Any way to get rid of seeds yet?

Still does not help with reed fibers and balm lilies.

For the fibres, you could, if you were crazy enough, set up machine converting them into clothing and melting it to refined carbon. There is no solution for lilies however, as pills are still Genetic Ooze, if I remember correctly.

49 minutes ago, FutureJohny said:

Still does not help with reed fibers and balm lilies.

For the fibres, you could, if you were crazy enough, set up machine converting them into clothing and melting it to refined carbon. There is no solution for lilies however, as pills are still Genetic Ooze, if I remember correctly.

Yea, I just realized last night that I have tons and tons of these and nothing to do with them.

Reed fibers can be used in the super insulator recipie. 5 units of reed fiber + 35 kg isoresin + some abyssalite gives 100kg superinsulator. Given that you need 400kg for a single tile or pipe segment you`ll need a lot of reed fiber late game.

1 minute ago, Sasza22 said:

Reed fibers can be used in the super insulator recipie. 5 units of reed fiber + 35 kg isoresin + some abyssalite gives 100kg superinsulator. Given that you need 400kg for a single tile or pipe segment you`ll need a lot of reed fiber late game.

They should also include balm lilies into a recipe in my opinion. Anyway, thanks for the info Sasza22 !

4 hours ago, FutureJohny said:

There is no solution for lilies however, as pills are still Genetic Ooze, if I remember correctly.

you can always change the game difficulty to miserable immunity 

Dupes will start popping vitamin chews like candy

I always thought that reed fiber and balm lilies should be compostables too :p That way, I would use my Chlorine vent to produce lilies flowers without any Dupe interaction, then occasionnaly turn it into Dirt.I occasionnaly dream of this :D

1 hour ago, Caochu said:

I always thought that reed fiber and balm lilies should be compostables too :p That way, I would use my Chlorine vent to produce lilies flowers without any Dupe interaction, then occasionnaly turn it into Dirt.I occasionnaly dream of this :D

Balm lilies don't consume chlorine tho. You don't need a vent.

4 hours ago, bleeter6 said:

Balm lilies don't consume chlorine tho. You don't need a vent.

Yeah you are right. :p While I actually know it, I badly write my plan that was to industrialize my chlorine vent, with lilies production, a Drecko ranch, and liquid chlorine that would be used for gas grass. In fact, I already constructed the first two, just I would expend the lilies production if they were an utility of some kinds. But thanks for the correction, it could have changed my plan for the better, that's nice of you ;)

7 minutes ago, Caochu said:

Yeah you are right. :p While I actually know it, I badly write my plan that was to industrialize my chlorine vent, with lilies production, a Drecko ranch, and liquid chlorine that would be used for gas grass. In fact, I already constructed the first two, just I would expend the lilies production if they were an utility of some kinds. But thanks for the correction, it could have changed my plan for the better, that's nice of you ;)

The only things that need a chlorine vent is if you plan to build:

1.  Ore scrubber

2.  Hand sanitizing station

3.  Gassy Moo ranch 

And honestly none of those things are really worth the trouble as they are not as effective as their counterpart builds:

1.  A conveyor rail system though a chlorine room works better than an ore scrubber

2.  Sinks and wash basins work just as good as hand sanitizing stations

3.  The surface space needed to grow gassy grass could be better used to build solar panels, more energy efficient and doesn't need to be micromanaged

14 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

2.  Sinks and wash basins work just as good as hand sanitizing stations

I have to disagree on this one point. I've noticed dupes who carry infested slime get loads of germs, and one pass of a sink isn't enough to get it off. A hand sanitizer can easily get rid of it all.

The hand sanitizer also cleans muuuuch faster than the sink or wash basin, the animation is significantly quicker. It's worth using the bleach stone on, particularly since there's little else to use bleach stone for.

Edit: note that this is only useful mid-game, before exosuits are common, and only at the exits. Sinks are far better in bathrooms where plumbing is going anyways.

Just now, crypticorb said:

I have to disagree on this one point. I've noticed dupes who carry infested slime get loads of germs, and one pass of a sink isn't enough to get it off. A hand sanitizer can easily get rid of it all.

The hand sanitizer also cleans muuuuch faster than the sink or wash basin, the animation is significantly quicker. It's worth using the bleach stone on, particularly since there's little else to use bleach stone for.

True when dupes carry slime back to base they got more germs than a single sink can handle, usually I double or triple up the sinks that lead to my chlorine room were I store slime

Even so a vent isn't really needed for those anyways.  There's enough bleach stone on the map to handle all the slime on the same map

Archived