Winona healer 10% cd helmet VS +25% healing rate

Desblat

If I go Winona healer I can either take cd helmet or +25% healing rate hat, IDK what works better since:

Winona 10% cd bonus + 10% cd armor + 10% cd hat = is 30% cd reduce, with this I can spam heal staff, switch to hammer - do jump, switch to fire bomb - throw bomb. By that time staff will be ready and I repeat that.

I don't know if that is more effective than +25% healing rate hat.

Triple cd reduction if you want to juggle specials isn't bad, but later you want the healing hat. Please, please don't wear CD hat during Boarrior, the only Winona healer I've had during this season didn't wear healing hat and we constantly dropped like flies on Boarrior because she just doesn't heal enough compared to Wickerbottom's 33% boost.

But if you're actively juggling items for specials to justify choosing Winona, then I won't complain! The only concern is that IIRC people did testing before and items only cooled down faster while you were holding them. On my personal tests it seemed like they only got the cooldown bonus on cast, not while holding... I dunno. z.z Something to keep in mind. Maybe someone should test it again.

25 minutes ago, ItsPizzaTime said:

Just wear the CD hat AFTER you cast, and right before you cast equip the healing hat to gain the hats bonus, cast heal and switch back to CD again. 

So you mean healing boost will work-out if I cast staff wearing hat?

And CD will go faster while I am wearing the cd-hat?

11 hours ago, Desblat said:

So you mean healing boost will work-out if I cast staff wearing hat?

And CD will go faster while I am wearing the cd-hat?

Yes, tiara to speed up the cooldown during cooldown period, then switch to garland when spell's ready to increase the healing output when you cast the spell.

Wicker can basically do a mega-heal if she has an amp ready and has time/space to fetch the the garland, but for Winona it's really necessary to match up to the burst healing Wicker can bring naturally with her amp, so just stick to the garland if the fight doesn't allow you to switch between tiara and garland reliably.

1 hour ago, Gagarin-ace said:

is anyone able to calculate winona vs wicker?

cd bonus vs shiny hands bonus (i dont know how its called)

as i see during gameplay winona not even close to wicker

It seems that wicker > winona in every way

10% cd by itself is worse than spell AMP

and book caster is a must: fire golem and petrifing

and don't tell me about maxwell book caster - his low hp guaraties death if you lag for a sec

It's been awhile but IIRC Wicker's bonus is about 33%. That's a lot stronger than 10% cd reduction, plus the petrification is invaluable.

When people go Winona healer and have a Willow using firestaff, there is great regret during snortoise/scorp waves as the monsters run rampant. :T Scorp wave especially is a mess as poison forces running/deaths with the entire mob of enemies wailing on you, and then you lose track of which ones you've been attacking, next thing you know half are spitting poison and maybe one's been killed...

Archived