Fanart by SightKeeper

On 11/25/2018 at 12:19 AM, DragonMage156 said:

Welcome to the forums. Yes I recall seeing most of these on Tumblr. I agree with Minespatch, a lot of these are really organic and pleasing to look at. The deerclops one however was new to me. You did well to emulate the eeriness and fear we feel when we hear him in-game ^^;

Oh man, thank you so much! I'm stoked you like my work! (Also pardon the super late reply - I'm still trying to remember to check this site!)

13 hours ago, SightKeeper said:

Oh man, thank you so much! I'm stoked you like my work! (Also pardon the super late reply - I'm still trying to remember to check this site!)

It's fine man. I been slack in checking the forums too ^^; and great Maxwell piece. It's a great contrast to the last one, having used smooth more rounded shapes.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SightKeeper said:

Game Master by GarrulousGibberish

Mirror to the Maxwell from before

This is an intense Maxwell! It's cool how you did the sticky-trappy-ness of the throne for him, he's usually drawn sitting so calmly. Meanwhile, the hands of Them seem so calm in their grasp, definitely eerie. 
I wonder if this is Maxwell early on when put on the throne, or a bit later. It looks a bit later to me because of his sharp teeth.

• Like 1

Nice touches on the hands(which matches the model). Though when he's released Maxwell doesn't seem to have sharp pointy teeth compared to his shadow clone from the Adventure Mode. Though I can see this form matching his DST vignette about the Codex shaping his body from anything far from human.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

Nice touches on the hands(which matches the model). Though when he's released Maxwell doesn't seem to have sharp pointy teeth compared to his shadow clone from the Adventure Mode. Though I can see this form matching his DST vignette about the Codex shaping his body from anything far from human.

I was working based on this image from Adventure Mode! (Though I realize this isn't the same version we see in the throne room)image.thumb.png.d83c94ba46e093b8bc57d0c9751be1bb.png

11 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

This is an intense Maxwell! It's cool how you did the sticky-trappy-ness of the throne for him, he's usually drawn sitting so calmly. Meanwhile, the hands of Them seem so calm in their grasp, definitely eerie. 
I wonder if this is Maxwell early on when put on the throne, or a bit later. It looks a bit later to me because of his sharp teeth.

Ah thank you so much! I took inspiration from one of his last forms in Adventure Mode, so definitely later!

13 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Oh man, these Maxwells never get old. Nicely done! The Throne looks super aggressive, and the hands are a delightfully terrifying touch.

Thank you so much for saying so! :wilson_love:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SightKeeper said:

I was working based on this image from Adventure Mode!

Funnily enough, just last week I was going on about how no one seemed to talk about/even remember that time Maxwell was horrifying. I appears I was mistaken, and it was a pleasant surprise to see your take on it!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Funnily enough, just last week I was going on about how no one seemed to talk about/even remember that time Maxwell was horrifying. I appears I was mistaken, and it was a pleasant surprise to see your take on it!

[bangs hands on table] More monster Maxwell! More monster Maxwell!!!

You, I like you! Glad you also appreciate the horror side!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Hey that's awesome! The SW characters don't get nearly as much attention as the main cast so it's nice to see fanart of them ^_^

This is true! Myself included, I'd never drawn (or to be honest, played SW) until I got this prompt! I hope to see more of them around though because they're really fun and I love Warly and Walani a lot!

On 12/16/2018 at 11:52 PM, minespatch said:

That's a really organic piece of art! His anatomy looks so slick and flexible that it feels like a snapshot from a photograph. The background also fascinates me. Like a ornament or a inverted globe of a sea-scenery.

Aaaa thank you so much! I'm trying to losen up my poses, so I'm glad you think it's fluid! (To be honest the bg was very much me not being able to decide on what sky color to do, so I just decided both midday and sunset, screw it. The results were much better than I expected!)

31 minutes ago, Swollson said:

omg sightkeeper i absolutely love your art!! your anatomy is so lovely

and honestly, your maxy drawings are to nut for LOL ♡‿♡ 

Thank you so much!! I also just took a quick look because I recognized your icon - your art is very lovely, as well!! (Aha I am glad you like my Maxwells, I am very fond of them)

• Like 1

Do you find doing really dark scenes digitally is difficult? You see enough variation on screen when you're working on it, but as soon as it's anywhere else, most of the details get lost. I guess it's just a practice thing.

Things here are nice and discernible, though! I see some plants n' whatnot in the background, even with the relatively low contrast in that area.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2018 at 4:03 PM, ResettePlayer said:

Do you find doing really dark scenes digitally is difficult? You see enough variation on screen when you're working on it, but as soon as it's anywhere else, most of the details get lost. I guess it's just a practice thing.

Things here are nice and discernible, though! I see some plants n' whatnot in the background, even with the relatively low contrast in that area.

It can be! It's frustrating when I see plenty of contrast when I draw, because I use a cintiq and the screen has great colors, but then I open the same image on another computer and it's just a black blob. XD Nothing really to be done about it other than trying to lighten it just a bit to compensate, and as you said, practice. Everyone's screens are slightly different though, so you kind of just have to hope for the best.

On 12/25/2018 at 9:41 PM, minespatch said:

That look of aw and amaze in Wilson's eyes are just adorable. Love the blue on his eyelids too. The lighting is really on point.:wilson_smile:

Aw man, thank you so much! I didn't know if the blue eyelids would look too strange, but I'm glad it was a neat feature! ❤

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/18/2018 at 1:08 AM, SightKeeper said:

This is true! Myself included, I'd never drawn (or to be honest, played SW) until I got this prompt! I hope to see more of them around though because they're really fun and I love Warly and Walani a lot!

This is exactly what I've always strived for! To get others to know they exist! Especially with that secret santa ;D! I love it

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CameoAppearance said:

I can't help but parse this as Wilson yelling belligerently at the Deerclops to just come out and fight him already. (I think I reblogged it with a comment to that effect on Tumblr.)

Honestly I am 100% on board with the idea of the small science man yelling at a behemoth a la David and Goliath

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was gonna wait til I had more of these GF/DS crossovers done before I posted, but my current project is taking all my free time so I'm not sure when that will be. So for now, some lumberjacks bonding!

dsGFdoodles.thumb.png.68e6662757b63d3cb2d958d4b0f74f89.png

Edited by SightKeeper
  • Like 8