybar.lua(76,1) in function 'fn'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/entityscript.lua(634,1) in function 'PushEvent'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/components/inventory.lua(542,1) in function 'GiveItem'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/components/builder.lua(294,1) in function 'DoBuild'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/actions.lua(559,1) in function 'fn'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/bufferedaction.lua(19,1) in function 'Do'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/entityscript.lua(873,1) in function 'PerformBufferedAction'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/stategraphs/SGwilson.lua(1485,1) in function 'ontimeout'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/stategraph.lua(458,1) in function 'UpdateState'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/stategraph.lua(515,1) in function 'Update'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/stategraph.lua(111,1) in function 'Update'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/update.lua(121,1)
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/image.lua(11,1) in function '_ctor'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/class.lua(98,1) in function 'Image'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/inventorybar.lua(926,1) in function 'OnItemGet'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/inventorybar.lua(76,1) in function 'fn'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/entityscript.lua(634,1) in function 'PushEvent'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/components/inventory.lua(542,1) in function 'GiveItem'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/components/builder.lua(294,1) in function 'DoBuild'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/actions.lua(559,1) in function 'fn'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/bufferedaction.lua(19,1) in function 'Do'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/entityscript.lua(873,1) in function 'PerformBufferedAction'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/stategraphs/SGwilson.lua(1485,1) in function 'ontimeout'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/stategraph.lua(458,1) in function 'UpdateState'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/stategraph.lua(515,1) in function 'Update'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/stategraph.lua(111,1) in function 'Update'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/update.lua(121,1)
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/crafttabs.lua(293,1) in function 'DoUpdateRecipes'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/crafttabs.lua(188,1) in function 'OnUpdate'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/frontend.lua(522,1) in function 'Update'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/update.lua(46,1)
scripts/components/resurrector.lua(42,1) Resurrector:OnSave 100044 - resurrectionstone used:nil active:nil
scripts/saveindex.lua(280,1) DeregisterResurrector
scripts/saveindex.lua(296,1) DeregisterResurrector
scripts/components/resurrector.lua(42,1) Resurrector:OnSave 100045 - resurrectionstone used:nil active:nil
scripts/saveindex.lua(280,1) DeregisterResurrector
scripts/saveindex.lua(296,1) DeregisterResurrector
[17:28:31] (Up and Away mod prealpha) EntityCreationProfiler: Generating report at entity_count_profiling.txt

@Craig_Perry

Yes, these prefabs (cotton_candy, cotton_vest, etc.) don't have inventory images yet. It's not an issue with packaging, in the git version it's just the same (I don't know why debugman put the cloud_cotton atlas there instead of the void_placeholder one, probably an overlook when copy/pasting some code).

Your log doesn't show the crash. It doesn't show errors, just warnings (that Lua ERROR thing is just because the game decided it was a good idea to hardcode that message on every stack traceback).

@Craig_Perry

Yes, these prefabs (cotton_candy, cotton_vest, etc.) don't have inventory images yet. It's not an issue with packaging, in the git version it's just the same (I don't know why debugman put the cloud_cotton atlas there instead of the void_placeholder one, probably an overlook when copy/pasting some code).

Your log doesn't show the crash. It doesn't show errors, just warnings (that Lua ERROR thing is just because the game decided it was a good idea to hardcode that message on every stack traceback).

strange the full log shows nothing other than that, I'll check again just to be sure though

EDIT: yep no crash shown, might be a silent one :/

strange the full log shows nothing other than that, I'll check again just to be sure though

EDIT: yep no crash shown, might be a silent one :/

Well, first I have to figure out why the debugging messages are being printed and the entity count profiler is being enabled... they shouldn't (but they are here as well).

@Craig_Perry

I figured out the issue causing the messages, the undue enabling of the profiler, etc. There was a bug in wicker's Configurable class. For the coders, the cause of the bug is that writing

not a == b
means

(not a) == b
and not

a ~= b
:razz:

p.s.: I just did a regex search throughout the entire U&A codebase (including wicker) to make sure this mistake hadn't been made elsewhere. It hadn't.

Let's hope your crash was being caused by that. The changes have been pushed, give it a try. If you prefer the distribution zip package, I'm attaching it as well (only because it's a "new thing", we should't do this all the time, haha).

UpAndAway-prealpha.zip

@Craig_Perry

I figured out the issue causing the messages, the undue enabling of the profiler, etc. There was a bug in wicker's Configurable class. For the coders, the cause of the bug is that writing

not a == b

means

(not a) == b

and not

a ~= b

:razz:

Let's hope your crash was being caused by that. The changes have been pushed, give it a try. If you prefer the distribution zip package, I'm attaching it as well (only because it's a "new thing", we should't do this all the time, haha).

I'm on it, If I can I will try and test a few other things out when I get up there

alrighty got another one that occurs when you arrive in the cloud realm

QueryServerComplete no callback
...AndAway_test/scripts/upandaway/postinits/burning.lua:21: attempt to index upvalue 'ext_cfg' (a nil value)
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/../mods/UpAndAway_test/scripts/upandaway/postinits/burning.lua(21,1) in function 'get_extinguish_factor'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/../mods/UpAndAway_test/scripts/upandaway/postinits/burning.lua(67,1) in function 'fn'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/scheduler.lua(170,1) in function 'OnTick'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/scheduler.lua(381,1) in function 'RunScheduler'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/update.lua(87,1)
scripts/frontend.lua(707,1) SCRIPT ERROR! Showing error screen

okay thanks for letting me know, I have little time left today so I'll try and do more rigorous testing tomorrow provided nothing important pops up

Thank you for testing it. I updated the zip upload at General, just because it wouldn't be right to leave a buggy version hanging there. But I think that's enough on reuploading, we should leave these zips for releases and release candidates only.

Thank you for testing it. I updated the zip upload at General, just because it wouldn't be right to leave a buggy version hanging there. But I think that's enough on reuploading, we should leave these zips for releases and release candidates only.

good idea, when we have the finalised pre-alpha (all the features of alpha ready) we should update it once more then for the last call for in development testing

having quite the issue, Github is telling me to use powershell to debug, which is not going to help as its an overcomplicated thing. ive tried to fix it but nope I can't any ideas?

What do you mean? Debug what? What's the issue?

the problem has changed now anyway oddly enough its now saying "ERROR failed to check out the branch"

have I mentioned my ability to break stuff even if i use it correctly...

Ahhh... The development branch was deleted. Sorry, I really should've posted this in Testing. Just switch to the master branch and that should fix it.

Archived