[TOOL] Tools Not Included (aka the Seed Browser)

Only once did it get kinda caught in loop, where I could not turn off the mod. I took your advice, by reading the instruction page, to resize the window. And kinda made it to small. Other than that it was pretty straight-forward. It's likely that since my pc is on the low-end of the usable spectrum I would do better to have a manual upload button. The poor wifi reception gets garbled when it's closing down the sessions. It can't keep up when switching to the next board. I'll post some more as time goes on, regardless, thanks for the work with all these mods and stuff!

Do you think it is possible that a mod could give us back the ring biome?

First of all thank you very much for your amazing work. Since i like to plan my base in advance, it is a huge gameplay improvement for me and I can't imagine how it was possible to play ONI without this tool. And i think 6 out of 7 mods i use are also yours, so i really appreciate your hard work.

However, I would have a small request regarding the selection of geysers. Would it be possible to add a search option where you could say something like: I want 3 geysers, either water or cold steam and the single number doesn't matter. So you would get all possibilities like 3/0, 2/1, 1/2 and 0/3. I think this could be really handy!

As promised, you can now filter maps by traits as well! I've also added a crude visual guide how to use the found maps in game because due to the (still unfixed :( ) bug pasting the entire coordinate does not work.

I've also added some cache-invalidating code which should solve issues of having to do a cache clear. If someone still is forced to do a hard-cache clear (ctrl+f5) to see changes please let me know which browser it is!

Should tools not included .net be able to show a seed manually entered? I pasted in the seed I grabbed earlier, 12 hrs ago...lol, I t does not show it as a singular result. It generates a list, and this seed might not even be in it. It has pages...

SNDST-A-641987344-0

oh, the extra stuff is not needed, i get it...sry

I have fixed that, but now I'm not sure it's the same map.... looking at TNI. net. These maps, shown and being played atm aren't the same I think. I was just about to restart the game to see what seed number I am actually playing...

thank you I saw the picture moments ago, on your other thread.. And so yup, I copied and pasted the entire sequence that i took from the seed browser and dropped it in, and now i am playing an entirely different seed. I kinda thought so, but it's been going so well I've not really sweated it.

But, yes this additional information in the seed numbers is different and will take some getting used to. Thanks again for your help. The seed I am actually playing is not in the browser yet, 361206672. It has been great for me so far...

So I have a request. Can you give us a version of the upload mod that lets us choose the seeds to upload. I'd love to be able to put the seed I want to upload into the game settings then start game does the usual upload cycle and kicks me back to the main menu so I can select another seed to upload. 

I suspect the day after you give us this the number of geoactive uploads would spike.

9 minutes ago, Promethien said:

So I have a request. Can you give us a version of the upload mod that lets us choose the seeds to upload. I'd love to be able to put the seed I want to upload into the game settings then start game does the usual upload cycle and kicks me back to the main menu so I can select another seed to upload. 

I suspect the day after you give us this the number of geoactive uploads would spike.

I promised that too - but not everything at once! I'm trying to have some life over here :p

Another request for this awesome tool.

Let us search for "any water" and "any water including steam" if you can.

This gem shouldn't go untouched.

FRST-A-813998757-0

More than 100 kg/s of water in different forms, and that's without conversions from the steam vents.

As previously announced

1. The automatic memory leak crash generator  mod has been removed from steam

2. A Manual mod has been added to steam. It allows generating a fresh map and uploading it within 60 seconds of its creation - so you have to generate a fresh map specifically to be uploaded. Picking dupes steals time! https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1825374565

3. A fully automatic self restarting mod was uploaded to the website. The mod restarts the game every X  uploads. The X value is configurable in the Config.json. More configuration will come at a later date. I've successfully ran the mod for a few hours in a row, but the world gen sometimes glitches out and you need to restart the game manually. It doesn't happen often but just letting you know. https://toolsnotincluded.net/map-tools/map-browser/contribute

For the science! Could anyone with Mac (or even better- linux) generate game with seed 972888312 on Arboria and answer this: do you see any geyser between gold volcano and NG north from printer? Which one? :)

Thanks!

(just trying to convince Cairath and myself that I am not mad)

I saw a weird Sandstone seed there earlier, with 0 of everything. I don't know if it's an indicator of anything, but thought I'd let you know in case someone had a bugged uploading or some such.

Would also like to ask if you have more configuration options planned like choosing traits to generate the worlds with? Or is that not even possible due to how the game works?

54 minutes ago, Ellilea said:

I saw a weird Sandstone seed there earlier, with 0 of everything. I don't know if it's an indicator of anything, but thought I'd let you know in case someone had a bugged uploading or some such.

Would also like to ask if you have more configuration options planned like choosing traits to generate the worlds with? Or is that not even possible due to how the game works?

I don't see any map with 0 of everything, but if you d osee something obviously bugged out, feel free to report and I'll remove it.

I plan on more config options - *preferring* certain traits and asteroids. Not sure how exactly I'd weight it, but *preferring* to still keep some variety in uploads - it certainly won't be this week though

@Cairath

So I have been using the auto-generator to load maps for the past few days and created a small script to restart ONI when the app hangs/errors (not memory related). While my application restart code works, I'm losing ~32% efficiency because of the delay on knowing when ONI has hung and restarting it since I'm using signals from outside the app. I was thinking about how to improve my efficiency and wanted to see if I could do it in your auto-generator mod but when I landed on your github the public repositories for TNI don't seem to be updated. I would love to try and contribute a couple catches for these errors to restart the game so I can improve the map generation efficiency of the tool!

Secondly, and the most devastating efficiency loss is the game auto disabling the mod?!? Its really frustrating to set it up to run while I'm in bed just to wake up and find it sitting on the main menu with the mod turned off having lost 4 hours worth of map generation time. Any ideas on why this is?

Archived