$20 USD for 6 character skins!

Whats with the huge price hike on the Steam store? In game the character chest is listed at $9.99 USD but if we want to gift it for someone (or buy the DLC on Steam for collection/mod compatibility) we must pay $20 USD? Is this a mistake by the developers or is it the intended price?

The only reason I could see it potentially costing more than in the in game store (aside from being a mistake) would be the recent USA Steam tax changes, or if Klei will add the final 6 survivors next year for DLC owners.

Additionally we can buy the whole pack for $12.99 USD in the in game shop but on Steam as DLC it costs $19.70 USD.

The only thing I can think of is this being a bug as on SteamDB other currencies seem priced fairly similar compared to the Verdant Collection skin set on the Steam store. But I would like to know whether this is intentional or not before spending any money.

12 minutes ago, PeterA said:

Yup, it was a glitch with the launch. We've fixed it and it's at the appropriate price now. You might have to refresh for it to show up appropriately in Steam.

I checked 3 different pc's and it is still $19.99. SteamDB also thinks its $19.99 USD.

https://steamdb.info/app/840770/

Can anyone else confirm if it is $9.99 for them?

Edit: Price is still $19.99 in cart.

• Developer

I've re-checked the DLC pricing setup and everything looks fine. It's possible that it'll take some time for the fix to propagate through Steam's networks. Is anyone else in the USA able to see the $9.99 pricing?

7 minutes ago, PeterA said:

I've re-checked the DLC pricing setup and everything looks fine. It's possible that it'll take some time for the fix to propagate through Steam's networks. Is anyone else in the USA able to see the $9.99 pricing?

Still $20.00 for me as of time of writing.

• Developer
9 minutes ago, DarkKingBoo said:

Still $20.00 for me as of time of writing.

Can you try right clicking on the Steam store page and hitting Reload?

I just forced a flush of the store page. Hopefully that properly propagates out the changes to everyone.

27 minutes ago, PeterA said:

Can you try right clicking on the Steam store page and hitting Reload?

I just forced a flush of the store page. Hopefully that properly propagates out the changes to everyone.

Better grab a plunger. Its still $19.99 for me and SteamDB.

The only thing I can think of that would prevent the price from updating would be the new Steam sale guidelines which, if I recall correctly, were implemented a few months ago (August 2018?). I think developers couldn't put their games on sale 30 days before a major Steam sale (I think Steam is doing a special sale for Poland on November 6-9 next month) and maybe this also extends to general price changes. Again I am not a developer so I don't know if this information is accurate.

This still is not as bad a situation as the Gorge chests which were bugged and didn't grant anything for a few hours. Anyway thanks for looking into it.

Edit: There actually seem to be people who bought it and reviewed it so it might be a good idea to publicly address the issue. I would personally be mad if I bought it for $19.99 and it's price was reduced by half shortly.

Edit2: Steam works partner information regarding sales/discounts that might be useful. https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/marketing/discounts

• Developer
4 minutes ago, Dreamscape18459 said:

Better grab a plunger. Its still $19.99 for me and SteamDB.

Intriguing. What is live appears to be a mixed set of pricing, and only the USD value is broken.

4 minutes ago, Dreamscape18459 said:

This still is not as bad a situation as the Gorge chests which were bugged and didn't grant anything for a few hours. Anyway thanks for looking into it.

Ironically, the bug that caused that issue has been fixed on both our end and Valve's end so that it "can't" happen again.

Archived