Longest you survived with Wes?

G4MR

Not being able to one shot rabbits is what did it for me with Wes. I was at day 80ish and decided I'd go crazy and kill some beardlings. When I realized he couldn't one shot the bunnies I decided I'd try killing some crawling horrors, since I was crazy and I may as well make use of it. They killed me.

Saving games like that isn't kinda a cheat ? ~justsaying.

I'm in day 100 with mine. The worst thing about Wes is the damage... Can't 1 shot rabbits with tools, can't 1 shot birds with boomerang...

tbh people play the game they want to play it, it's a single player game and people will enjoy it the way they want. Cheating, eh... people used to use weapon codes in GTA if they are having fun, that's all that matters (note I don't condone this in multiplayer games)

tbh people play the game they want to play it, it's a single player game and people will enjoy it the way they want. Cheating, eh... people used to use weapon codes in GTA if they are having fun, that's all that matters (note I don't condone this in multiplayer games)

So I can go in the game's files change my hp to 8001 and make days pass in 15 sec and them live 666 days... It wouldn't be fair with the legit people.

Imagine those people who died early, that wouldn't happened if they saved their worlds...

(+ I don't think that he used the saved worlds before he died)

(+ days lived in Don't Starve are most a patience/time challenge...)

Cheating is just nice for a singleplayer experience (without "ranking" or so...). This is kinda why people don't want a difficulty option on don't starve because [source], people who played in "easy/normal" mode could be kinda "discriminated"...

Not being able to one shot rabbits is what did it for me with Wes. I was at day 80ish and decided I'd go crazy and kill some beardlings. When I realized he couldn't one shot the bunnies I decided I'd try killing some crawling horrors, since I was crazy and I may as well make use of it. They killed me.

You can one-shot bunnies, just gotta use a spear :p

Ah yeah, I was trying with the boomerang because I was too lazy to trap them -_-;

I don't usually bother with traps, I just line them up with their rabbit hole and run towards them, so when they panic they'll try to run back to the rabbit hole and thus towards me :p

I'm at 113 days and going, it was my first attempt at Wes aswell. I have not died yet (as in, I didn't die and revive from an effigy or amulet). Food isn't really a problem, so I smashed all my beeboxes and swore to never use honey again.

*OH GOD I MISS MY HONEY, TAFFY, AND PUMPKIN COOKIES :distress:*

So I can go in the game's files change my hp to 8001 and make days pass in 15 sec and them live 666 days... It wouldn't be fair with the legit people.

Imagine those people who died early, that wouldn't happened if they saved their worlds...

(+ I don't think that he used the saved worlds before he died)

(+ days lived in Don't Starve are most a patience/time challenge...)

Cheating is just nice for a singleplayer experience (without "ranking" or so...). This is kinda why people don't want a difficulty option on don't starve because [source], people who played in "easy/normal" mode could be kinda "discriminated"...

It's irrelevant to the legit people, this isn't a multiplayer game. Why do you think they allow mods for this game? So people can play the game the way they want to play it.

It's irrelevant to the legit people, this isn't a multiplayer game. Why do you think they allow mods for this game? So people can play the game the way they want to play it.

Oh god, I think you missed the point...

If you gonna compare things of the game, like the days, this is out of the "singleplayer experience"...

If the one death thing wasn't implemented in the game (which was bypassed because of the world save) people would live much more... So you can't compare games/worlds of people who play Vanilla with the ones who use mods/adds/saves...

I am not against mods, on the contrary, there are some great mods (some of them I hope that the devs even add to the game)...

The problem isn't the use, the problem is to compare (like minecraft survival/creative modes...).