4 hours ago, Siorm said:

...but you are probably gonna loose 70% of your games if you play with random people.

Well, that's kinda of the reason why I like Woodie. If we have a low chance of even winning in the first place, then I don't want those odds to be diminished because the runner is playing as a straight up more difficult character. If someone really wants to play as Wes, I won't stop them, but I haven't seen any Wes players be remotely useful.

Well this is a nice guide for all those wanting to get the Wes achievements. Or ones playing with friends that know what and when to do, and fancy le mime. Otherwise, if talking pubs of random people, as others stated: most of those cases playing Wes is only dead weight.

I remember how I actually adored being Wes runner in the old forge and used him that way back in the beginings when majority of people still struggled with one or two boarillas. I was like "hmm, finaly Wes has a game changing use, that is neat".

Some games later, accident occured where Boarilla I had aggroed onto me and kept shooting it from time to time, decided to change target and killed Wendy and other team members who struggled with another Boarilla. I used special attack and tried to aggro it back onto me, but it simply didn't. Kinda made sense that decimated team later booed me for not doing my job, although there is nothing I could do about it.

I don't understand who came up with this stupid perk that makes wes harder to aggro enemies onto himself. It doesn't make any sense - given his character that tends to draw troubles onto him. It is just contradicting itself and is one of the main reasons why people never really sticked to him.

There could be a potential for him, given most Woodie runners just equip speed hat and run with Boarilla without trying to utilize Lucy chucks properly. The dissapointment comes from the fact his downsides negates the upsides even for these kind of players.

43 minutes ago, Sunsoft said:

The dissapointment comes from the fact his downsides negates the upsides even for these kind of players.

It seems to me like the intention was it makes Boarilla less likely to unaggro from him while also making other enemies (side scorps & turtles, pit pigs during boarrior etc) not aggro and interfere with his kiting.

Sadly it just doesn't work all that well.

Another reason why Wes might be underrated is because many players also participated in Forge 2017 and back then there were Accomplishments like:

• Survival of the Mis-Fittest: Play on a team with 6 unique characters and win without any teammates dying. (30,000 XP)

That's something what every experienced player wanted to achieve. It was way too risky to pick Wes for this Achievement/Accomplishment and Woodie had mostly the same perks (if he kept throwing his axe) but he could make sure not to loose the aggro of the Boarilla & much better stats for Melee & Tank.

27 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

Another reason why Wes might be underrated is because many players also participated in Forge 2017 and back then there were Accomplishments like:

• Survival of the Mis-Fittest: Play on a team with 6 unique characters and win without any teammates dying. (30,000 XP)

That's something what every experienced player wanted to achieve. It was way too risky to pick Wes for this Achievement/Accomplishment and Woodie had mostly the same perks (if he kept throwing his axe) but he could make sure not to loose the aggro of the Boarilla & much better stats for Melee & Tank.

People were playing Wes back then, though. It's 2018 Forge where you never see him.

25 minutes ago, Xehanightmare said:

People were playing Wes back then, though. It's 2018 Forge where you never see him.

Speedrunners might have contributed to that. Once Forge was over they released a video showing their strats.

I think that's where the Woodie anim cancel technique really started getting attention.

I'm still thinking about how well my team worked yesterday with winning and defeating the Swineclops, and how we weren't the meta. It was a Wilson, Wes, Waxwell, Winona, Wigfrid and WX. Maxwell's shadow clones are really good for stunning the rhinos and bosses. Winona was healer. The rhinos didn't even revive at all which was neat. Some folks think I have to make myself a tank because "a runner is not needed after boarilla" but that's not how I work i'm more of a side tank emergency runner. With rhinos when I fight one i'm not supposed to be the one aggroed because I need my bombs to do it's melee special, which is when I have to keep hitting with them and then they can blow in my hand which is timed when rhinos might hoot. There's also the specials of every other player they can do, a Woodie doesn't have to hold the backs of everyone. Two tanks are enough for the swineclops. If both go down I know how to run with the boss away from the team as bombs can cancel its charge attack when a player is running away which Woodie cannot cancel!

Juggling three weapons as Wes is also neat to do to be able to do as many specials as possible for more damage/cancelling attacks

Winona switching to a hammer smash as the healing staff coolsdown with rhinos too is good for stunning them, makes the healer more useful in being able to stop em

I met an ABSOLUTE LEGEND Wes player last night.  This dude was incredible.  He only talked in emojis and did some weird stuff that most of us didn't quite understand.  He picked up the Blacksmith's Edge and a couple people thought he was trolling.

He wasn't trolling.  This dude ran, he tanked all of the bosses including Swineclops, and he didn't die at all.  I'm pretty sure I forged with a god last night.

On 11/26/2018 at 10:08 AM, Miss Maya said:

I met an ABSOLUTE LEGEND Wes player last night.  This dude was incredible.  He only talked in emojis and did some weird stuff that most of us didn't quite understand.  He picked up the Blacksmith's Edge and a couple people thought he was trolling.

He wasn't trolling.  This dude ran, he tanked all of the bosses including Swineclops, and he didn't die at all.  I'm pretty sure I forged with a god last night.

You just met Wes himself, I wish I were you

Woodie believers eat your heart out!

IMG_4122.GIF

Wes op

Archived