All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. some new boat designs could be very nice, i can imagine a few ways it could work I think he was joking around man, it's okay I agree with a lot of your points, but I'm not sure what exactly to do about it. It would be a lot of work to rip the boats straight out of shipwrecked is all. I mean I love the concept of sailing, and I think we're starting to get a decent number of POI, but sailing BETWEEN those points is the worst part of sailing. side note: the waterlogged biome is my favorite, I love the entirely water setting of it, and it's a super unique addition, it's a shame there's little reason to visit it
  3. I personally absolutely hate the flat raft looking cookie platform boats, I may as well be sailing around in a rubber inner tube. I loved how boats in Shipwrecked and Hamlet had various different shapes and sizes and looked like well uhh actual boats? Keep the sailing mechanics how they are now, give us back the old art designs. But also… I beg of you to play DS Shipwrecked or Hamlet on an Xbox and then play DST on an Xbox- I’ll skip to the TL:DR and just state that boating was designed for a controller on SW/Hamlet it was easy to raise & lower sails, drop anchors or repair boat damage at the press of a Dpad button, and with DST well uhh.. yeah not so much.. So in conclusion- maybe people don’t actually want the “water shoes” sailing mechanics/physics back, but would love to have the shapes & quick button tap boat functions back?
  4. I could say the same thing. I could say you are wrong and your opinions should be disregarded since you said "a lot of people want them". I think it's more helpful to give actual reasonings. My reasoning: I've never played shipwrecked. But 1. I find moving around ocean is slow, clunky and frustrating. 2. I don't enjoy the mini game. It takes too much attention to either constantly click oar, or to constantly watch stacks to prevent crashing. 3. Boats force you to use boats, so much so that it prevents swimming / floating, which is essentially a version of shipwrecked boat. I want the floating feature to replace current drowning teleportation. I blame current boat mechanism for that because dev tried to make boat work in that way. 4. Moving with a small boat base should be an option, not requirement. Moving should be as smooth as moving. If smooth moving is forbidden by devs, at least some QoL to smooth boating. thumbs up.
  5. Today
  6. Yeah, I've just been hoping they'd improve on old boss fights like Fuelweaver & the shadow pieces (and maybe the entirety of the caves if we're lucky) when they begin fleshing out the shadow rift stuff and what not.
  7. Title says it all. I tried out all the spawning events I could find; the ms_"newspawn" events and related. Unfortuantly all of those events return the world prefab and not the player's character prefab. Alternatively, knowing how to change the spawnpoint of a specfic character would also work, I technically don't need it for what I'm working on but damn would it cut down on the spaghetti I have right now. Thanks in advanced!
  8. I really like this idea, that's a very elegant solution
  9. Sailing itself really doesn't need the rework to be honest. I know a lot of people want them to be like Shipwrecked boats. But those people are wrong and their opinions should be disregarded. Really the only change I'd make is tweaking the leak mechanic so that they can only happen if your ship is below X% HP. Maybe it would make it a bit to easy to avoid leaks outright. But if you try to brute force your way through a patch of sea stacks you're getting smashed anyways if you don't have any bumpers.
  10. Since the upcoming update mentioned in their "halfway" lore teaser mentioned "ocean QOL", and I know we all love a bit of speculation. what are some things you would like to see for the ocean? personally, I would like to see an easier way to deal with sea stacks, it gets a little annoying having to be hyper-vigilant on the off chance that my boat speeds into a sea stack because I happened to be cooking on my boat. The bumpers are nice, but they don't help with my first voyage, and they really cut into my surface area. but I welcome any tips and tricks for this. I would additionally like to see a cheap way to temporarily plug a hole without actually fixing the boat. maybe I could just jam some kelp in the hole and slow the damage down by 90%, failing to bring enough patches can be really frustrating, so it'd be nice if we had an easily accessed alternative. I would also like to say, while the boats are fast, having to circle the entire mainland is a bit frustrating, while it's been mentioned many times, i would like to mention it again in the hopes of it being noticed: Perhaps the mainland could be to one side or a corner of the map, so that the ocean is a bit more open. I feel like with this change you could more easily sail from destination to destination, while not worrying so much about "what side" of the mainland that a particular island is. It may not be feasible though, it depends on map generation and how the ocean is coded of course.
  11. I mean, the bullet hell idea is what we both meant, so yeah I agree there. And honestly? Rockjaws are actually really close to being a good creature to fight. They just need to have a longer and more telegraphed stun state after biting so you know to go in and give it hell.
