First Beta win

NovaWX

Boarilla doesnt appear, like the final champion of the Forge with those two bones scythes. Final wave is just those two Gorillas. Also Gorillas have a new roll move where they curl up and charge at you. Even worse they can steer themselves into ya, so kites need armor and everyone else needs to stay away from behind the tanks.

15 minutes ago, NovaWX said:

Boarilla doesnt appear, like the final champion of the Forge with those two bones scythes. Final wave is just those two Gorillas. Also Gorillas have a new roll move where they curl up and charge at you. Even worse they can steer themselves into ya, so kites need armor and everyone else needs to stay away from behind the tanks.

I think klei going to add more after the full launch 

You know I hear people have been talkin about new enemies they've seen, like some kinda Rhino. I haven't seen it, is it like a boss like Boarilla? Or does it have to do with that progress bar looking thing and the Forge will introduce new enemies the more we play and level up?

Just now, CarlZalph said:

From what I've seen the roll can be stopped with Woodie's throw ability.  Perhaps other abilities work, too.

Oh thank god, that's relieving to hear that it can be stopped with a heavy special attack. It's terrifying seeing a giant spiked ball just smash through your healers and DPS and instantly follow up with a AOE smash.

I wouldn't go so fast as the claim the first beta win (several people have likely beaten the current state of Forge, myself included). It's safe to assume that not all the content is unlocked yet. My theory is that further levels of the Forge will be unlocked through community goals.

2Ol3hqW.pngI78iv3h.png

There are two new mobs, Drill Chargeant (left), and Scarabutaur the Condemned (right) which may appear after the Grand Forge Boarrior.

armor_hpextraheavy.gif.89f11dffe4016e936armor_hppetmastery.gif.1d26346201cba6cd76c2016f70bf49be.gifarmor_hprecharger.gif.3010840c6ab1e88dca6e3bd1309c18b3.gifarmor_hpdamager.gif.e048750c74fada8539427a5f81f76ed0.gif

The four new armors are likely direct upgrades of current Forge equipment for the later stages given their names (Steadfast Grand Suit [far-left] = Marble Plate Armor; Whispering Grand Suit [center-left] = Feathered Grass Armor; Silken Grand Suit [center-right] = Silken Wood Armor; Jagged Grand Suit [far-right] = Jagged Wood Armor)

Ah yeah I know people have played it and probably finished before me. I just wanted to make a Forge thread to discuss new stuff other then skins and maybe shamelessly show off the win.

Speaking of those mobs though, I wonder if Scarabutaur will take place as the final champion instead of the Boarrior, or maybe we'll see more variations like the Rhinos sometimes appearing instead of the Gorillas.

As a new Forge player I was greatly relieved to not have to face the Grand Forge Boarrior on my first game!

So it looks like the community has to defeat the Boarilla enough to raise the bar to the next goal, whatever that is. This will be interesting.

4 hours ago, Bluegeist said:

As a new Forge player I was greatly relieved to not have to face the Grand Forge Boarrior on my first game!

i didn't face him on my first game last beta, we all died before him

5 hours ago, NovaWX said:

Doesn't seem like final Boarilla appeared, just the stage that summoned two Gorillas was the end.

i'm sure you mean boarior and 1+2 borillas

16 hours ago, NovaWX said:

Doesn't seem like final Boarilla appeared, just the stage that summoned two Gorillas was the end.

20181105191737_1.jpg

theloopyouro.png.e046d43f2cb9e26c30201556ec2af8b7.png

Hey, that's me! :> I sport a different username on Steam, of course, but you get the idea. It was my first round as well, and altogether most likely not the first team to succeed, I too was quite surprised to win the game much sooner than expected. Heh, seems like old Forge habits die hard.

Ah nice! I was honestly surprised with how smoothly we got through the rounds. Haven't had as easy of a time getting a win after lol. Lucky that we were close to the end before a guy crashed, otherwise we would've been done for.

23 hours ago, NovaWX said:

You know I hear people have been talkin about new enemies they've seen, like some kinda Rhino. I haven't seen it, is it like a boss like Boarilla? Or does it have to do with that progress bar looking thing and the Forge will introduce new enemies the more we play and level up?

The Boarilla is that gorilla boss you're talking about. The Boarrior is the one with the absurdly long range and the dual-wielding sickles.

inb4 people ask...

Image result for sickle

That's a sickle.

2 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

The Boarilla is that gorilla boss you're talking about. The Boarrior is the one with the absurdly long range and the dual-wielding sickles.

inb4 people ask...

Image result for sickle

That's a sickle.

Yeah I get them swapped with all the Boar in the names. I've played the old forge, just hard to remember enemy names, easy to sum up enemies as turtles, scorpions, and crocodiles. I was just wondering about the whole community unlock stuff where we have to kill Boarillas for the next stage, and how the new enemies will get included in Forge.

Archived