Seaworthy and Skyworthy mechanics inconsistent

It weird and can be confusing for people; Seaworthy allow travel between shipwrecked and vanilla/rog worlds, but skyworthy travel all? Why not each world have its own worthy that travel between each other then, so vanilla/rog has its own one too, may be landworthy or woodsworthy?

On 11/12/2018 at 12:20 AM, Charsis said:

It weird and can be confusing for people; Seaworthy allow travel between shipwrecked and vanilla/rog worlds, but skyworthy travel all? Why not each world have its own worthy that travel between each other then, so vanilla/rog has its own one too, may be landworthy or woodsworthy?

Er, because you can build Seaworthy in Rog and travel too SW, and I am pretty sure you can build SkyWorthy and travel both SW and Hamlet, depending on the settings you choose? And because RoG/Vanilla have different established "lore" that has been for years in place, where as in SW and Hamlet you end up by using either one of two construction, that's the idea anyways

Well, the SeaWorthy system may look like 2 separate machines - one machine in SW and one machine in ROG, but it's really 1 machine with 2 access portals.

The SkyWorthy is single machine with 2 or 3 access portals.

You can't have a 'LandWorthy' access portal that connects to a SeaWorthy or SkyWorthy access portal. That's nonsense.

2 minutes ago, The Noon Fish said:

>applying logic to magic

you already lost the game

Just cuz we don't understand it's functionality doesn't mean magic doesn't follow rules.

My point was, for the precise reason that it is magic, we can "a wizard did it" with any reason we want. Our BS reasoning can't be proved or disproved either way until it's something more tangible.

13 hours ago, jeffhartley3925 said:

You can't have a 'LandWorthy' access portal

12 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Well a boat can't take you into the sky, but a flying machine can take you to an island.

I still think that landworthy would be fun idea. Then youll end up with three separate portal with maximum of two per world. Use boat to travel to sw, use flying thingy to travel to hamlet and use landworthy to travel to rog

4 hours ago, metallichydra said:

is it even possile to build a skyworthy in a non-hamlet world?

Yes, because it DLC to vanilla game, not a new game. Just can't make rog or sw game.

On 19/11/2018 at 8:14 PM, Zeklo said:

Well a boat can't take you into the sky, but a flying machine can take you to an island.

That's the only way I can think to logic it.

I always look at it as ride machines that make you go to sleep. Skyworthy isn't real balloon, looks nothing like, same as wreck ship when you start sw world.

I would love have actual balloon too, then we can explore the sky andmove from island to island, or even land down :D 

EDIT:

On 19/11/2018 at 9:59 PM, The Noon Fish said:

>applying logic to magic

you already lost the game

>easy debunk

world needs follow its own set rules, else it look dumb ;)

I have to agree with OP, the mechanics are inconsistents, and it goes far beyond seaworthy allowing less than skyworthy, its also that you can connect pre-hamlet worlds to an hamlet world by building the skyworthy in hamlet, but then you cannot go back to hamlet because in former world you cant build the skyworthy. And if you worldhop, you still wont get the silly can. I'll make a post about that.

@MonsieurO you sure? I thought it spawn in existing world even if you connect pre-Hamlet world. That looks like big problem if it does not :(

Also, I got Skyworthy travel to SW world lead you to Seaworthy, not Skyworthy, so had to use console to go to right worthy because it broken. Still not fixed to my knowledge.

On 11/21/2018 at 2:33 AM, metallichydra said:

how do you get can of silly string in non-hamlet-world?

I've done it.  In ROG, the crashed balloon spawns near the parrot and crashed boat.  Hammering the balloon gives you silly string instead of cloth.  

Archived