  12. Do you know that he can get buffs along with interesting and cohesive nerfs?? The character is a design mess
  13. Thanks, but for some reason that hasn't worked. ice_den.lua
  14. So I'm still working on that Pizza Tower mod that will add Wurt (and hopefully later more) and I am now at a state where I've finished Wurts part for the intro, have a look if you'd like:
  15. Yesterday
  16. 3 posts have been given warnings or suspensions in this thread. Have fun! Be respectful. Don’t be a jerk. Stay on topic. The guidelines are here if you require further clarification. https://forums.kleientertainment.com/guidelines/
  17. The discussion about difficulty and its scaling is not what I was talking about mike. I am not going to discuss it here, because it will not be a pleasant discussion. not to mention that your suggestion isn't a "scaling" question, it's a difficulty setting, but that's not my point. my point mike is that you completely ignore other peoples point of view and just assume you are correct, as a result you consistently get into arguments, and can get quite rude with it too. I do not personally have a problem with that, I believe being rude is fine so long as you are not actively hostile, but do not act like you are some saint who only argues because everyone else has a problem. You have a problem too.
  18. Hey everybody! Before we get to our first proper content update we have two more important "Launch Feedback" updates planned. We have one update coming next week and another will follow shortly behind that. The first update addresses two things we want to improve: We want to reward player creativity, but currently that creativity is restricted by your equipment's Attack and Defense values. Early game gear becomes obsolete too quickly, and players cannot take their favourite equipment along with them. Previous changes to make upgrading simpler removed some of the aspirational loot collecting that many players enjoy. Coming Next Week To help address these, we will be adding the ability to upgrade equipment even further than their natural levels, by collecting Ingots. Through these Ingots, you will be able to upgrade the stats of your equipment so you can continue using your Yammo's Noggin-Padder well into the higher Frenzies of The Molded Grave for those heavily boosted Focus damage Cannon blasts. This new upgrade system will apply to all equipment going forward. This will naturally include a few balance changes to account for the fact that all equipment will be viable at end-game, with a focus on maintaining fun and variety. We know that Ingots will not yet fully satisfy the loot-chasing desires of our players (or ourselves!) so know that we continue to think deeply about the different roles that different types of loot will play in Rotwood as we progress through Early Access. Lastly, we will also be including a few Quality of Life upgrades: for example, the ability to check the status of your Masteries during a run. Thank you for playing, and thank you for your feedback!
  19. For people who missed the stream- further armor and weapon upgrades are coming next week. You will be able to upgrade starter stuff to be on par with later-game equipment with new special resource
  20. I also think the body slot should be split in a backpack slot and a clothing/armor slot. I see how this was a good idea for balance back in the days of Don't Starve, where there weren't that much items. But in DST it leads to not using body clothings ever, as no one want to wander around without a backpack. And I don't see any challenge in dropping the backpack for armor, as fights are always very local. I really don't know, why some people would like to keep this. I think DST could take a different direction here and there than the original game. Btw: I've never used this mod, as I don't like mods which change something in the game (gameplay wise). But I would love to have a solution for this in the game (also for Geometric Placement and a temperature display in the hud, as this would also be important for console players).
  21. People want the hamlet and shipwrecked worlds in base DST. The problem is more than 2 shards is alot more taxing on servers So what if we could replace the ROG surface/caves with SW/Hamlet. Along with that turn the single player boats into RoT boats. Yes theres a few issues that would appear, namely with: the bosses from the unpicked shards, integration of the shadow and lunar end end-games, and SW's volcano. As for the resources form the unpicked that could easily be done by making special crafting station what would alot the transmutation of one shards resources into a different shards resources. These could be in place of the seaworthy/skyworthy for instance. Then again I don't know what's possible, which only klei really has an idea of.
  22. I think rather than a 20% spawn chance for tentacles it can be a guaranteed tentacle every five hits, and its durability could be increased just to 300.
  23. I like the new equipment that you have come up with for the most part, but the way it is procured is not my favorite. I'm also not sure if it is thematically appropriate. Wortox isn't exactly depicted as an artificer. I haven't put a lot of thought into individual traits for Wortox, but something that might work for his skill tree is to have a branch that benefits his consumption and exploitation of souls and another branch that benefits the releasing of souls and have the two trees mutually exclusive. The idea being you would need to pick between being Wortox trying to maintain his kind nature or his further corruption. The kind nature branch could give bonuses to the number of souls Wortox can hold, introduce secondary buffs to releasing them, or reduce (not eliminate) his regular food penalties. The corruption skill tree could give bonuses to the hunger gained by eating souls, reducing or eliminating the sanity penalty for eating souls, augmenting his soul hop ability, or giving him additional ways to utilize souls.
  1. Load more activity