The Title Screen

I realize this isn't a big deal. I'm appreciative of all Klei has done to support this game, and I absolutely love it. However, now that the official updates have completed, it seems the devs have left the title screen noticably bare. It sticks out. What happened to the old title screen with the animated spider and such? Presentation must count for something...

I'm speculating you're hiding something from me..

No I'm not!

(P.S. I'll make a status update so we can discuss this matter, don't wanna derail anymore :p)

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/index.php?/topic/22285-dont-starve-menu-then-and-now/?p=227124

"The hands and spiders from the new menu got cut when we started to support odd screen resolutions. They were baked-out animations that assumed a certain screen size, and they just didn't work at all resolutions without getting strangely scaled."

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/index.php?/topic/22285-dont-starve-menu-then-and-now/?p=227124

"The hands and spiders from the new menu got cut when we started to support odd screen resolutions. They were baked-out animations that assumed a certain screen size, and they just didn't work at all resolutions without getting strangely scaled."

Ugh, if that's so, then at least try centering the buttons or something. Also, can't you add at least one animation? There is planty of room on the screen atm to fit one small animation(doesn't need to scale.)

Holy crap I thought that Klei got rid of the hands as a brilliant addition to the story, using the main menu itself as a story telling element.

I can't see what you mean, how does it tell a story this way? I'm curious  now ^^  :D 

Archived